SECT Game Thread: Lady Vols 74 - Kentucky 83

Reading SC Coach's Bio's tonight to see when Coach Law left Tennessee. She joined the SC staff in 2017. I am not going to research it...life is too short. But I think it's fair to ask/ say SC' s recruiting picked up at that point. Although, Coach Staley had had some success she was not from South Carolina. Coach Law was and knew all the key coaches. She said she left Tennessee to be closer to family. Certainly, a valid reason. However, on her SC Bio, she says she was looking to be closer to family. But she also xays she was proud to work for authentic people at a school that had and administration that truly cared about people.
Coach Warlick and Coach Elzy had agreed to go separate ways in 2016. Coach Elzy didn't believe in casting a wide net and signing the best players. She wanted to target specific players. But we kept coming in second with no plan B.
Seems, Coach Warlick's tenure began to slide in this time frame. Perhaps AD Hart caused some of the downward spiral. Don't know for sure. But the attempt to demolish the Lady Vol Brand was just mean spirited and quite frankly stupid. However, AD Hart seemed to have Coach Warlick's approval. Coach Warlick's go-a-long-to-get-a-long support had to be a problem for her staff.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The one blown call that was so big was a no call when Howard in 3rd drove towards lane pushed Rae down then kicked to Hunt for open 3 which of course in this game she made. Bad No Call. In CHRIST Alone

Glad I wasn't there,,,that zebra would have felt/heard my wrath for the duration

The game thread turns into a Nega fest for some during the game. It’s just a bunch of stupid knee jerk reactions by malcontents with a smidgen of constructive comments by real fans mixed in. The stupid posters often disappear when we win but linger around when we lose just to act out like adolescents. Been that way most of the year.

Just don't want to give them free shots at those in ORANGE. If you let them totally slide, outsiders can not see all the eye rolls and can interpret the lack of response as an acceptance or validation of said analysis.

Reactions: Rickster
Rae is 100% she's just pressing and being stupid with the ball. She moving fine.

And you performed your expert physical when? She may in fact be pressing knowing someone has to try and fill the leadership voids with Green's and Horston's late departures, and may never make up the for the 12 games and those weeks of conditioning she missed. Or are you saying the staff held her out without any real physical impairment?

the negavol troops rally when we lose but are silent when we win. They aren’t true fans

Wish that were so, but in reality every program has fans with a very bad plus/minus score. Typically driven by way over valuing their own intelligence as evidenced with consistent arrays of declarative statements and the absence of LEGITIMATE informational requests and severely lacking in discretion when repetitively pushing their agendas.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
The problem is the many fans do not really understand the full effects of injuries to the success of a team. This is especially true when you lose a player like Horston, or Burrell. We can all say next person up but it is not easy to replace your best players. Injuries affects a team mentality and physically. We had Green go down and Marta never hit the floor. Instead of bad mouthing this team we need to realize that things could have been a lot worse. These ladies did not feel sorry for themselves they got themselves together and competed. I am proud how they have responded and the freshmen have showed some spunk. This team has a bright future.[/QUOTE

our freshman are no longer freshman come tournament time. They had a great showing. We have to be able to depend on them down the stretch. We can make a big run (final four 👀) with the right bracket and if everyone brings it like lady vols of old.

I hope we learned from Kentucky. You have to be able to make outside shots to go far! Tess, Miles, Sarah, Rae, Jordan, all need to shoot lights out from 3 in order for us to go far in NCAA tournament play.

VN Store

Back