Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

I stole this from the FF recruiting forum.
That's not the full quote... they said Barnes didn't like it, but will play ball. Also said he loves the idea of already established players getting as much money as possible.

Tip: Don't quote random posts lacking context. Listen to the podcast yourself.

Auburn fans really think that Pearl has more NBA pedigree than Barnes. Barnes just had two players go in the first round last year with likely another top 20 pick this year. Oh and Grant Williams is playing extremely good basketball right now in the PLAYOFFS

Reactions: HeadVol77 and vol94
That's not the full quote... they said Barnes didn't like it, but will play ball. Also said he loves the idea of already established players getting as much money as possible.

Tip: Don't quote random posts lacking context. Listen to the podcast yourself.
On this nah, because I believe it. Barnes is old school.

Auburn fans really think that Pearl has more NBA pedigree than Barnes. Barnes just had two players go in the first round last year with likely another top 20 pick this year. Oh and Grant Williams is playing extremely good basketball right now in the PLAYOFFS
As much **** as Tobias gets for being overpaid, he’s a really nice NBA player also impacting winning deep into the playoffs

Obviously we don't know how Jabari will do in the NBA, but Pearl's best player to succeed in the NBA is who? Tobias Harris? Barnes will always have Aldridge and Durant as feathers in his cap. TJ Ford would have been a star without his terrible neck injury. PJ Tucker and Grant Williams are both major assets on championship level teams. It's not even close.

Obviously we don't know how Jabari will do in the NBA, but Pearl's best player to succeed in the NBA is who? Tobias Harris? Barnes will always have Aldridge and Durant as feathers in his cap. TJ Ford would have been a star without his terrible neck injury. PJ Tucker and Grant Williams are both major assets on championship level teams. It's not even close.
DJ Augestin isn't a slouch in the NBA either

Myles turner and Dj Augustine has also been in the league a long time

If we're being generous we could throw in DJ Augustin and maybe Chris Mihm as well

Yeah, anyone who thinks Pearl has a better NBA pedigree or better ability to get players to the NBA than Barnes is clearly smoking something, uniformed, or a blind homer.

Probably check off all 3 if you're an Auburn fan.

Also, the Auburn boards have a “Auburnbasketballguru”…I guess TBG migrated over there once he got banned lol
He seems to be as well-liked there as he was here. He's already treated legal action against those who call him out, and he's also thrown out the "I make triple anyone's salary on thus board". He claims to be an AU fan, there, while claiming to have been a Tennessee fan, here.

He seems to be as well-liked there as he was here. He's already treated legal action against those who call him out, and he's also thrown out the "I make triple anyone's salary on thus board". He claims to be an AU fan, there, while claiming to have been a Tennessee fan, here.
Part of me thinks someone should go to that board and let them all know we also had to suffer through the Guru. But then I'm like, naa, those fans deserve him.

VN Store

Back