2023 Recruiting

When I look at our roster and try to remember the players who ranked way better than they did and passed on Tennessee, I can't for the life of me imagine anyone else doing any better for our program than what OUR girls have done.

No, they may not have come out of high school with all eyes on them as "the next Candace Parker" or "the next Maya Moore" or whatever. But they have done EVERYTHING that has been asked of them, and then some.

Honestly, I completely trust our staff to bring in and develop players who we will all be proud to support, and who will all be proud to be Lady Vols. It doesn't get any better than that for me.

A few of the other schools on Shade's list have reported on their message boards today that their coaches have stopped following Shade on social media. Perhaps she was in contact with some coaches last night or this morning.
I just did the same😊 I just don’t wanna see the husky commitment post that’s imminent

Reactions: mcannon1
Looks like Coach Sam unfollowed her as well. Welp. A little disappointing.

I’m also reallllly excited about the team we have and the run they could put together. There’s a good energy around this program. And yes, we’re not doing so hot on the recruiting trail and have to get elite recruits to get back to competing for ships. Both can be true.

People should also keep in mind that sometimes Dad and Mom have an outsized influence on their child's college choices, and sometimes high school kids aren't anxious to disappoint a parent by going against their wishes.

Thank goodness Kara Lawson had the strength to buck her dad's choice. That took guts because Mr. Lawson was as firm an influence as any parent ever, but still she went against him.

On the other hand, June Holdsclaw told Chamique that she WILL play for Pat Summitt and that she needn't even fight it.

Both worked out. lol

Reactions: travis929
At this point who cares about rankings give me good fundamentally sound players who love Tennessee like Madi Hawk
I agree. Madi may not be a top ranked espn kid right now but she knows basketball period. She is a baller and loves TN she is a kid i see doing whatever coach needs he to do. She is a top 2024 SG ranked by bluestar #13 i want kids that want to be here ..

I know missing out on Shade is not a disaster. There are a lot of other great recruits and we will get our share.
I have to say, however, I thought she would be a great fit at UT. Very surprised we did not make her final list. Will wish her well but will be disappointed if she picks Conn. She does not seem like that sort of kid to me.

Let's see.

We're #5 in the country, #1 SEC, 15-1, Coach of the Week, have had several SEC FOW/POW, see vids of hilarious locker room celebrations.

What else can this team/staff do to convince recruits that Tennessee is a legitimate contender and enjoyable place to play?

That curse the enemy put on us will be broken 🙏 🙏 🙏 Recruits will COME

What else can this team/staff do to convince recruits that Tennessee is a legitimate contender and enjoyable place to play?

Do you really want to know? We should have beaten Michigan in last year's ncaa tournament.

If we advance to final four this year, we'll get recruits. Winning in the big dance changes things.

I don't how the NIL is playing in women's basketball, but some schools are offering players big money in football even guaranteeing an amount to each and everyone. I think if it is not a factor it will become one in the future.

Reactions: sgacock
A few of the other schools on Shade's list have reported on their message boards today that their coaches have stopped following Shade on social media. Perhaps she was in contact with some coaches last night or this morning.
Can you list the schools that have unfollowed her? thanks

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back