Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero Tom Foolery. There’s like 10 threads on Volquest explaining this. They’ve done a sit down interview with AP talking through this.

Donations and giving money to the players is absolutely legal. Because you’re part of the 1951 club and your membership gets you items which the proceeds then go to players. Very similar to a merchandise/autograph deal. Very legal.

They’re on record 90% of the donation directly to players, 10% goes to covering operating costs and hard costs.

you have mentioned 3 full time employees, but the NIL arm is just one branch of their business, not their sole source of income.

To say most players have no NIL value is crazy. Look at how many people are on this forum following every single recruitment. There’s absolutely value in every single kid, it just may vary and might be untraditional.
My thing is this..I want to know that this company stays above reproach. I will not give to them until I know they have the discipline and integrity to stay out if the cookie jar.

The love of money is the root of all evil. It will be a huge temptation to have 20-30 million a year flowing through Spyre and someone or someones, not try to get creative and divert more of that into their pockets.

I want to help, but I want the 90% to go to players and not end up with them claiming "overhead" being more than thought it would be and keeping 30% of it because in reality the guys in charge voted to give themselves huge salaries.

I've seen that happen with several "charitable" companies.

Checking in at the end of the week,
seeing we are now on a Westerns debate, mens basketball is still a letdown/under performing/bi-polar team (who will show up this week/game?) in Jan with tons of underdeveloped talent and no one is allowed to point the finger at the head coach, still no new portal pickups, especially on defense, but apparently we are talking to a lot of kids interested but not in the portal, while other teams across the country and in our conference are scooping up the existing portal talent but because we are not, means there is something wrong with the talent in the portal now and that's why we are not going after them, We continue to post stats from this past season to give us the warm and fuzzies, someone posted/reminded us that Heup is not perfect- he originally decided to go with Milton over Hooker that potentially cost us two more W's so let that sink into the orange punch everyone is drinking, and we are waiting to see if Hooker and Tillman are coming back... We will win at least 7-8 games next season. GBO!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We will get our share of defensive players through the portal. There will be plenty of opportunities and players in the next few months.
Only downside is the waiver ends Feb 1st for SEC guys. Still, plenty of good guys outside of the SEC...but would be nice to land some solid SEC level talent on defense if we could...

we scored 34 points. we lost the game due to giving up 27 (!!) pts in the 2nd quarter.

And we should have scored 50+. There's blame to go around of course, but Milton missing throws that were literally wide open by 10+ yards really stung. We could have put Pitt down 21 or 28 early. I'm sure there's stats on how many times teams come back from that kind of deficit. Pitt was not overcoming that kind of lead on the road.

Of course he makes mistakes. He fixed it. Not sure if it cost us a game. I mean, Mehlen made the same mistake.

I'm all for giving him a chance for the next 5 years but your last response sounded like Heup is above criticism. There's plenty to be had for his game management and QB starting decision to begin the year. I didn't see practice but I am stunned that Heup thought he was the best option to win games.

Reactions: volnut1
Tony B saying we don’t have many spots at all for the transfer portal because of scholarship reductions we’re adhering to as well as choosing to prioritize the 2022 freshmen class (20 guys) instead of using some of those spots for portal guys.

Tony B saying we don’t have many spots at all for the transfer portal because of scholarship reductions we’re adhering to as well as choosing to prioritize the 2022 freshmen class (20 guys) instead of using some of those spots for portal guys.
BS. We’re gonna take a few more transfers.

Our defense needs too much help not to take a few more tranfers

Here comes an onslaught of doom and gloom posts about transfer portal crootin.

Checking in at the end of the week,
seeing we are now on a Westerns debate, mens basketball is still a letdown/under performing/bi-polar team (who will show up this week/game?) in Jan with tons of underdeveloped talent and no one is allowed to point the finger at the head coach, still no new portal pickups, especially on defense, but apparently we are talking to a lot of kids interested but not in the portal, while other teams across the country and in our conference are scooping up the existing portal talent but because we are not, means there is something wrong with the talent in the portal now and that's why we are not going after them, We continue to post stats from this past season to give us the warm and fuzzies, someone posted/reminded us that Heup is not perfect- he originally decided to go with Milton over Hooker that potentially cost us two more W's so let that sink into the orange punch everyone is drinking, and we are waiting to see if Hooker and Tillman are coming back... We will win at least 7-8 games next season. GBO!
giphy (1).gif

I'm all for giving him a chance for the next 5 years but your last response sounded like Heup is above criticism. There's plenty to be had for his game management and QB starting decision to begin the year. I didn't see practice but I am stunned that Heup thought he was the best option to win games.
I am not stunned because I don't have all the data. No one is above reproach. You have to look at trends. We don't have enough data to do that yet.

Oh wow...I hate you(jk)..I visited on a cruise two years ago and did my own thing and hopped over to Trunk Bay on St John 🤩 It is now one of my favorite spots on Earth and I am trying to talk my Dad and some friends into going in with me on a rental for a few days on St Thomas or St John..preferably on St John, I love the more laid back vibe and all the NP land and historic spots to explore.
St John is beautiful but pricey. I take the car ferry over there once a month or so. It's like a mini-vacation for St Thomas people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back