19 students, 3 adults dead in Texas elementary shooting.

Hearing on news that one of the shot LEO’s was the SRO for the school. He tried to intercede and put the shooter under fire but was injured. Still unknown how the shooter just walked into the school.
Yeah I dont get that these days - For me just to get into my daughters high school several years ago it was like a major interegation badge, ID so on -- I would say this is on the school for lack of safety precautions

Francis endearing himself to Texas voters and showing what an effective charismatic leader he is. I hope he continues this approach of self destruction as his political career continues to circle the toilet drain.
With today's stunt, I'm surprised he didn't land a coveted job on President potato head's cabinet.

Seriously? Why does a civilian need body armor. Go ahead ill wait.
Mostly because we do a piss poor job of identifying the mentally ill in this country, which leads to innocent people being shot by crazies that put out all kinds of warning signs that no one bothered to recognize or act on.

Seriously? Why does a civilian need body armor. Go ahead ill wait.
Not that one is required for body armor but the Form 4473 doesn’t ask “do you really need this item?” anywhere on the form?

Show me where you get to be arbiter of what anybody wants. Go ahead I’ll wait.

Yeah I dont get that these days - For me just to get into my daughters high school several years ago it was like a major interegation badge, ID so on -- I would say this is on the school for lack of safety precautions
I would assume that a place like Uvalde TX wasn't expecting an unhinged attacker to waltz in with a rifle and start shooting kids. I'm sure it's the same in most rural areas as well. Unfortunately, shootings like this will cause changes, just like 9-11 did.

The difficult part is that we can't just flip a switch and change society. If you want two parent homes with more parental interaction, it's going to have to involve an evolution of the workforce so that both parents don't have to work to support the family financially.
That can happen right now if we controlled consumer spending better. Plus, the average home size has exploded since the 1970s. The home I grew up in was 3 bedroom and 1400 sf. Today, that is considered a starter home.

Also, if a wife/mother is earning less than $40k/yr, you can make a good case for her doing better to just quit her job and stay at home. Between day care costs, gas/car and time away from home, I think that is doable for a lot of families.

It's going to take subdivisions and neighborhood design that includes common recreational spaces in walking distance for its citizens. It's going to take a combination of parents monitoring and entertainers performing material that doesn't glorify sex, violence, and drugs.
I could make the case that after WWII when we started moving away from homesteads or small family farms to seeing Levittowns and subdivisions, that it may have added to the gradual decline we see ourselves in right now.

Rampant individualism is going to have to minimize itself and we're going to have to start living in community again. Shared values, shared experiences, shared oversight.
You should be in Davos. Are you one of these believers in "toxic masculinity" also?

So really no need for any criminal laws, right?
We have laws, assault and murder are crime regardless of the tool used.
While in 2nd grade a girl tried to stab another student with a pencil, the girl had a team that met for her “treatment” not a single person on yhat team was an advocate for the other 25 students.
BTW that girl is now in jail for…..you guessed it …. Murder

VN Store

Back