SECT Game Thread: Lady Vols 74 - Kentucky 83

Honestly you can’t be mad at Key. They have too get her the ball early and in the middle where Key is leveled. This isn’t anything new this team could be so much better if they understood that to open the floor up Key must do her work early to allow the drives and kick outs for mid or long range shots.!!!!
No reason why she didn't rebound and play better defense tonight...It wasn't her scoring we missed, it was rebounding and defense...

Reactions: fifties fan
I’m not doubting your fandom… just saying I don’t know many people who watched them play the last month and half who are genuinely shocked by tonight’s result. Any given night this team and can win, OR lose to an inferior team. I’m not shocked when either happens.
I understand. I still approach every game with high hopes. Want us to return to the glory days of Lady Vols championships.

Reactions: Volstylexx
I said when Horston went down we were done. Look forward to next year. I thought I might have to eat crow on that....but it turns out I don't.

Reactions: Raebo
No reason why she didn't rebound and play better defense tonight...It wasn't her scoring we missed, it was rebounding and defense...
They shot 1/3 of their buckets from 3, 1/3 mid range, and a 1/3 in transition.. very limited defensively she could do. When they did go half court and drive she absolutely impacted shots that let us continually go on runs.

Key is not an offensive threat, and we need to stop pretending she is.

She should be, but she has not progressed to the point where she is.

We were better when Striplin was in.

There are people in this world that refuse to get a grip on reality. Delusion feels better.

Man lady vols need recruits! It’s tough watching us get outmanned year after year. We need star players who can make plays. Guards with quickness and who will defend and actually hit big shots. We look good just missing those kind of players.

Reactions: Clad in Big Orange
self-destruction ---- every time the LVs got close, they immediately started making unforced turnovers --- must be evil gremlins on the court

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back