Formula 1 Thread

Never thought Jimmie Johnson would make me yearn for the sound of the old F1 engines but here we are...
Nothing like those old V10s. I've went to religious watcher of F1 to haven't watched a race in a year and the engine changes have been a big part of that.

2019 standings, Hamilton leads with 250 points to date. Bottas follows with 188. close on his heels is Verstappen with 181. The two top drivers are with Mercedes, and the third is with Red Bull Honda. Just off the podium so to speak are Ferrari drivers, Vettel and Leclerc. Teams, Mercedes is way out front with 438 points. Because of the consistency of Vettel & Leclerc, Ferrari is second with 288 points. Red Bull Honda is chasing at 244. All the other teams are in double digits. So, is this season putting lead in your pencil?

BTW, does anyone follow Formula e?

I've started to look into it and up until the Austrian GP it was producing a lot better racing than F1, but now we've got 4 straight good F1 races. While it might may produce good racing it's still so weird to me to watch a race with the cars being so quiet.

Reactions: Tin Man
@OrngeJuiceJones i tagged you in this random post Bc I don’t know how or if I can send a personal message.

I’m not trying to argue from authority Bc that’s stupid...but I played for UT in 2013-2014 and think a little differently. Not saying you’re wrong and I’m right, I just get defensive for the boys lol

@OrngeJuiceJones i tagged you in this random post Bc I don’t know how or if I can send a personal message.

I’m not trying to argue from authority Bc that’s stupid...but I played for UT in 2013-2014 and think a little differently. Not saying you’re wrong and I’m right, I just get defensive for the boys lol
100% understand. And im not trying to be a Dick. Im the same way when it comes to sports I played in high school and college. Passionate.

Reactions: TennVols12
Is nobody following this season? I'm new to F-1 due to my thorough enjoyment of the Netflix series. I started watching races a couple months back and this finish has been insane. Verstappen is a mad man.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
I've been watching since Novemberish of last year maybe? Whenever Grosjean had his crash. Was channel surfing, stopped to see what was going on and have been interested ever since.

It's a good season, but there are things I still wonder about.

So far as I can tell being a new F1 fan it seems like the cars aren't even close to even. I don't see the point in celebrating a driver so much when 90% of the grid has no chance to win and won't even fight for position because they'll be happy finishing 5th or 6th.

Honestly I'd rather see more parity on the cars so you can actually see driver achievement, but I have a feeling I'd be shouted down by longtime F1 fans. Yea, Lewis has won a ton of championships but if he were in a Williams or Hass the last few years and someone else was in the Mercedes how would it have fallen out then? It's a distinct advantage when your car is the fastest in the straights fastest in the corners.

I like that the teams can modify their cars to each track and there is strategy involved, but at the same time it's kind of a letdown when you know before the race even starts that Mercedes or Red Bull will likely have two of the 3 podium spots if not all 3.

VN Store

Back