Game Thread: (12/8) Lady Vols 53 - (1/1) South Carolina 67

I may have the players mixed up, but wasn't she dismissed because she liked her doobies a little bit too much? Funny how public perception can change so much in 4 short years. In the greater Boston area, you're practically ostracized if you have anything negative to say about marijuana, yet you have players kicked out of programs because they liked to relax with some herbal refreshments. Go figure...

Nothing was ever said publicly but she was dismissed and it was said Holly tried to get her to be able to stay but it didn't work.

I'm not judging her but when there are rules in place you sign up for this and you have to toe the line. Again, i wish they would have worked with her more and say you wanna be here we want you here this is what you have to do. If she then chose to leave nothing else could be done.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Nothing was ever said publicly but she was dismissed and it was said Holly tried to get her to be able to stay but it didn't work.

I'm not judging her but when there are rules in place you sign up for this and you have to toe the line. Again, i wish they would have worked with her more and say you wanna be here we want you here this is what you have to do. If she then chose to leave nothing else could be done.
No, I agree. Rules are rules, whether you like them or not. If you don't like them, then don't expect to stay.

IIRC, there were two incidents. She was warned after the first one, but went ahead and did it again and that's when the school purportedly told her to move on. The specifics of the incident were never disclosed, but it was reported that she was given a chance to correct it, but she didn't.

No, I agree. Rules are rules, whether you like them or not. If you don't like them, then don't expect to stay.

IIRC, there were two incidents. She was warned after the first one, but went ahead and did it again and that's when the school purportedly told her to move on. The specifics of the incident were never disclosed, but it was reported that she was given a chance to correct it, but she didn't.

i don't remember the first incident there very well could have been one...
maybe i slightly remember her sitting out a game or something but i'm not sure

I believe her departure had to do with multiple violation of rules (Rumored to have been due to Mary Jane). I also believe CHW tried to retain her but Athletic Department over-ruled.

Reactions: Amb3096
I don't give a damn about Mulkey at LSU

You should give a damn. Their coach has more titles than yours, and has won it all more recently. Look at what she's already done in just her first year there. LSU will easily be the greatest threat to South Carolina for SEC supremacy in the coming years...

It honestly should be Tennessee & SC battling for the SEC crown each year. I don't give a damn about Mulkey at LSU or that young coach at Florida. Other than a couple loses to Mizzou, Tennessee is the one team who has consistently beaten SC the past few years. Before that we didn't have a prayer of beating the lady vols, & I expect both programs to continue battling for SEC supremacy.
don't react and maybe it will go away

You should give a damn. Their coach has more titles than yours, and has won it all more recently. Look at what she's already done in just her first year there. LSU will easily be the greatest threat to South Carolina for SEC supremacy in the coming years...
This is absolutely true, Darth_Vol, though I hate to admit it. Kellie is a good coach, but she does not have the "X" factor of Mulkey and Staley.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
The speed of the game seems too fast for her at this level and our opponents go right at her. It has happened over and over again since the Keyan Green injury. We have seen her early in games. I guess you can't teach 6-5, but if 6-5 can't move her feet or cut off driving lanes then she becomes the obvious player get to the rim against. I think Striplin would be the better option with a much higher upside and much better mobility.
Unfortunately I believe you are right. She seems
like a lovely young lady but its like minor league
player who just can't make major league play
when called up

This is absolutely true, Darth_Vol, though I hate to admit it. Kellie is a good coach, but she does not have the "X" factor of Mulkey and Staley.
Kim has fifteen years on Kelly and Dawn has 7 ?? It factor might be an age thing ? 🤷‍♂️

When I compare what I thought I knew at 40 v what I learned I don't know at 50 and what I have realized at 60 ,,, Coach K is still a babe in the woods

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Kellie is younger than them, but she certainly has the IT/X factor. She has already won against Muffet, Vic, Gary, and Dawn, and she’s just getting started.

It has already been pointed out that Holly beat those all of those coaches too.
Not positive what your motive is here, to compliment Holly, to say she should still be Coach, or possibly to diminish Kellie’s success? We were talking about Kellie, I’m sure there are other Coaches who have won against those Coaches.

Not positive what your motive is here, to compliment Holly, to say she should still be Coach, or possibly to diminish Kellie’s success? We were talking about Kellie, I’m sure there are other Coaches who have won against those Coaches.
You made the correlation in Kellie have the IT factor with winning against those coaches when there has been fired coaches that won against those coaches. Obviously (at least to me) it's more to it than beating those coaches.

Last edited:
You made the correlation in Kellie have the IT factor with winning against those coaches when there has been fired coaches that won against those coaches. Obviously (at least to me) it's more to it than beating those coaches. than
We can see the improvement in Kellie’s players each year, and of course there are more good Coaches to beat, but winning against those Coaches is a really good start, and I did say, ‘she’s just getting started.’

VN Store

Back