Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIL is new and exciting, no doubt about it. But the NCAA should feel a wet slap on the back of their neck for missing out on a ton of money.

Companies like Spyre have figured out how to make "good football" a premium subscription service. $19.51/mo, just like your other monthly services, so you can watch premier football.

Massive amount of recurring, regulated revenue that NCAA could have been right in the middle of. Now a bunch of other guys are gonna get Amazon, Netflix, HBO money because fans love the sport.

Most problematic part about the defense excluding the obvious (lack of talent) was the lack of turnovers forced… that goes to pass rush and back end speed which clearly we didn’t have much of either. If we can force more turnovers that would help even more with offense as well as lower defensive points allowed. Will be interesting to see what we add on the back end of the defense

Reactions: chargervol
Fwiw they have plans, and one company has already tweeted out they're a part of, bringing that number to 100% and the overhead will be covered separately.

All they'd have to do is show their cash inflow and match it to all player deals to an auditor and prove the payments were as shown. Ok, not quite that simple, but it shouldn't be complicated either. And if they decided to be sneaky and pay themselves higher salaries that would end up on their taxes too.

Jmo but the longterm play here is to set up dozens of relationships, of which maybe 10-20% will end up in the NFL and pay off hugely for them.

Fans have spent months complaining to anyone that would hear them about how we are so far behind NIL or not taking it seriously. However, what we are seeing right now is that the UT NIL setup looks to be the best thought-out full picture system than any of the others that we know much about. It is not a "get rich quick scheme" that is being used by other schools that is high risk-high reward.

Thanks again to all the folks who had good Grove Park Inn info and tips to share. The spa was ridiculous. We're still up here, I think we're about to get iced/snowed in. Too bad 😏
Check out White Duck Taco tomorrow. Then go down the road to Hillman Beer. Then come uptown to the Chocolate Lounge for dessert. Then head back and watch a beautiful snow storm.

You either play the game, or you get left behind. Pretty simple. I’m fairly confident this is something most teams are already doing. You don’t have to like it, but many on her have been clamoring for us to do what it takes to win football games. Well, this is what it takes now.
Nah, cheating is gross. I'd rather win 9 games a year than be a slime ball program. But that's just me.

This is all true.

But we were right to cancel Schiano.

Agreed. 100%.

But in hindsight I think he would have been substantially better than Pruitt. But I do not think he would be better than Heupel, because Schiano represents a by-gone football philosophy.

Ultimately in the short term Schiano Sunday did not yield what we hoped for, but sitting here right now with a highly sought after AD and great vibes through the entire athletic department…

Well we aren’t here, now, without Schiano Sunday.

I think that’s a fair concern with any organization you donate to. It’s not my job to convince you because as I don’t work for Spyre…. Yet?

I will say that I know both James and Hunter and have for 7 or so years and have worked with them on projects in the past in my career. I think they’re both great guys…. But you also don’t know me from Adam so I get that doesn’t mean a whole lot coming from me haha

Yeah I definitely don’t trust you. You just seem like you are hiding a second identity behind your billionaire playboy philanthropist lifestyle. I’m on to you, Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back