2023 Recruiting

No it wouldn’t have been Kellie’s fault. It would’ve been understandable had they not stayed because that’s not who originally built the relationship and recruited them.

In my eyes, the coaching change didn’t really matter to TK or Jordan, I’m sure it helped that Kellie seems personable and fun to be coached by, but if the coach was the top priority for them, they would’ve left with Holly, like MiMi. No matter how one slices or dices it, I’ll forever look at both as Holly’s recruits.
We can surmise and analyze all we want but what really matters is they stayed. Not only did they stay but are showing good progress,

We can surmise and analyze all we want but what really matters is they stayed. Not only did they stay but are showing good progress,
Agreed! I hope they take it a step further next season! I can only imagine where we’d be if they had left! Love their loyalty to the program!!!

LadyVols_WBK has the recruiting threads now and is doing a bang up job on 2023. I'm sure 2024 is just around the corner.

LadyVols_WBK has the recruiting threads now and is doing a bang up job on 2023. I'm sure 2024 is just around the corner.

Good work Rickster...
185a7bda-5138-4048-8dda-7de0751f8e6c.png

Alabama has been active in the portal and their core players taking a 5th year won’t be surprised if they have a very good season

I've probably said this too often but Alabama has a really good coach who understands the game and how to play it. There is a reason we've lost to them recently. Just goes to show how a good coach can turnaround a program. Better hope she doesn't get the players.

I've probably said this too often but Alabama has a really good coach who understands the game and how to play it. There is a reason we've lost to them recently. Just goes to show how a good coach can turnaround a program. Better hope she doesn't get the players.

If Alabama is out-recruiting us then we are in serious trouble and have the wrong coach/staff. We lost to bama for years because Warlick didn't know what she was doing, period.

Last edited:
I’m really not sure what y’all see in Kristy Curry. She went to one final four in 2001 with Carolyn’s players and shes done nothing since whether at Tech or Alabama. I mean if 20-14 each season and WNIT appearances are the move, then cool, and if the argument is “well she beat Tennesse 6 times in a row” please spare me.

I really think we are recruiting Angelica Velez
This makes sense for several reasons. First, the LVs will be down to one PG (Brooklynn) and Velez can play the PG position well and she can score. Second, Velez can play the 2 and is scorer. Third, Velez is a very good defender. Fourth, and very important, recruiting Velez might help with recruitment of Del Rosario. Let's get them both.

I actually think Velez is a better player than Del Rosario. She is quick and plays hard the whole game. I saw them play in the state tournament this year. I thought Del Rosario played a little lazy. She drew contact but that was about it. I never saw her get an and one on any shot in the game I saw. However, I am basing this on one game as they eliminated my team. I will say this though, their coach is an A$$. He jawed with our fans the entire game and would point at the scoreboard. After the game, the players blew kisses at our student section. They were definitely a reflection of their POS coach.

VN Store

Back