Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If New Madrid ever goes off, all of Tennessee will feel it. Yeah, it might take out Memphis, but there'll probably be damage all the way to Knoxville. Last time it went off, it rang church bells in Boston, IIRC.
Apart from famously creating Reelfoot Lake, when it went off last time, it also caused violent geysers of sand to erupt across West TN, Eastern Arkansas, and the Missouri Bootheel. It left the scars of these geysers across the region where vertical columns of sand come all the way to the surface and left a "fallout zone" of the sand across the surface in areas. It's really cool to see them up close if you know what you're looking for. The whole region is on top of miles of sand, with silty topsoils overlaying them from river deposits and windblown silt from the plains due to massive sandstorms during the glacial period. But there's some spots where there will be a circle of sand with very little topsoil on the surface and a streak of sandier soil in one direction away from that spot. That's the geyser and the fallout.

I'm prepared for nerd-bashing.

No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation..

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

All they wanted was the coaches involved. Mainly to get Pruitt out.

Eric Gray would have stayed at Tennessee, if Heupel retained Jay Graham..

He refused to retain Graham..

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

Which was lies.. Heupel didn't want any of them, and was forced to hire Garner.
Fulmer assured Steele and Graham would be retained.

Garner wasn't hired until after Heupel was hired. So he couldn't have been "promised to be retained" if he wasn't hired yet in the first place.

Danny White doesn't take me for the type of guy to force a coach he has great report with to hire a specific DL coach. But it wasn't like I was gonna believe anything you said in the first place.

Thank you all for the comments and prayers. After spending most of the day at the ER with Dad. It’s a very enlarged prostate causing his problems, it was causing low urine flow and causing things I don’t think I’ll post about. He has to see a urologist pronto. I know what that means. You guys are the best.

Prayers sent. Can be benign prostatic hypertrophy too. Praying for something easily treatable. 🙏

Apart from famously creating Reelfoot Lake, when it went off last time, it also caused violent geysers of sand to erupt across West TN, Eastern Arkansas, and the Missouri Bootheel. It left the scars of these geysers across the region where vertical columns of sand come all the way to the surface and left a "fallout zone" of the sand across the surface in areas. It's really cool to see them up close if you know what you're looking for. The whole region is on top of miles of sand, with silty topsoils overlaying them from river deposits and windblown silt from the plains due to massive sandstorms during the glacial period. But there's some spots where there will be a circle of sand with very little topsoil on the surface and a streak of sandier soil in one direction away from that spot. That's the geyser and the fallout.

Not from me. Some of the best farmland in the country. Lived in the area for a dozen years. Sandy loam soil for the most part. Corp of Engineers built the irrigation canals to help with the water supply for the agriculture. FWIW - best watermelon I have ever put in my mouth came from the boot heel.

Replaced a piece of door trim that my dog with severe anxiety destroyed hotly after we got him a couple years ago. I just assumed he was going to eat the whole door and was waiting to replace that. My wife is fancying up the laundry so it had to be done.

View attachment 451699

View attachment 451700

Awesome work!
I will make a list for you here at my house. I assume that you are coming here for me to deliver the baby? We already have the live ZVN feed set up…😳

Are all elite soccer players in the premier league? Are there any in the MLS?
There are some in MLS. Typically it's older European and South American players come over here to finish their careers. Mix that with young American and Central American players that sometimes make the jump to European leagues.

But Premier is only English clubs. All the major European countries have their own leagues. Germany is Bundesliga, Italy is Serie A, Spain is La Liga. France is Ligue 1 and has Paris St. Germain, the team with Messi, Neymar, Navas, Mbappe, Di Maria etc. Some very elite players. Ronaldo and Messi used to be in La Liga at Real Madrid and Barcelona. Pulisic started at Dortmund in Bundesliga before moving to Chelsea. Gio Reyna currently plays for them. Weston Mckinnie plays for Juventus in Serie A, Ronaldo also used to play for Juventus. There's the long-winded explanation and examples.

Not from me. Some of the best farmland in the country. Lived in the area for a dozen years. Sandy loam soil for the most part. Corp of Engineers built the irrigation canals to help with the water supply for the agriculture. FWIW - best watermelon I have ever put in my mouth came from the boot heel.
I grew up duck hunting the bootheel from the time I was in elementary school til my junior year at UT. Slowly grew to love that place and learned how to hunt waterfowl there.

I grew up duck hunting the bootheel from the time I was in elementary school til my junior year at UT. Slowly grew to love that place and learned how to hunt waterfowl there.

Flight pattern down from Canada and Illinois into Stuttgart. Know it well. Big Lake/Manila/Monette was our spot. Don't hunt anymore, but still have my old duck call my best friend gave me who had a blind there. Nearly always bagged the limit.

Any other username would definitely get nerd bashed. You owned it from the beginning though.

Like we could take the word of someone named "SoilVol". Eyeroll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back