If UT had to give up a tradition, which one?

Helium supply chain issues / shortage, nothing to do with the color or anything. Plus, they factored in the environmental impact of releasing 100k+ balloons into the surrounding area.
I get it…..

I think playing Rocky Top after every score is a bit much now. Kinda wearing it out, especially with Heups offense. Not saying give it up but come up with something new after scores and save Rocky Top for beginning of games and after wins.

Most every team plays the same song after a score .

Reactions: onevol74
I think playing Rocky Top after every score is a bit much now. Kinda wearing it out, especially with Heups offense. Not saying give it up but come up with something new after scores and save Rocky Top for beginning of games and after wins.
However, as Vol Fans, Rocky Top is like our national anthem. How bout them Vols baby!!!

We should give up the tradition of calling the women's teams "Lady Vols." The term is antiquated now--and the LV logo is VERY old and outdated, and looks it.

Lots of colleges/universities used to call their women's teams "Lady INSERT SCHOOL NICKNAME." They've ALL dropped the term and just call their women's teams by the school nickname--all except us. The former "Lady Razorbacks" are now just the Razorbacks--as it should be, as, last I checked, the men and women all attend and play for the same university. We cling to Lady Vols because it's associated with the Pat Summitt era, and the diehards apparently fear that we'll all forget her if we drop the term. That's silly. There are numerous ways to remember PS, and we do most of them--starting with a statute of her outside Thompson-Boling. If PS were alive, she'd probably be the first to say, it's time to retire the LV name and logo. It's not 1980 anymore.

We should give up the tradition of calling the women's teams "Lady Vols." The term is antiquated now--and the LV logo is VERY old and outdated, and looks it.

Lots of colleges/universities used to call their women's teams "Lady INSERT SCHOOL NICKNAME." They've ALL dropped the term and just call their women's teams by the school nickname--all except us. The former "Lady Razorbacks" are now just the Razorbacks--as it should be, as, last I checked, the men and women all attend and play for the same university. We cling to Lady Vols because it's associated with the Pat Summitt era, and the diehards apparently fear that we'll all forget her if we drop the term. That's silly. There are numerous ways to remember PS, and we do most of them--starting with a statute of her outside Thompson-Boling. If PS were alive, she'd probably be the first to say, it's time to retire the LV name and logo. It's not 1980 anymore.
I don't mind the Lady Vols so much, but I do not like the blue trim. I love Pat but I never liked that color combination.

Alumni and fans posting questions like this to VN. Hard, I know, but I’d give it up for the sake of Big Orange.

Reactions: Smokey X
Losing to Florida and Bama every year is a tradition I’d like to give up.

My new goal for Vol football is to simply beat the spread against UF, UGA, and Bama in the same season. Heupel season one did not make it, I'm hopeful he may get one of the three this year though.

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back