2023 Recruiting

Something weird happened with her recruiting cause I have seen numerous times when a player eliminates a school and they don't stop following her for that reason. There has to be more to this our coaches are not petty like that. Coaches just don't drop players on twitter for making a decision. JMO.
Something weird is happening period!! Our power house recruiting team is getting them on campus,but no commits!! We are top 10, great history,great arena..but the deal isnt getting closed. If it's not nil money what is it?? The kids are seeing or hearing something they don't like...

Look, if Shade, or any other recruit wants to play for Uconn, well then, have fun. That is a program on a downward trajectory, while Tenn is moving in the opposite direction, and there will be many recruits more than willing to put on that orange! But as someone else stated, we need to win in the NCAA tourney before they start flocking to us, otherwise it will be more of a gradual climb.

Something weird is happening period!! Our power house recruiting team is getting them on campus,but no commits!! We are top 10, great history,great arena..but the deal isnt getting closed. If it's not nil money what is it?? The kids are seeing or hearing something they don't like...
And it's the same many coaches have been using for years to keep kids away from our program even if they have no interest in the player. Karma comes full circle and its only so long that the negative recruiting antics backfire. We are doing things the right way and I hope we continue to do so.

Us winning and the way our coaches and players are interacting with one another will put to rest a lot of what is being said about our "toxic" environment

And it's the same many coaches have been using for years to keep kids away from our program even if they have no interest in the player. Karma comes full circle and its only so long that the negative recruiting antics backfire. We are doing things the right way and I hope we continue to do so.

Us winning and the way our coaches and players are interacting with one another will put to rest a lot of what is being said about our "toxic" environment
Maybe so, but once the kid gets here, especially with their parents,that "toxic environment" stuff doesn't hold up. It's got to be something else.
We are going to lose these assistant coaches if some of these deals aren't closed. Their reputation is on the line. Kellie really needs to figure it out..

Maybe so, but once the kid gets here, especially with their parents,that "toxic environment" stuff doesn't hold up. It's got to be something else.
We are going to lose these assistant coaches if some of these deals aren't closed. Their reputation is on the line. Kellie really needs to figure it out..
I doubt if we lose the assistant coaches both know what getting us over the top would do to their Resume. Coach Sam didn't leave a Head Coaching job to come here and not prove a point. Neither did coach Joy! I've never known either of them to be quitters.

Players can arrive on campus with their parents and be shown one thing leave and is offered something else that they wasn't initially offered (from the other school) to keep them away. These coaches know what Tennessee being what Tennessee once was in WBB will do to many of their programs, and they will do whatever it takes to ensure we don't return to prominence!

I am thankful for those who come, commit and remain committed (Thank you Justine)! There were a lot of coaches when she started moving up the ranks tried to get her to change her mind and her and her family never wavered and we have a Top 15 recruit (that I promise you if she was headed to UConn she would be a Top 3 recruit).

Kellie is proving that it doesn't matter where you're ranked, she's going to get the best out of you!

The "toxic" environment will run it's course after this year when the last players who were coached by Holly are no longer playing college basketball imo.

These are my thoughts, whether you agree or not, don't matter to me

Do you really want to know? We should have beaten Michigan in last year's ncaa tournament.

If we advance to final four this year, we'll get recruits. Winning in the big dance changes things.

That seems logical on the surface, but how does our losing to a ranked Michigan team explain Top 25 players going to the likes of Miami, Florida State, Soutern Cal, and Clemson?

That seems logical on the surface, but how does our losing to a ranked Michigan team explain Top 25 players going to the likes of Miami, Florida State, Soutern Cal, and Clemson?

You've got a point there. I especially don't understand Oldacre going to Miami. Sigh. We've got to do well in the ncaa tournament to turn things around.

Maybe they got hit with a mustard bottle at the fb game.

I've seen a couple players on our list that aren't ranked very high by Hoopgurlz or at all that look like awesome players. If you look at our team makeup going into next year the major needs in this class are post players and versatile 3-4. Maybe a point guard totally depending on what Walker is going to do. So these are the type players we really need in this class and the ones that will keep us moving upwards. The perimeter is really solid next season with Miles, Puckett, Darby, Wynn, Horston, Pissott, and maybe Walker. That is why I think you get a true five and maybe couple of versatile 3-4 players you have really filled your needs.

I wish we could get Madison Booker she might turn out to be the best player in that class. Love what I see in Samuels and she is not even ranked. Olivia McGhee is another terrific versatile player. I don't know exactly how many strong power fives were in on but we need one to work behind Key next season. Or someone gets in the portal that has more than a year of eligibility. This to me is the most important gap we have to fill.

You've got a point there. I especially don't understand Oldacre going to Miami. Sigh. We've got to do well in the ncaa tournament to turn things around.
It's Miami every recruit isn't going to factor going to the best program.some are going to factor location and Miami has good weather, beaches, night life, trust me that has appeal

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I know missing out on Shade is not a disaster. There are a lot of other great recruits and we will get our share.
I have to say, however, I thought she would be a great fit at UT. Very surprised we did not make her final list. Will wish her well but will be disappointed if she picks Conn. She does not seem like that sort of kid to me.

I agree totally. If she has truly, definitively decided to go elsewhere, I wish her well. But I will share your feeling of disappointment. You said it when you described her as seeming to be a great fit for our program. I think she would love Tennessee and that Tennessee would love her right back.

Regardless, we'll get the players we're supposed to have, and we'll continue to move upward.

Oldacre had relatives in Miami. the big question with her is how she got to Ohio? She didn't give any of those local schools a visit. She reportedly got it down to four schools Tennessee, NC St, Fla St, and Miami. I think it was always going to be Miami since she had relatives there no reason not to take a couple free trips to fill some weekends.

Something weird happened with her recruiting cause I have seen numerous times when a player eliminates a school and they don't stop following her for that reason. There has to be more to this our coaches are not petty like that. Coaches just don't drop players on twitter for making a decision. JMO.
Perhaps, there is nothing "weird" happening with regard to "her [Kellie's] recruiting" because Oldacre also chose Miami over Baylor and Maryland, among others. It could be simply that these recruits' personal preference is the school they ultimately choose. They may believe that they fit in better at their school of choice.

Perhaps, there is nothing "weird" happening with regard to "her [Kellie's] recruiting" because Oldacre also chose Miami over Baylor and Maryland, among others. It could be simply that these recruits' personal preference is the school they ultimately choose. They may believe that they fit in better at their school of choice.
X

Last edited:

VN Store

Back