RIP Twitter

Perfect analogy:

It might be helpful to recap again here, and use a metaphor. What Musk has done is akin to a normal person agreeing to waive all inspection contingencies in order to buy a house, signing a contract on the house while publicly proclaiming “I’m going to fix this place up from the dump it is now,” then deciding during the closing period that the house is too much of a dump and demanding to be let out of the contract while personally attacking the seller.

Elon Musk doesn't want to buy Twitter anymore, but Twitter should make him pay for it

It ok he’ll “build back bettah”. 😂🤣

Reactions: StarRaider
Twitter is a blight upon the face of the Earth. whether Elon buys it and fixes it up or let’s it rot doesn’t really matter. It just can’t continue in its current form

'Twitter Exec Trashing Free Speech & mocking people with Asperger's': Elon Musk retweets Undercover Vid of Twitter exec saying he can't take Tesla CEO 'seriously' due to his Asperger's diagnosis as he boasts about limiting free speech

A senior Twitter executive has been caught mocking Elon Musk for having Asperger's, in a video where he also hit out at free speech.

Alex Martinez, a lead client partner, was secretly recorded condemning the Tesla billionaire - who could be his next boss - to an undercover reporter at a bar.

He claimed the entrepreneur is 'literally special needs... so I can't even take what you're saying seriously' during the lengthy conversation.

He also slammed Musk's attempts to bring free speech back to the platform as he claimed advertisers were 'freaking out' over what it could mean for the social media giant.

But the 50-year-old billionaire spotted the video online and quickly hit back at Martinez's comments, saying: 'Twitter exec trashing free speech & mocking people with Asperger's.'

The footage comes a day after another unsuspecting employee was duped into revealing what happens at the tech firm.

Senior engineer Siru Murugesan was recorded saying the company culture is extremely far left where workers are 'commie as f***' and they 'hate, hate, hate' Musk's $44 billion takeover.

Musk retweets undercover vid of Twitter exec saying can't take him 'seriously' due to Asperger's | Daily Mail Online

'Twitter Exec Trashing Free Speech & mocking people with Asperger's': Elon Musk retweets Undercover Vid of Twitter exec saying he can't take Tesla CEO 'seriously' due to his Asperger's diagnosis as he boasts about limiting free speech

A senior Twitter executive has been caught mocking Elon Musk for having Asperger's, in a video where he also hit out at free speech.

Alex Martinez, a lead client partner, was secretly recorded condemning the Tesla billionaire - who could be his next boss - to an undercover reporter at a bar.

He claimed the entrepreneur is 'literally special needs... so I can't even take what you're saying seriously' during the lengthy conversation.

He also slammed Musk's attempts to bring free speech back to the platform as he claimed advertisers were 'freaking out' over what it could mean for the social media giant.

But the 50-year-old billionaire spotted the video online and quickly hit back at Martinez's comments, saying: 'Twitter exec trashing free speech & mocking people with Asperger's.'

The footage comes a day after another unsuspecting employee was duped into revealing what happens at the tech firm.

Senior engineer Siru Murugesan was recorded saying the company culture is extremely far left where workers are 'commie as f***' and they 'hate, hate, hate' Musk's $44 billion takeover.

Musk retweets undercover vid of Twitter exec saying can't take him 'seriously' due to Asperger's | Daily Mail Online

Looks like they need to be getting their Peacock resume ready.

Appraisal would have to be a contingency on your offer. An offer is the offer unless you put in the contingency

True. It’s always been in as a contingency on any property I bought. Our attorney has always made it part of the contract we put in. I believe there is a section in KAARs boiler plate contracts that allows buyers to select that contingency as well.

Whatta ya know! The tolerant, completely non-hypocritical left practicing what they preach.

I said nothing about what is commonly done in (i.e., put into) real estate contracts. I was talking about basic rules of contract law. There is no rule of contract law that says a contract is voidable simply because you agreed to pay more for X than X is worth.

Here's my post again, since you appear to struggle with reading.

"So, if you sign a contract to buy a house for X, and it's appraised at X-Y, you can get out of the contract? That's a new rule of contract law I'm not familiar with."
Your mistake is using a real estate contract. Every real estate contract is also pending financing approval if it requires financing. The appraisal is done for the bank. If the property appraises for less and you don't have the cash to offset or aren't willing to have the cash to offset, the contract is void because the bank denied your loan. Is there a day limit on that? Yes. Usually 30. After that, you simply lose your binder.

