If UT had to give up a tradition, which one?

I think playing Rocky Top after every score is a bit much now. Kinda wearing it out, especially with Heups offense. Not saying give it up but come up with something new after scores and save Rocky Top for beginning of games and after wins.
I’d like to hear it after every first down, every tv timeout, 3rd down stop, and turnover caused.

Hell, my sons and I listen to every version on Spotify on the way to and from every Tennessee sporting event. My 6 year olds favorite is when Charlie Daniels sings it to the troops. You CANT overplay Rocky Top.

Hot take, but if I had to pick an actual tradition to get rid of it would be the Vol Walk. Tennessee is by no means the only school or one of a handful of schools to do it, and Tennessee wasn't the first to do it. That, combined with the fact that I've been to a few and have always thought of it as a "I could take it or leave it" kind of activity

The school colors, the Volunteers name, Smokey, Rocky Top, or Running through the T, are untouchable.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
I vote we don't give up anything and that Nebraska sucks it up and doesn't give up on the red balloons.
Seems very weak, woke and ESPN-ish of them to do that.
Heck, add a few white balloons in there with the red ones.
I'm sure we won't be looking for tOSU to give up anything RED.

Do Blue and Yellow as a separate release in support of Ukraine.
9D82EF62-13CC-40C8-A4DB-98E8AEEE7276.jpeg

I think you zigged when you should’ve zagged, my man. Not everyone/everything is out to get you to “wokeness”… 😂

I never knew that Russia supplied most of the world's helium. We can't produce helium in the states? Is it that difficult?

This globalist breakdown is making me long for the days of isolationism and self reliance.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Can't be man made. Not a renewable resource.
Interesting. https://www.medicinenet.com/where_do_we_get_helium_gas_from/article.htm Medically Reviewed on 3/5/2021

"Most of the world’s helium demand is fulfilled through the gas deposits in the United States such as those in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Smaller supplies exist in Canada, Qatar, China, Algeria, Russia, and Poland."

So it's really Joe Biden's fault that Nebraska can't fill their balloons. Thanks, Joe Biden.

What the h3ll does Russia invading Ukraine have to do with Nebraska football?!?!?! I HATE this woke crowd. We can get helium in the same place WE SHOULD BE GETTING ALL OF OUR OIL - the UNITED STATES.

So automatically the 20-somethings are trying to figure out what UT could give up? Mental disorders are on the rise apparently.

The definition of a tradition is a custom or belief that is passed down through the generations or that is done time after time or year after year.

I think playing Rocky Top after every score is a bit much now. Kinda wearing it out, especially with Heups offense. Not saying give it up but come up with something new after scores and save Rocky Top for beginning of games and after wins.

I dunno man. Other fanbases absolutely hate the nonstop Rocky Top when the Vols are rolling. This makes me want to say keep it

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
Econvol92,You are absolutely correct.Like the ole ball coach said,"if you don't want me to run up the score,stop me!".Playing Rocky Top after every score is perfect just like Bama's "go Alabama,Auburn's tiger music,Ga's music.If the other teams hate the song,don't let us score.At least they can try to stop us from scoring.

Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Nebraska has to give up the long standing tradition of releasing red balloons after the first TD of each home game.
Nebraska football suspending balloon tradition

My query to you Volnation - if UT had for whatever reason to give up a current standing tradition (for the sake of this argument let's say something we have done for at least 10 years...because we all know third down for what needs to go !!!) what tradition would you not be heartbroken to see leave? Why?

Conversely, is there a tradition so ingrained that it would make you question why you watch Volunteer football if dropped?
Losing to Florida and Bama every year is a tradition I’d like to give up.
Just barely beat me to it. Just 4 pages. So close!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Ought to play sound bites of Smokey howling after every score!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Tennessee gave up its pregame balloon release something like 30+ years ago. Does that count?

K-9.jpg

Awwwww man. That picture brings up memories for sure. Thanks for posting it. I was pretty young back then and I always wanted to keep my balloon instead of releasing it.

VN Store

Back