Formula 1 Thread

Doubt he will as it's just his driving style but Max seriously needs to almost to calm down a bit, he would have had 2nd at worst had he of just held off a little longer on either the Hamilton or Vettel incident. Also great to see Ricardo finally get a win again.

Really glad Riccardio got that win. Also, Verstappen definitely needs to get his head out of his rear.

On an unrelated note, Damon Hill could easily pass for a 90's Ronnie Dunn.

Not sure how many follow endurance racing but Alonso won the season opener WEC race at Spa today for Toyota. I believe he is going to target a full season effort in that series.

Not sure how many follow endurance racing but Alonso won the season opener WEC race at Spa today for Toyota. I believe he is going to target a full season effort in that series.

He is driving full time for both McLaren and Toyota Gazoo Racing. I'm very happy he got the win. And I hope that Spain's upgrades will be beneficial to Alonso. The car is faster than last year, but its not good enough to compete for a podium yet.

Pretty uneventful race outside of the race start. Also especially after that domination I'm afraid after these last 2 races that Lewis is going to start dominating and not sure if it was his fault or not on the wreck but pretty good driving to hold off Vettel by Verstappen there.

Pretty uneventful race outside of the race start. Also especially after that domination I'm afraid after these last 2 races that Lewis is going to start dominating and not sure if it was his fault or not on the wreck but pretty good driving to hold off Vettel by Verstappen there.

Monaco is more about the history and the glitz and glamour than the race. Still mad that Alonso still had an engine issue today.

Watching the Canadian Grand Prix Qualifying, I was thinking about something. I'm a fan of Vandoorne and I have seen plenty of talk on F1 sites and Facebook pages about how he needs to basically "put up or shut up." But I realized in today's qualifying that even though he keeps getting out qualified by Alonso, it's never by much. My point is that if Alonso of all people can't get that much more out of the McLaren, then I'm led to believe the car is just slow and that Vandoorne is doing as well as he possibly can.

I can admit though that Vandoorne is a pretty dreadful starter as it seems like every time the lights go out, he drops 4-5 spots. I can also admit that he isn't anywhere near as aggressive a driver as Alonso.

Last edited:
I think you hit the problem if Vandoorne had better starts and consistently finished closer up to Alonso he would probably wouldn't get as much criticism as half of the races this year Vandoorne finished well below Alonso.

Also watching him try to turn the car around in FP3 was pretty funny to watch.

Last edited:
So what do you think is the problem with McLaren now? Is it Chassis? They have improved at some tracks and then struggled, I don’t know what team is showing up

Well today they had an exhaust problem, McLaren seriously is one of the most unpredictable team. Also only 1 point separating Vettel and Hamilton in the championship standings this year is setting up to be to a really good season.

P4 & P5 what a huge day for them and what an incredible race overall, very happy Verstappen ended up holding on and winning.

I was hoping Max would have tire issues late to secure the win for Ferrari and maybe let Haas steal a podium but it didn't happen.

And yet another points day for Fernando with an absolute dog of a car. I thought these were upgrades not speed breaks

VN Store

Back