Game Thread: (12/8) Lady Vols 53 - (1/1) South Carolina 67

You are 100% correct and for what it is KJH will have the fans looking over her shoulder saying we need to upgrade and upgrade now. We can`t just keep kicking the can down the road.
No Saunders and others have been given opportunity and not able to do the job. Time to recruit over them if need be. They of course should be given the right to stay and graduate but playing time doesn't look possible going forward.

Tamari might just get he LVs record for blocked shots by the end of the regular season. Great job, Tamari.
I didn't think she was going to do it. She has been so passive in games recently. She came out strong today and didn't worry about fouls. That is the way she has to defend inside.

So lots of fight A+

Smarts B-
Guards D+, simply did not manage the game well, did not shoot smart or well (once again)
Key B- it was tough inside, but I thought she played hard.
Backups to Key F. Is there a lower grade I can give?

Puckett C- needed 6-8 pts from her today and smarter play, got 0 and spotty court presence
Rae B+ played hard, got some points, but at times early on she did the old Rae thing and at times her teammates ignored her (without her touching the ball).
Dye C played hard & had 11 RBs, doesn't know what the basket looks like as she rarely looks at it. 2 of 14 won't cut it.

Darby C played hard, too slow for this game Didn't try a three. Isn't that why she is out there?

Missed Marta, even if slow on D, maybe she gets 8 to 10 pts or some RBs and adds depth

60 to 38... before the game, I was worried that would be the final score
But it was the rebounding edge for SC. It's a strange world we live in.
Tess may have been given the ball 3 times. Walker never passed to Tess. I would give Walker a Rae a D on team play!

I hope people start appreciating Jordan Horston. That kid is special and deserves her flowers now. She came here when this program was falling apart and has brought it back to national prominence. We may not be where we want to be but we sure as heck aren’t where we used to be.

I hope people start appreciating Jordan Horston. That kid is special and deserves her flowers now. She came here when this program was falling apart and has brought it back to national prominence. We may not be where we want to be but we sure as heck aren’t where we used to be.
I've said this so many times. People keep talking about her turnovers, but she makes up for them 100 percent with all she does for the team. Every game she has over or close to a 20 efficiency rating which is the rating of an elite player.

We all realize our talent level is way below theirs right now. With equal talent I think we win today. That is where were going. We beat this same team in Knoxville last season looking forward to that game next season in Knoxville.

Keep in mind that we were missing Horston, Suarez, and Green. As Staley herself said, they were at full strength today. Take out your statistical leader in all main areas, your top reserve off the bench, and a player who started much of last season, and you can easily see how those losses could account for 14 points.

I've said this so many times. People keep talking about her turnovers, but she makes up for them 100 percent with all she does for the team. Every game she has over or close to a 20 efficiency rating which is the rating of an elite player.

The reality is crazy that people didn't think she was elite on this board ... When Dawn said they r practicing as if she was gonna play the coach of the #1 team was game planning for her.

Keep in mind that we were missing Horston, Suarez, and Green. As Staley herself said, they were at full strength today. Take out your statistical leader in all main areas, your top reserve off the bench, and a player who started much of last season, and you can easily see how those losses could account for 14 points.
I just hope this team will come out in these last two home games and give the effort we saw today. We still can get in the top sixteen with those two wins.

Whew I want Rae and Walker to both come back another year… sign Rickea… we win a championship. It’s so sad how injuries have hurt us this season. A full season with a healthy Marta/Keyen/Rae and I have no doubt they’d be undefeated today. None. We still have basketball to play, look for there to be big offensive improvement from Key the remainder of this season and the offseason. They don’t have a choice but to use her right now.

I just hope this team will come out in these last two home games and give the effort we saw today. We still can get in the top sixteen with those two wins.

if they don't think the Hayes sisters want revenge on this team they are sadly mistaken. The Hayes will also have some fans as they are from TN.

This team can still play for a top SEC birth and a top 16 seed . Wins against Ms St and LSU both would mean something.

those and a win in the SEC tourney should give them a pretty good seed.

Said it earlier when she got hurt…. If she’s off we lose, if she’s on others can’t contribute the game is close. Nobody else on the team can beat you or take a game over.

if they don't think the Hayes sisters want revenge on this team they are sadly mistaken. The Hayes will also have some fans as they are from TN.

This team can still play for a top SEC birth and a top 16 seed . Wins against Ms St and LSU both would mean something.

those and a win in the SEC tourney should give them a pretty good seed.
You don't get those first two games at home you probably go out early. Really don't want to play on a team like Indiana, Michigan, Maryland's homecourt. We've been very good at home except the Arkansas game time to get it done in the next two games.

Whew I want Rae and Walker to both come back another year… sign Rickea… we win a championship. It’s so sad how injuries have hurt us this season. A full season with a healthy Marta/Keyen/Rae and I have no doubt they’d be undefeated today. None. We still have basketball to play, look for there to be big offensive improvement from Key the remainder of this season and the offseason. They don’t have a choice but to use her right now.

Sign Rickea would def help but we need another PG and post as well... just give us depth. We have a gunner who has to adjust to the college game coming in and she will shoot. Her defense will be tested but Pissott plays hard.

I have a feeling Kellie knows she needs to upgrades incase things like this happen in the future. Well at least i hope she knows lol

VN Store

Back