Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carvin gave up 0 sacks last year and Banks was 2nd in the sec in tackles, if they even match their production from last year they would easily be day 2 guys

Having a lot of tackles isn’t the big time stat you think it is for a LB. If it were he would have benn first or second team all SEC. Banks is not a good LB.

Rodgers came into the league as a QB in waiting for Favre. Then Packers try to do the same thing again with Love and he throws a tantrum and creates a ton of off-season drama. That’s without even getting into the other stuff. I can see how he could be incredibly annoying to many.
He doesn’t like that he wasn’t vaccinated and lied about it.🙄

It started west of Nashville, intensified quickly, then tore up Germantown and East Nashville before heading that way and eventually to Cookeville. It was a mean bastard to stay so strong for so long. Basically rode I-40
Yep the cell kept picking up and touching back down all the way down I-40 until obliterating the highway 70 area between Baxter and cookeville. It finally ended rapidly only a mile or less from Tennessee Tech campus. If it hit the highly populated dorms and surrounding apartments at EF4 intensity like it was going, it would have been the deadliest tornado in history.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Dumb take is dumb. Drew Brees was a great QB and is still a great ambassador for New Orleans. Has done more for more people than your pinko ass could ever dream of.
But he said bad things about that qb that got benched for the great Blaine Gabbert.

Yep the cell kept picking up and touching back down all the way down I-40 until obliterating the highway 70 area between Baxter and cookeville. It finally ended rapidly only a mile or less from Tennessee Tech campus. If it hit the highly populated dorms and surrounding apartments at EF4 intensity like it was going, it would have been the deadliest tornado in history.

There was also zero warning until the tornado had already passed Baxter and was nearly in Cookeville. Lives were lost but ultimately it was not as bad as it could have been.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
I went back and did some research to educate myself, and the other folks on here were right, it was the same cell picking up and putting back down like you said. The one that went through Nashville stayed down a while but it went back up and down two more times and the Cookeville one did drop as a 0 and get to a 4 immediately. I always thought it was the same tornado the whole time.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Rodgers came into the league as a QB in waiting for Favre. Then Packers try to do the same thing again with Love and he throws a tantrum and creates a ton of off-season drama. That’s without even getting into the other stuff. I can see how he could be incredibly annoying to many.
He couldn't care less about Love. He threw a tantrum because his management had refused to draft help for him over and over and over.

No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation..

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

All they wanted was the coaches involved. Mainly to get Pruitt out.

Eric Gray would have stayed at Tennessee, if Heupel retained Jay Graham..

He refused to retain Graham..

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

Which was lies.. Heupel didn't want any of them, and was forced to hire Garner.
Geaux Vols said that you use to be normal….. who hurt you?

If New Madrid ever goes off, all of Tennessee will feel it. Yeah, it might take out Memphis, but there'll probably be damage all the way to Knoxville. Last time it went off, it rang church bells in Boston, IIRC.
I read this book in high school. Really enjoyed it then but that was twenty years ago so not sure how well the science still holds up. It's a disaster novel about the New Madrid Fault going off. I just remember it being pretty cool to read a book that was set in places I had been before.
Screenshot_20220501-203111_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: StoVol
I am pretty hyped. Getting Hooker and Tillman back is huge. I think we will be even better on offense, though some of the SEC defenses will start to figure some things out. Have to protect Hooker better and defense has to get off the field on third down. How do you feel about it?
Is Tillman really coming back :D:D:D

Reactions: VOLSONLY
No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation..

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

All they wanted was the coaches involved. Mainly to get Pruitt out.

Eric Gray would have stayed at Tennessee, if Heupel retained Jay Graham..

He refused to retain Graham..

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

Which was lies.. Heupel didn't want any of them, and was forced to hire Garner.

Please provide the proof that Heupel was “forced” to hire one of the best DL coaches in the country.

There was also zero warning until the tornado had already passed Baxter and was nearly in Cookeville. Lives were lost but ultimately it was not as bad as it could have been.
Yep I was in Eastern Cookeville at the time and as we got the warning I peeked my head out the basement and heard the loud mechanical roar and ducked back in immediately. Found out later I heard the rotating cloud heading over the house just a few miles east after it wiped out those poor people. They never had a chance, they were already destroyed before the warning ever got out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back