Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

DJ seems like the player that’ll transfer out after his freshman season when he inevitably doesn’t play a lot with who we have in front of him. Seems like a really explosive player though.
Very explosive and you are really speculating there. Kid has been out the Top 100, his whole career, finally jumps to 45 and wants to take some visits, can't blame him, good for him.

Frankie Collins committed to Arizona State

Collins might have been a good get if Tennessee were replete with shooters which, we all know, isn't the case. He just isn't someone who should be the starting PG at Tennessee, and the Vols already have ZZ coming off the bench who seems more complete than Collins so I'm sure there's another option in the portal.

There should be a rule change that makes the act of entering the portal burn up the free transfer even if the player doesn’t leave. The portal is for players who intend to leave. It’s not supposed to be there to help players extort money out of their current school.

They don’t have to enter the portal to demand more money. They can just threaten to enter the portal.

Collins might have been a good get if Tennessee were replete with shooters which, we all know, isn't the case. He just isn't someone who should be the starting PG at Tennessee, and the Vols already have ZZ coming off the bench who seems more complete than Collins so I'm sure there's another option in the portal.
Hope it’s lofton. Sounds like there’s mutual interest

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
So Akawa and Jefferson still coming this weekend BTO? I think Akawa will be the first to commit out of the rest of the guys we are recruiting. I’d have Zeigler host him too.

So say we end up with Phillips, Jefferson, Akawa. How yall feeling

It would be a solid haul, entirely because of Phillips. I still think Jefferson and Akawa are guys that won't make an impact on next year's team, but could potentially be nice pieces for the program down the line.

Phillips and a good portal PG as your impact players for 2022-2023 and that is a 7-8 man rotation that stacks up with the best in the country.

VN Store

Back