2023 Recruiting

They're not Harper's recruits and it's silly to suggest that they are. Recruiting and signing a prospect is the big job--takes many months of work--and a lot harder than persuading someone to stay. This isn't a knock on Harper, just a fact. She deserves some credit for persuading them to stay--if in fact they were thinking of leaving, and maybe they weren't--but that doesn't make them her recruits. And this is the big question: Can Harper recruit as the same level as Warlick? For now we know the answer to that question.

How big of a recruit is Pissott? Jackson? For now we do not know Harper's recruiting ceiling. That's a work in progress, turbo. And progress is being made, and that is evident.

So, Jordy, Key and Burrell have had WNBA aspirations from the start, and they trusted Tennessee and Holly to be the ones to develop them to that goal. Then Holly leaves, and a new coach comes in. Some left, which was entirely understandable. You're either comfortable or not with the new coach. But they had to have had the same amount of trust in Harper as they did in Holly to stay. They elected to stay and trust Harper with their future aspirations. Those are three recruiting wins with some big-time players. I didn't say they were Harper's recruits entirely. I said you can give both coaches credit for them being at Tennessee in the aftermath of Hollie's firing. And I stand by that.

LadyVols_WBK list as of 4/8/22
2023 offers so far (w/ESPN National Ranking)
*edited to reflect Sole Williams Commitment

HAVE Visited
Cori Allen (49)
Madison Booker (6)
Chloe Clardy (40)
Olivia McGhee (35)
Jada Harrison
Qadence Samuels - had a home visit as well

HAVE NOT Visited
Mikaylah Williams (1)
Jadyn Donovan (10)
Hawa Doumbouya
S'Mya Nichols (33)
Aalyah Del Rosario (13)
Lenee Beaumont
Alyssa Latham

2023 offers so far (w/ESPN National Ranking)
*edited to reflect Sole Williams Commitment

HAVE Visited
Cori Allen (49)
Madison Booker (6)
Chloe Clardy (40)
Olivia McGhee (35)
Jada Harrison
Qadence Samuels - had a home visit as well

HAVE NOT Visited
Mikaylah Williams (1)
Jadyn Donovan (10)
Hawa Doumbouya
S'Mya Nichols (33)
Aalyah Del Rosario (13)
Lenee Beaumont
Alyssa Latham
I went to all of Chloe’s games in Orange this season! Sis knows the brand is all over the country! 🧡

They're not Harper's recruits and it's silly to suggest that they are. Recruiting and signing a prospect is the big job--takes many months of work--and a lot harder than persuading someone to stay. This isn't a knock on Harper, just a fact. She deserves some credit for persuading them to stay--if in fact they were thinking of leaving, and maybe they weren't--but that doesn't make them her recruits. And this is the big question: Can Harper recruit as the same level as Warlick? For now we know the answer to that question.

Let me ask u this question... I lived in a house few yrs ago. House cost about $250,000...The owner lost the house cause Bank took it from him and I'm crazy loved this house. When I found out I left everything I was doing and pursued the house. The owner told me that Bank is incharge of it. I contacted the bank, filled out paper work and the manager told me that the house is $315,000 I'm like sure I'll pay cash for $300,000... Story short, I bought the house. Compare my story with Kellie... that's not her recruits... Recruits is Recruits no matter where how she found them. Kim won best coach rite for players that was left for her but she recruited them to stay. To make players stay u have to play a big role just like going to a Restaurant to buy food & ordering food is the same.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
How big of a recruit is Pissott? Jackson? For now we do not know Harper's recruiting ceiling. That's a work in progress, turbo. And progress is being made, and that is evident.

So, Jordy, Key and Burrell have had WNBA aspirations from the start, and they trusted Tennessee and Holly to be the ones to develop them to that goal. Then Holly leaves, and a new coach comes in. Some left, which was entirely understandable. You're either comfortable or not with the new coach. But they had to have had the same amount of trust in Harper as they did in Holly to stay. They elected to stay and trust Harper with their future aspirations. Those are three recruiting wins with some big-time players. I didn't say they were Harper's recruits entirely. I said you can give both coaches credit for them being at Tennessee in the aftermath of Hollie's firing. And I stand by that.
PIssott is a baller. Shes long and very skilled. I was not sold on her game until watching her in the All American Game. Yes she didnt play well but i saw her raw talent and potential" she can move and she's a shooter. Tess Darby will lose minutes to her most definitely id be shocked if she did not.

PIssott is a baller. Shes long and very skilled. I was not sold on her game until watching her in the All American Game. Yes she didnt play well but i saw her raw talent and potential" she can move and she's a shooter. Tess Darby will lose minutes to her most definitely id be shocked if she did not.
I was surprised at how tall she was. I can’t wait to see her on the court in Orange!

