Formula 1 Thread

What a shame for Leclerc and Ferrari.

It feels really premature to say this, but I don’t think ferrari claws back from here. I know a lot can change, but RBR and Max are performing so well.

Very proud of the fight Lewis put on today. His race pace has been fantastic all year, he just needs to get 1 lap performance going.

It feels really premature to say this, but I don’t think ferrari claws back from here. I know a lot can change, but RBR and Max are performing so well.

Very proud of the fight Lewis put on today. His race pace has been fantastic all year, he just needs to get 1 lap performance going.
Mercedes looks to finally have things going in the right direction. Hopefully it’ll lead to some more interesting racing. Leclerc was providing a good foil to Max, but I agree that Ferrari and he are toast.

Mercedes looks to finally have things going in the right direction. Hopefully it’ll lead to some more interesting racing. Leclerc was providing a good foil to Max, but I agree that Ferrari and he are toast.

I really love Leclerc, he has good pace and seems like a nice guy. I do think he is a bit too error prone at this point in his career. I also have doubts about Ferrari’s ability to develop the car. That all being said, there’s a ton of races left and anything can happen.

Stick a fork in this one.

I hate to say it but by the time Monza or Marina Bay rolls around, this is going to turn into another Red Bull vs Mercedes fight. Granted, it won’t be anything like last season’s fight, but those will be the top two contenders.

Ferrari just seems be deliberately shafting Leclerc. Combine that with the fact that Sainz just does not have the pace, and you have Ferrari petering out after the summer break.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
I apologize for asking, I don’t know much about Formula 1, why is Mercedes and Hamilton struggling?

This year the rules or “formula” changed tremendously. Mercedes missed their mark initially on the design of the car and just didn’t have the pace. As fun coupon VOL mentioned, they are closing the gap well.

As for Lewis, they had him trying out experimental setups in most practice sessions so they can figure out the car’s issues. That compromised his race weekends, for the betterment of the team.

Now they’ve stopped needing him to test the wild experiments and he’s showing peak form in races.

Reactions: n_huffhines

I was telling someone else some hard truths(my opinion):

1. There’s a reason why ferrari hasn’t won a championship since 2007, even though they had WDC and WCC capable cars in 2008, 2010(car was actually a dog), 2017, 2018 and 2022.

2. Lecerc is too error prone to win in what Ferrari produces. Same thing happened with Vettel. When the team puts you in bad spots, you as a driver can’t miss on an open goal.

I was telling someone else some hard truths(my opinion):

1. There’s a reason why ferrari hasn’t won a championship since 2007, even though they had WDC and WCC capable cars in 2008, 2010(car was actually a dog), 2017, 2018 and 2022.

2. Lecerc is too error prone to win in what Ferrari produces. Same thing happened with Vettel. When the team puts you in bad spots, you as a driver can’t miss on an open goal.

disagree on 2. What is happening to Leclerc compared to Vettel is criminal.

At the beginning of the season, I was thinking that Lewis may not get a win this year, but that has definitely changed as I think that he'll end up being second in the driver's championship. However, if I've done the research correctly, this is the first season that Lewis has had where he did not have a win prior to summer break.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
At the beginning of the season, I was thinking that Lewis may not get a win this year, but that has definitely changed as I think that he'll end up being second in the driver's championship. However, if I've done the research correctly, this is the first season that Lewis has had where he did not have a win prior to summer break.

You are correct. In the slow years of 2009 and 2013 he was able to get it done by Hungary.

He’s still got the drive and pace, just needs a perfect weekend. When they are this far off the pace, they need a perfect weekend and missteps by the top two teams.

Reactions: manmojack

VN Store

Back