Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watch Josh Pate? He is saying he thinks the conference start to police the NIL themselves and get rid of the NCAA. Sounds great and all but I’m at the point where I trust the SEC office and commissioner less than NCAA. Saban will get his way until the day he dies.

Reminder:

8819354B-F207-4E39-A960-98288F66A3AE.png

Ignorance is bliss... also don't ever look up how they make mcnuggets
That crap doesn't bother me...in the olden days (and even in this day among primitive peoples) they don't waste anything either. Fried bologna, McNuggets and hot dogs cooked on the grill or in the fire are a hell of a lot tastier way to eat these animal by-parts than the old ways were.

So I am confused. We have some posters on here that continually spout NIL is the only factor in recruiting. The only reason a team gets a recruit is because of NIL. Relationships don’t matter now. But here we have Jordan Addison, one of the best WRs in the nation, turning down much better NIL deals to play with Caleb Williams at USC.

USC WR Jordan Addison received higher NIL offers from other programs, per report

Reactions: UTProf
So I am confused. We have some posters on here that continually spout NIL is the only factor in recruiting. The only reason a team gets a recruit is because of NIL. Relationships don’t matter now. But here we have Jordan Addison, one of the best WRs in the nation, turning down much better NIL deals to play with Caleb Williams at USC.

USC WR Jordan Addison received higher NIL offers from other programs, per report
I notice they didn't name these imaginary better NIL deals....

What's your criteria for "much better" offers? You're acting like he went to USC for next to nothing. He may also believe that he will be more marketable at USC and make more doing it the right way.

I do think, despite all this, that players, by and large, will continue to go to programs that will historically give them a better chance to go the league over which one gave them the highest NIL deal. Most often that’s probably a wash as the schools with the best chance to offer exorbitant amounts of money can also give you a great chance at making the NFL.

I bet you also believe that Alabama has never paid players.

Saw this picture going around. This dude’s vibe, taking it all in, will probably remember it best.
View attachment 457454

That dudes gone viral. Already a meme, gif, etc all over the golf Reddit threads and seen it outside of the golf threads too.

Agreed though. Dude had the best seat in the house in that moment and he took it all in completely. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back