Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon, volume stats are just garbage with knowing we play at an absurdly high tempo. We faced almost as many pass attempts as anyone in the country, right there with UGA, Alabama, and OSU. And we only played 13 games. So of course we allowed a high passing YPG.

View attachment 451951

Better measures would be efficiencies.

2021:
YPA allowed 60th
QBR allowed 63rd

Both just above the national median.

And he was working with...
2020:
YPA allowed 110th
QBR allowed 105th

So we jumped ~50 spots in both categories...and without hardly any pass rush. Impressive improvement iyam.

I think Martinez is a greater coach but when you are working with two safeties in the Secondary who have absolutely no play making ability what do you expect. I mean Christian Charles was going to take start at Safety and then got injured in his first start.

He's still here, just posts under a different name now. . . @Jackcrevol
thats-funny-impressed.gif

Yeah when Christian Charles got hurt in his first start we were screwed because Tank and Flowers are terrible in the safety spot.
It really doesn't matter what the secondary is doing with ZERO pass rush. That was the most glaring thing to me last season. The Dline performed admirably all things considered, but that has to improve this year.

It really doesn't matter what the secondary is doing with ZERO pass rush. That was the most glaring thing to me last season. The Dline performed admirably all things considered, but that has to improve this year.
Yeah I’ll agree with this, they got better as the year progressed. But definitely need more out of them.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Rumors were he never wanted to leave and was pretty much forced to because of the investigation.

I think we need a running back. We are not deep enough to make it through the season.

No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation..

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

All they wanted was the coaches involved. Mainly to get Pruitt out.

Eric Gray would have stayed at Tennessee, if Heupel retained Jay Graham..

He refused to retain Graham..

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

Which was lies.. Heupel didn't want any of them, and was forced to hire Garner.

No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation..

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

All they wanted was the coaches involved. Mainly to get Pruitt out.

Eric Gray would have stayed at Tennessee, if Heupel retained Jay Graham..

He refused to retain Graham..

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

Which was lies.. Heupel didn't want any of them, and was forced to hire Garner.
You can't seriously believe this.

Last edited:
That right there is flyover country. And Memphis. Silver lining, maybe it nicks the Arkansas stadium 🤔😏

If New Madrid ever goes off, all of Tennessee will feel it. Yeah, it might take out Memphis, but there'll probably be damage all the way to Knoxville. Last time it went off, it rang church bells in Boston, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back