Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If New Madrid ever goes off, all of Tennessee will feel it. Yeah, it might take out Memphis, but there'll probably be damage all the way to Knoxville. Last time it went off, it rang church bells in Boston, IIRC.
Touch Neyland stadium and we'll bomb that fault line all to hell.

C'mon, volume stats are just garbage with knowing we play at an absurdly high tempo. We faced almost as many pass attempts as anyone in the country, right there with UGA, Alabama, and OSU. And we only played 13 games. So of course we allowed a high passing YPG.

View attachment 451951

Better measures would be efficiencies.

2021:
YPA allowed 60th
QBR allowed 63rd

Both just above the national median.

And he was working with...
2020:
YPA allowed 110th
QBR allowed 105th

So we jumped ~50 spots in both categories...and without hardly any pass rush. Impressive improvement iyam.
I learned a long time ago that stats without context are almost worthless.

Are all elite soccer players in the premier league? Are there any in the MLS?

None in the MLS. The top 5 leagues in Europe have the best players in the world. English Premier League (England), La Liga (Spain), Bundesliga (Germany), Series A (Italy), and Ligue 1 (France) are the 5 top leagues in Europe.

From everyone I’ve heard it’s pretty great. There are 5,000 parking spots for a 30k seat stadium. Definitely will be ridesharing or shuttling in. Don’t even like soccer but I’d like to go.

Paul Kuharksy said he parked at Fort Negley and walked about a mile and it was easy.

Are all elite soccer players in the premier league? Are there any in the MLS?

MLS is considered the retirement league for the better players in the elite leagues, like the Premier league. They’ll get fat contracts, play a season or two then bow out. Some US men’s players are in it so that’s good. It’s kinda like going to triple A baseball games, it can be fun.

No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation..

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

All they wanted was the coaches involved. Mainly to get Pruitt out.

Eric Gray would have stayed at Tennessee, if Heupel retained Jay Graham..

He refused to retain Graham..

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

Which was lies.. Heupel didn't want any of them, and was forced to hire Garner.
The fans finally ran you off of twitter and you come here preaching cornbreads sorry a** narrative. Go touch grass

I hear what you’re saying but the kid always makes me nervous when he pitches. Do you remember Mark Wohlers closing for the Braves? Same feeling.

I completely remember him! I was at my very 1st Braves game at Fulton County stadium sitting down the 1st baseline. Before the game the pitchers were warming up and Wohlers threw a wild pitch hitting a security guard in the back right in the spine. They wheeled him out on a stretcher! Crazy first game.

Last edited:

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

giphy (9).gif

Shame…… 2 great Americans

Rodgers came into the league as a QB in waiting for Favre. Then Packers try to do the same thing again with Love and he throws a tantrum and creates a ton of off-season drama. That’s without even getting into the other stuff. I can see how he could be incredibly annoying to many.

You’re obviously as ridiculous here as you are on Twitter, so I’ll take this one opportunity to let everyone know you’re an anti Heupel troll who should never be given the time of day.

Aaaaaaand…now you’re on ignore

Just thought I’d let it known that @Volspix has also been caught in the past stalking players on campus and following them back to their dorms.

Strange activity for a guy who has to do the most insane mental gymnastics to spread the narrative that cornbread (a guy who voluntarily started JG for 3 seasons, paid recruits to attend other schools and lost to Georgia State) is somehow better than the guy who won 7 games with a terrible roster in year 1 (should’ve won 10 but was screwed out of 3 by poor officiating) and just had the most players drafted since the 2016 season.

He shouldn’t have a platform to speak to our players, coaches or recruits. Not surprising at all a supposed “Tennessee fan” from Alabama is sticking up for the gump

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back