Game Thread: (12/8) Lady Vols 53 - (1/1) South Carolina 67

Tennessee has a chance to compete for the SEC Title and make a run in the NCAA tournament. Anything can happen in tournament play.

They have to shoot better from the free throw line. That is one thing they can control..

Not this year. The ceiling is a top 16 seed and make it to the sweet 16.

We can beat USCjr in Nashville. Striplin and Puckett can move them tall girls out with their lower bodies. We have the stronger legs and lower torque positions...

Not this year. The ceiling is a top 16 seed and make it to the sweet 16.

How do you know? Trust me, I know the team has weaknesses. I know they have struggled late in the season. Yet in a few weeks you will see exactly what I mean about anything can happen in tournament play. And I won’t jump to conclusions and put a cap on this team that was playing elite in rebounding & defense with a 18-1 record ranked #4 in the country. We’ll see what happens. Either way, I’ll take this 21-6 team chances today. All they have to do is go 1-0 from here on out game by game..

Sorry guys, but the LVs are as crippled as any team I have ever seen, and this is SC at their best.....Lot of celebrating beating up on a crippled team.

Winning at least a share of the SEC championship was celebration worthy.
Equaling the all time SEC record for double doubles was worth a few yells for Boston.
Watching Henny and Saxton play their last regular season game at CLA no doubt brought some applause.
Lastly the crowd celebrating those two misses from the charity stripe meant a free Chick-fil-A.

I don't mind at all teams playing as hard as they can for a full forty minutes. I don't want our team to stop playing hard for even one minute. We may put in subs but I expect them to play hard as well. The final score does not matter it is play as hard as you can and if you win by thirty or one I don't care. I would never call a team out for running up the score there is no such thing you are just playing as hard as you can not watching the scoreboard.

Tennessee has a chance to compete for the SEC Title and make a run in the NCAA tournament. Anything can happen in tournament play.

They have to shoot better from the free throw line. That is one thing they can control..

The biggest thing that concerns me for what's remaining... I just don't see anyone assuming the on court leadership role.
Hurts, really hurts.

I didn't think she was going to do it. She has been so passive in games recently. She came out strong today and didn't worry about fouls. That is the way she has to defend inside.
She has to worry because if she goes to the bench then our inside defense is nonexistent.

Reactions: Volfan2012
She has to worry because if she goes to the bench then our inside defense is nonexistent.
I know but if you play tentative the results are usually just as bad. We have to get out of this situation by next season. Key deserves some help inside so she can play her game way to often she needed to play defensively and several were losses.

I was always taught that you're never too old to learn something new. For instance, today I learned that South Carolina and Stanford are ranked #1 and #2 in the country because Dawn and Tara are nororiously anti-woke.

Who woulda thunk it? (Well, of course, Stanford should have been obvious...they're so anti-woke, their mascot is a 🌳).

Reactions: Lucy
Yeah that’s not a reality. Key is all we have and dye when focused. Puckett I like but she isn’t there yet.

I like our matchups better against the cockpit than either gaturs or LSU.

Or course, we may first to beat auburn before we tear into delta Dawn.

No moral victories, but several bright spots.

Some good on-court leadership. Saw Tess assertively emphasizing, "We have to MOVE the ball!!!" In a huddle.

Much better protection of the ball. Some errant and forced passes later in the game, but overall much better composure.

Much tougher defense. Just found it hard to contend with all the size of SC.

Better shot selection. Severa shots that rimmed out.

Bench very active. Good minutes f r om Striplin and Wynn.

VN Store

Back