The appraisal isn't avoidable unless it's all cash. I do recall reading the user issue was mentioned in the deal but I'm not willing to go back and find it. I'll simply wait to see how it plays out.

Twitter is a blight upon the face of the Earth. whether Elon buys it and fixes it up or let’s it rot doesn’t really matter. It just can’t continue in its current form
I’m pulling for the worst possible outcome for Twitter. Total collapse would be perfect. It would also be cool if Tesla went out of existence too. And the funniest thing about that would be the left celebration of the death of both.

I’m pulling for the worst possible outcome for Twitter. Total collapse would be perfect. It would also be cool if Tesla went out of existence too. And the funniest thing about that would be the left celebration of the death of both.
Now I like Tesla. I don’t plan on buying an electric car anytime soon; but I like there to be choices available

Reactions: RikidyBones
Actually it can.
That happens all the time.
This board struggles distinguishing contract terms (what the parties mutually agree to) from general rules of contract law (such as there must be consideration for a contract to be enforceable). Of course a deal can be made contingent on an appraisal being in line with the contract price (that would be a contract term), but, absent such a contract term, you don't, as a matter of contract law, get to walk away from a deal because you agreed to pay too much.

This board struggles distinguishing contract terms (what the parties mutually agree to) from general rules of contract law (such as there must be consideration for a contract to be enforceable). Of course a deal can be made contingent on an appraisal being in line with the contract price (that would be a contract term), but, absent such a contract term, you don't, as a matter of contract law, get to walk away from a deal because you agreed to pay too much.
Ya, but that standard little good faith thing throws a hitch in it.
If Twitter is fraudulent in their good faith statements…..even if Musk skipped due diligence…….then he will walk. Lawyers will make money, but ultimately he will walk.
You speak of contact knowledge on VN but it’s interesting that all the guys who own businesses and regularly deal in contracts see this differently.
I am pulling for it to get ugly, but I also can differentiate between what I want to happen and what I think will happen.

Thought 2, anyone thinking Musk did this without lawyers is a moron

Ya, but that standard little good faith thing throws a hitch in it.
If Twitter is fraudulent in their good faith statements…..even if Musk skipped due diligence…….then he will walk. Lawyers will make money, but ultimately he will walk.
You speak of contact knowledge on VN but it’s interesting that all the guys who own businesses and regularly deal in contracts see this differently.
I am pulling for it to get ugly, but I also can differentiate between what I want to happen and what I think will happen.

Thought 2, anyone thinking Musk did this without lawyers is a moron

Every contract contains an implied duty of good faith and fair dealing. Musk knew about Twitter's very hedged and caveated statement about bots. Despite this, he knowingly waived standard due diligence on the business he was buying. Twitter has not violated that duty.

Musk is either gonna have to go through the deal at an insane premium to Twitter shareholders, pay the break up fee and possible damages if he walks, or try to negotiate some settlement/lower purchase price when Twitter sues for specific performance (which is also a term of the deal).

Every contract contains an implied duty of good faith and fair dealing. Musk knew about Twitter's very hedged and caveated statement about bots. Despite this, he knowingly waived standard due diligence on the business he was buying. Twitter has not violated that duty.

Musk is either gonna have to go through the deal at an insane premium to Twitter shareholders, pay the break up fee and possible damages if he walks, or try to negotiate some settlement/lower purchase price when Twitter sues for specific performance (which is also a term of the deal).

a) neither you nor I know what is true and what isnt
b)we will see
c) your meltdown alone on this has been worth it for me.

Your next post will be an attempt at “I really don’t care that much” but errbody knows the truth.

Reactions: 825VOL

If Twitter submitted fraudulent SEC filings Musk can walk without penalty. In either case he's going to get Twitter at a lower price than his initial offer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/13/elo...ay-from-twitter-deal-by-paying-1-billion.html

A reverse breakup fee paid from a buyer to a target applies when there is an outside reason a deal can’t close, such as regulatory intermediation or third-party financing concerns. A buyer can also walk if there’s fraud, assuming the discovery of incorrect information has a so-called “material adverse effect.” A market dip, like the current sell-off that has caused Twitter to lose more than $9 billion in market cap, wouldn’t count as a valid reason for Musk to cut loose — breakup fee or no breakup fee — according to a senior M&A lawyer familiar with the matter.

Pretty clear you've never bought a home.

VN Store

Back