19 students, 3 adults dead in Texas elementary shooting.

Did not mean to imply it was torture. But doing it right is still a tall task. I enjoyed driving a tractor 12 hours a day, but that does mean it wasn't hard work.

That last part hits hard … want to do away with the whole “idle hands being the devils workshop” theory , more kids should know what the struggle is like to work a farm . I’ll include mine in that statement as they all missed out on that opportunity and have college educations ranging from a BS to Masters . My son is thinks he’s the closest to that as a overhead crane operator … I just laugh at his nice cushy job . 😂

I brought one of my granddad's rifles to school to refinish the stock in shop class and the teacher was re-blueing the metal. It was raining when I got it out of the truck so I walked through the school instead of around and was stopped by the principle. He asked what I was doing and if I had a hall pass.
Well, that wasn't too bright by either one of you. What if you really had been a school shooter? Was he going to give you a demerit?

Tennessee has basically three levels, each with their own set of rules for where one can carry. The lowest is pretty restricted.

Here it’s pretty simple and one size fits all. Can’t carry in schools or government buildings. Can’t carry in bars unless it’s something like a Buffalo Wild Wings where you can’t sit at the actual bar (or drink alcohol). Anywhere else is fair game unless they explicitly have an 8”x11” sign at the entrance that says no concealed weapons.

Ye
That last part hits hard … want to do away with the whole “idle hands being the devils workshop” theory , more kids should know what the struggle is like to work a farm . I’ll include mine in that statement as they all missed out on that opportunity and have college educations ranging from a BS to Masters . My son is thinks he’s the closest to that as a overhead crane operator … I just laugh at his nice cushy job . 😂
Hey, at least he knows how to do it. Hope he does it well.

I suggest red flag laws in combination with additional resources for mental health observations and counseling. Engaging parents and teachers to stress that mental health is a thing, even for your angels, and destigmatizing it for both parents and students. Start being tougher on ourselves in how much are we talking at home, is all this screen time really helping anybody? Including myself who spends way too much time on my phone in front of my young kids.
Nope. That can be easily abused.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Point is: there were a lot more gunfights in the west than there are school shootings.

I have no idea whether or not one is rarer than the other, I was just saying the wild west wasn't that wild. Not even sure why you would compare shootouts to school shootings. Shouldn't you compare school shootings to school shootings?

Your own link said shootouts were rare:

Though movies and television would like us to believe otherwise, it was very rare when gunfights occurred with the two gunfighters squarely facing each other from a distance in a dusty street. This romanticized image of the Old West gunfight was born in the dime novels of the late 19th century and perpetuated in the film era, to such a point that this fictional version is what our mind’s eye quickly conjures up when we hear the word “gunfight.” In actuality, the “real” gunfights of the Old West were rarely that “civilized.”

The kid had no real parental figures in his life. His mom had drug issues and run ins with the law, and his father obviously isn't around from what I've read. He had no stable home life. These things affect teens enormously. Sounds like he had no social life and sat in his room all the time.

This is the the result of break down in our society that we as the older generation see playing out . You can’t neglect ANYTHING without it eventually breaking down . This isn’t a damn government issue , it’s a society issue , the core where everything starts and held together is broken and we are seeing how unstable our values are .

I want to know why in the **** someone can buy body armor? Bears and deer are not shooting at you. The only reason to purchase that is because you expect to be taking heavy fire. Also, an 18 year old should not be allowed to buy a fireman, period. Bunch of larping pussies with their Billy Badass ARs running around.
What is the matter with owning body armor?

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back