If UT had to give up a tradition, which one?

I don't like the Woo so I would be fine with doing away with it. I don't consider it a tradition, but I would still like to see it go away.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
The woo. Seriously...if you can't allow for a 1 second pause before being compelled to fill it w something you have issues. I think that's how it started. People just couldn't stand to have ANY "dead space" in that song. I will wager they will fill the space between "home sweet home to me...with "me me me" at some point. Right now the space is filled with drawing out the "me." Making it "meeeeeeee."

Make anyone who say “wooo” during Rocky Top the choice of a 10 year ban from the stadium and all UT athletic activities, or they have to drink from a firehose.

Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Nebraska has to give up the long standing tradition of releasing red balloons after the first TD of each home game.
Nebraska football suspending balloon tradition

My query to you Volnation - if UT had for whatever reason to give up a current standing tradition (for the sake of this argument let's say something we have done for at least 10 years...because we all know third down for what needs to go !!!) what tradition would you not be heartbroken to see leave? Why?

Conversely, is there a tradition so ingrained that it would make you question why you watch Volunteer football if dropped?

Whooo. The Whooo can go

Reactions: IndianaVol
Someone fill me in on what all of the "Traditions" are:
Vol Walk
Running through the T
Playing Rocky Top after every score
Checker Neyland?
Pushups by the cheerleaders after every score. (I could give this one up)
Smokey at the games
tailgating before/after games
scoring 30+ points against FL and still losing
What else are traditions??????

Edit: is "Woo" a Tradition? I know it has been done for over 10 years.
Fireworks after a score would need to stay

Checkerboard overalls. Or at least folks weighing over 250 lbs not weaing shirts with them. That is just nasty.
Had not thought of that one...at least if the 250 guy is going to wear them, can we make part of the TV contract that he NOT be the one fan they continuously go to...come on!!!!

Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Nebraska has to give up the long standing tradition of releasing red balloons after the first TD of each home game.
Nebraska football suspending balloon tradition

My query to you Volnation - if UT had for whatever reason to give up a current standing tradition (for the sake of this argument let's say something we have done for at least 10 years...because we all know third down for what needs to go !!!) what tradition would you not be heartbroken to see leave? Why?

Conversely, is there a tradition so ingrained that it would make you question why you watch Volunteer football if dropped?
Nebraska gave up releasing red balloons because of Russia. That is about as stupid a thing as I have read in a long time.

Edit: just read the article... it's supposedly due to a helium shortage.

Still stupid.

AGREE - running through the T should be reserved for players, coaches, special visitors (have seen veterans and active military allowed to run), and maybe one or two cheerleaders / flag bearers at the lead.
I would like to see us return to the team actually running through the entire T and not just one part of it . If that requires us to move the locker room again so be it.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Helium supply chain issues / shortage, nothing to do with the color or anything. Plus, they factored in the environmental impact of releasing 100k+ balloons into the surrounding area.
Balloons are for kids’ birthdays. I always thought that was lame - even in the 70s.

I think playing Rocky Top after every score is a bit much now. Kinda wearing it out, especially with Heups offense. Not saying give it up but come up with something new after scores and save Rocky Top for beginning of games and after wins.
Personally, I prefer “Down the Field” any way.

VN Store

Back