RIP Twitter

Nothing to see here folks. Just some Columbia Law Corporate Law professor saying Musk is in a real pickle with the Twitter deal.

Schadenfreude is so bad, but feels so good.

Why Elon Musk Is $12 Billion Poorer Wednesday

Keep the dream alive. Meanwhile let's examine the statement from a corporate law professor

According to Columbia Law School professor John Coffee, that may have been premature, as Musk may not have sufficient basis to walk away with a $1 billion termination fee (he cited concerns in his tweet early Friday that Twitter may have understated the 5% of its users that are spam or fake accounts).

“There is a specific enforcement clause and Twitter could seek to enforce it by suing for an injunction (probably in Delaware),” he says. “If Musk did not comply with that injunction, Twitter could seek contempt penalties, which could conceivably include jail until he complied.”

LOL - not a single declarative statement

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Twitter is going to destroy itself , devalue it's stock and Elon is going to be able to walk away unscathed.

The obsession some people have over this Twitter saga is ridiculous. The problem is people are trying to weave the outcome into their preferred political narrative. Most on the right think Musk is some kind of white knight riding in to save the day. While most on the left have turned on Musk and portray him as a villain.

Neither are true. Sit back and enjoy the show.

The obsession some people have over this Twitter saga is ridiculous. The problem is people are trying to weave the outcome into their preferred political narrative. Most on the right think Musk is some kind of white knight riding in to save the day. While most on the left have turned on Musk and portray him as a villain.

Neither are true. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Yep

If the deal doesn't happen it will be far worse for Twitter but the employees got a chance to stick it to Musk, even if they start to get laid off.

Reactions: hog88
I'm getting caught up here, but it's my understanding that musk is legally tied to the deal he agreed to, and cannot put the deal on hold without twitters understanding. Twitter has decided to ignore musks games and go through with the deal anyway as if musks objections don't exist.

that right?

also this... Twitter expands content-moderation rules to cover crises like war and disasters.

I doubt it’s that simple. Legal matters are never black and white…especially when it comes to something lawyers can argue (and bill lots and lots of hours) over.

Reactions: AshG
I doubt it’s that simple. Legal matters are never black and white…especially when it comes to something lawyers can argue (and bill lots and lots of hours) over.
Contract law is pretty simple: what does the contract say?

That’s it almost all of the time.

Not to say there aren’t things lawyers can argue and bill lots of hours over, but who ultimately wins is almost always based on what the contract says.

Reactions: Sandman 423
Pretty much irrelevant to the twatter saga.

I think you misconstrue a lot of disdain for twitter as support for Musk.

I could care less about Musk, but let them fight.

🍿

Potentially drives down value of Tesla. I think if it drops below $700-something/share, Musk has to pony up more collateral for the Twitter acquisition financing.

What I remember of contract law, it was like a whole semester of learning when the parties have successfully contracted, and then a semester reviewing the one way you could get a judge to look beyond what’s on the page and all the ways lawyers had failed at trying to invalidate a contract.

What I remember of contract law, it was like a whole semester of learning when the parties have successfully contracted, and then a semester reviewing the one way you could get a judge to look beyond what’s on the page and all the ways lawyers had failed at trying to invalidate a contract.
What, no memory of the Peerless? The parol evidence rule? Promissory estoppel? Meeting of the minds?

VN Store

Back