Let me ask u this question... I lived in a house few yrs ago. House cost about $250,000...The owner lost the house cause Bank took it from him and I'm crazy loved this house. When I found out I left everything I was doing and pursued the house. The owner told me that Bank is incharge of it. I contacted the bank, filled out paper work and the manager told me that the house is $315,000 I'm like sure I'll pay cash for $300,000... Story short, I bought the house. Compare my story with Kellie... that's not her recruits... Recruits is Recruits no matter where how she found them. Kim won best coach rite for players that was left for her but she recruited them to stay. To make players stay u have to play a big role just like going to a Restaurant to buy food & ordering food is the same.

200.gif

I'm not a financial counselor but you might want to consider, if you're ever in this situation again, taking out a loan, making a down payment that will get you a monthly payment you're comfortable with, and invest the rest of your cash. Giving up that much cash as cheap as money was/is to borrow is not the best route IMO.... for what it's worth. You just need some appetite for risk and time, the more the better.

Reactions: sisaq
200.gif

I'm not a financial counselor but you might want to consider, if you're ever in this situation again, taking out a loan, making a down payment that will get you a monthly payment you're comfortable with, and invest the rest of your cash. Giving up that much cash as cheap as money was/is to borrow is not the best route IMO.... for what it's worth. You just need some appetite for risk and time, the more the better.

🙏 🙏

Jordy and Burrell did not look like they were headed for a high WNBA pick until Kellie helped develop them. This is a selling point for Kellie and staff.

Burrell obviously spent considerable time putting in the work to improve. But after Harper became her coach she became a completely different player in that 2nd season under Harper. Huge development. Seeing her this season skews that perspective because she was not the same player as last season. But being picked #9 in the draft shows that WNBA GM's are putting that on not being completely healthy.

I think so, too. I like Tess a lot. She's obviously worked very hard to improve her game, especially defense. She's a deadly 3 point shooter IF she can get open. I have no troubles with her being in a game at all. But Pissott is a taller, longer shooter with a greater range and the size and talent for a post-up game.

Interesting comments from Cora Hall article. I trust Coach Sam. She knows what she is doing. I think they are being very strategic. Just because a kid is a 5 star doesn’t mean they are a good fit for the team. Sounds like we may not be done with our roster yet

“When it comes to balancing recruiting out of the portal versus out of high school, Williams said it’s fluid. The 2021 class had four freshmen along with graduate transfer Alexus Dye. For the class of 2023, Williams said they have a number of players they think they’ll sign out of high school.
“But that could change tomorrow,” Williams said. “I don't think there's any set way of, we’re going in here thinking we're gonna only sign this many players out of the portal, or this many players out of high school, because recruiting is ever-changing, and your needs are constantly changing.”
With two roster spots left, Tennessee may not be done with the portal yet.
“Things are developing ever so fast,” Williams said. “I'm sure the next couple of weeks are gonna be even more exciting.”

Interesting comments from Cora Hall article. I trust Coach Sam. She knows what she is doing. I think they are being very strategic. Just because a kid is a 5 star doesn’t mean they are a good fit for the team. Sounds like we may not be done with our roster yet

“When it comes to balancing recruiting out of the portal versus out of high school, Williams said it’s fluid. The 2021 class had four freshmen along with graduate transfer Alexus Dye. For the class of 2023, Williams said they have a number of players they think they’ll sign out of high school.
“But that could change tomorrow,” Williams said. “I don't think there's any set way of, we’re going in here thinking we're gonna only sign this many players out of the portal, or this many players out of high school, because recruiting is ever-changing, and your needs are constantly changing.”
With two roster spots left, Tennessee may not be done with the portal yet.
“Things are developing ever so fast,” Williams said. “I'm sure the next couple of weeks are gonna be even more exciting.”
Oh👀I’m excited thinking about being excited in a couple of weeks😆

Who is Barker signing with? She was committing and then put it all on hold. Maybe Louisville or Texas A&M with Joni. I think she eliminated SC which was good news. She could still come to Tennessee probably the best decision she would make in her lifetime. Now that would add some excitement if Williams swooped in and Barker signed with Tennessee.

Man, I tried to understand that, I really did.

Who is Barker signing with? She was committing and then put it all on hold. Maybe Louisville or Texas A&M with Joni. I think she eliminated SC which was good news. She could still come to Tennessee probably the best decision she would make in her lifetime. Now that would add some excitement if Williams swooped in and Barker signed with Tennessee.

After having back to back first rounders, the graduate transfers, and justine im already excited 🥳

She isn’t saying yet, but folks on the aTm boards feel confident, and though she did not eliminate SC, I don’t see that. Louisville is mentioned a little, and tbh if she was going to follow Joni I would have expected that move already so it’s impossible to know right now. Great player obviously, any team would be lucky to land her.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back