Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

He seems to be as well-liked there as he was here. He's already treated legal action against those who call him out, and he's also thrown out the "I make triple anyone's salary on thus board". He claims to be an AU fan, there, while claiming to have been a Tennessee fan, here.

I feel sorry for a person that gets their 'jollies' by trolling people on message boards. How sad is that life for that person.

I feel sorry for a person that gets their 'jollies' by trolling people on message boards. How sad is that life for that person.

I know it can be tempting to respond to them, but the best way is for everyone to put them on ignore or just not respond. They won’t last long and how funny would it be to see 30 straight posts go unanswered. It would totally deflate those people - likely send them into a mild to severe depression. I have several on ignore now and only see some of the responses to them. I have zero regrets for putting them on ignore. :)

Reactions: HeadVol77
Under the heading, "I never played the game but I am a better coach than you."

A fact that I find fascinating and odd. Bruce Pearl and Will Wade have the following in common. Neither played high school are college basketball. Supposedly, Pearl had a football injury and could not play high shool basketball. He was the men's basketball team manager at Boston College.

Wade was a high school team manager and parlayed that into a scholarship as a team manager at Clemson.

Towel anyone?

Reactions: walkenvol
A fact that I find fascinating and odd. Bruce Pearl and Will Wade have the following in common. Neither played high school are college basketball. Supposedly, Pearl had a football injury and could not play high shool basketball. He was the men's basketball team manager at Boston College.
Wade was a high school team manager and parlayed that into a scholarship as a team manager at Clemson.
Towel anyone?
Barnes was a good player at Hickory HS and Lenoir-Rhyne....

Towel anyone?
I have actually always thought it was strange that basketball at the highest level, the NBA, they seem to only hire former players. That really limits the potential pool of candidates available to lead an operation worth hundreds of millions and sometimes billions of dollars.
I always thought they should reach out to Ivy Leaguers and the brightest of the bright to identify potential candidates. Sort of like the moneyball concept for the Oakland A's. I have similar thoughts on the college basketball front. Schools want to hire former college players with millions on the line in revenue etc for the university. I guess it is hard for non players to get their foot in the door and work their way up the ranks but the system seems antiquated to me.

I have actually always thought it was strange that basketball at the highest level, the NBA, they seem to only hire former players. That really limits the potential pool of candidates available to lead an operation worth hundreds of millions and sometimes billions of dollars.
I always thought they should reach out to Ivy Leaguers and the brightest of the bright to identify potential candidates. Sort of like the moneyball concept for the Oakland A's. I have similar thoughts on the college basketball front. Schools want to hire former college players with millions on the line in revenue etc for the university. I guess it is hard for non players to get their foot in the door and work their way up the ranks but the system seems antiquated to me.

I think a fair amount of GMs weren’t players. For instance, the Grizz GM (who has done fantastic)

I think at the pro level it has become a perceived necessity to use former players as coaches, just because of the unique dynamics of having the lowest paid individual telling the highest paid individuals what to do, and trying to hold them accountable for it.

I think a fair amount of GMs weren’t players. For instance, the Grizz GM (who has done fantastic)
I bet Grant Williams ends up in an NBA front office somewhere. He has already been elected as an NBPA VP Executive Committee member. Most of the other guys on that committee are longtime NBA players. For some reason I don't see him as a coach as much as a front office guy.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I bet Grant Williams ends up in an NBA front office somewhere. He has already been elected as an NBPA VP Executive Committee member. Most of the other guys on that committee are longtime NBA players. For some reason I don't see him as a coach as much as a front office guy.
I’m hoping he ends up on Tennessee’s sideline my self.

I think he will definitely be a coach or in front office. I think he will be a coach first before he does that though .

I mean, I hate some of this NIL crap as much as the next guy, but it feels like a REALLY bad idea to hand out retroactive punishments for something that is not technically illegal at this moment in time. How do you punish someone for doing something legal?

Well I guess that’s where the lawsuits will start. I didn’t think they could top “open up NIL without any rules” but they did it.

Well I guess that’s where the lawsuits will start. I didn’t think they could top “open up NIL without any rules” but they did it.

Yeah, this is going to be a mess. Retroactively punishing programs for doing something that essentially was made possible by the NCAA creating this mess initially. It’s not going to sit over well. And, I wonder how this might impact collectives like Spyre.

Yeah, this is going to be a mess. Retroactively punishing programs for doing something that essentially was made possible by the NCAA creating this mess initially. It’s not going to sit over well. And, I wonder how this might impact collectives like Spyre.
Depends on what the ncaa considers “boosters” especially if all alumni are considered boosters…but the NCAA still has no legal precedent in the matter because boosters are not making NIL deals, businesses are.

That's not the full quote... they said Barnes didn't like it, but will play ball. Also said he loves the idea of already established players getting as much money as possible.

Tip: Don't quote random posts lacking context. Listen to the podcast yourself.

Well, spinning bullsh*t narratives by themselves hasn't worked so they gotta do something...lol

VN Store

Back