Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Ortiz is voted in the HoF……and Bonds and Clemons are not, again?
WTF???????

Baseball writers are as worthless as ACC officials.
Not going to comment on Ortiz, because I don't know about his potential PED use. Bonds and Clemens have been busted for it. At some point, this may change and they will start to let these dudes in. IMO, this is all the Player's Union's fault for fighting mandatory testing for so long.

You need to go to an Atlanta United game. It’s filled and loud. Truly a lot of fun. I go with friends who don’t even like soccer and they love the games.
Ugh. Nashville SC dude! But yes, I do want to attend a United vs SC game next year. My bucket list is to go to England and catch Tottenham (my team) vs Arsenal and Man U vs Man City game live!

Not going to comment on Ortiz, because I don't know about his potential PED use. Bonds and Clemens have been busted for it. At some point, this may change and they will start to let these dudes in. IMO, this is all the Player's Union's fault for fighting mandatory testing for so long.
Everyone used them besides Griffey lol. Let them in.

Reactions: ACvol3
I'm not sure what point of yours you think I proved. . .

Clock: Why not stop the clock for injuries and such instead of leaving it to the referee's discretion? Then everyone wouldn't be in the dark as to how much time is left in the match.

Fake injuries: Why not give each team a TO per half and allow players to reenter the match once if substituted? Then players wouldn't have to act like they're on death's door to get a breather.

Low Scoring: Why not implement a shot clock (it could be a lengthy one)? That way, a team that scores first can't play keep-away for the rest of the game.

Some simple changes could make the game a lot more enjoyable IMO.
You proved my point because you don’t understand the concepts of the game.

Clock: I actually do agree with you here, so no debate. But your comment of magical timekeeping made me think you referred to the clock going up as opposed to down.

Fake injuries: giving TOs to teams would completely interrupt the flow of the game and potentially damage breakaway opportunities. The strategy in soccer revolves around counter attacks. TOs would destroy that strategy and make, as many sadly claim, an “already boring game” even more boring. As for adding more subs, the whole “one sub per player” rule is what makes the game even more challenging. However, if it’s a serious injury, an already subbed player is allowed to come back on. I also go back to what I said earlier. Unlike other sports, if it becomes excessive the team/player is penalized.

Low Score: 99% of teams that score first don’t play keep away. One of the biggest reasons scores are so low is due to field of play being so large (larger than a football field) and the fact you’re attempting to kick a ball when a 150+ pound person is in your face. A shot clock wouldn’t work in soccer and really isn’t needed. Again, much like baseball and hockey, it’s more about the strategy to win than the scoring.

Honestly, if it were a high volume scoring game, I think more people in the states would enjoy soccer, maybe even more so than football. But I will also add that, as a soccer fan, it is definitely tough to watch on TV as opposed to watching it live.

Reactions: bigorange
So if we want Nico, it's going to cost 2 mil a year. Problem is, Bama, OSU and whoever else will also offer that. So then it boils down to basic recruiting. We could offer him 2 million and not land him. Outrageous
Can you imagine if we had paid Bailey $2M for him to start like 3 games then transfer to UNLV?

What I'm most intrigued/worried by is how much we are going to pay a kid that has done nothing and could absolutely bust and never see the field.

I love the idea of NIL for guys that have earned it. Star players and even fan favorites. But recruits like Salter who never even had a fall camp??

Hopefully there's clauses about behavior and transfering and such.

Can you imagine if we had paid Bailey $2M for him to start like 3 games then transfer to UNLV?

What I'm most intrigued/worried by is how much we are going to pay a kid that has done nothing and could absolutely bust and never see the field.

I love the idea of NIL for guys that have earned it. Star players and even fan favorites. But recruits like Salter who never even had a fall camp??

Hopefully there's clauses about behavior and transfering and such.
It's maddening, isn't it?

The PEDS brush everybody was painted with got way too big when the media ran with it to sensationalize it. Parts of it were innocent, fueled by the owners wanting the offensive explosions and players trying to make a name for themselves. But it got out of hand and it began working against all of them. A lot of substances started out as legal, but became illegal. No, not everybody used them, not even close to the majority of players used illegal substances. That was proven when testing kicked in and caught up with the cheating methods.

HOF - no different than Pete Rose not getting in. Either let them all in despite the cheating and rules violations or keep them all out. I prefer the later.

Ortiz was busted for it too which is why it makes absolutely no sense.

Ugh. Nashville SC dude! But yes, I do want to attend a United vs SC game next year. My bucket list is to go to England and catch Tottenham (my team) vs Arsenal and Man U vs Man City game live!
Let’s go!! When do we leave for London??

You can enjoy the North London Derby and I’ll visit east London and catch a West Ham (my team) game.

you-should-be-ashamed-of-yourself-chloe-decker.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Reactions: drvenner
I don’t get the people outraged regard the NIL money. “It was fun while it lasted?” Everything is ruined?

Are we really going to act like these kids haven’t been getting paid for years?

But now that it’s legal - it’s gonna ruin everything?

Uh… okay
It has always happened, but now it’s not just the “star” players. To me, that’s the difference.

Reactions: ACvol3
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back