2023 Recruiting

Well I noticed coaches did not quit following S'myah Smith when she committed to LSU or Hannon when she committed to some small college in California or numerous other players that committed elsewhere. I want to know why we would quit following Shade and she hasn't committed anywhere, Tell me what happened anybody?

Kellie and Joy were still following her on twitter as of 9 am. But I think she has verbaled elsewhere.

We had better be trying to find someone to replace Horston for 2023. Booker would seem to be a more important target than Shade, IMO. We need SEC-type players, and I'm not sure Shade fit that bill.

We had better be trying to find someone to replace Horston for 2023. Booker would seem to be a more important target than Shade, IMO. We need SEC-type players, and I'm not sure Shade fit that bill.
Booker or the three or four players we are recruiting similar are certainly huge for us. Booker is an amazing player. Samuels is very good also. McGhee is awesome. Anyone of those three plus a power five and I feel good going to the 2024 class.

The weird part is that we no longer follow her. Why did we decide to unfollow? Still following Oldacre.
Probably the same reason we are no longer following Cooper. Maybe one day the real reasons will be brought to light, until then we'll just move on to the next person. As I've stated before, some coaches will do whatever it takes to keep players from our program. Those who we still follow went about things the right way, those who we may no longer follow possibly had a suspicious ending.

Probably the same reason we are no longer following Cooper. Maybe one day the real reasons will be brought to light, until then we'll just move on to the next person. As I've stated before, some coaches will do whatever it takes to keep players from our program. Those who we still follow went about things the right way, those who we may no longer follow possibly had a suspicious ending.
Should've checked for myself still following her both Joy and Coach Harper that was just wrong information that they dropped her.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123 and PRG
Not wanting to start a feud with anyone, but I hope we'll be careful and refrain from even insinuating that there might be some funny business going on with any of our recruits. Not only may it be unfairly disparaging other coaches and programs, even worse, we may end up hurting innocent kids who simply made a choice not to our liking. That just makes us look like sore losers and doesn't help with future recruits.

It would be naive to think that some staffs aren't unethical and that some recruits/families don't demand favorable treatment. Having said that, let's wait for real smoke before we holler (or even whisper) "Fire!"

JMI.

Last edited:
Remember that with the transfer portal, signing high school players is just round one in talent acquisition for college sports teams now.

Remember Michelle Marciniak? Even though that was during the old transfer rules, that worked out pretty well for the Lady Vols. Current players Jordan Walker, Keyen Green and Alexsis Dye have been valuable additions to our team as well.

Not wanting to start a feud with anyone, but I hope we'll be careful and refrain from even insinuating that there might be some funny business going on with any of our recruits. Not only may it be unfairly disparaging other coaches and programs, even worse, we may end up hurting innocent kids who simply made a choice not to our liking. That just makes us look like sore losers and doesn't help with future recruits.

It would be naive to think that some staffs aren't unethical and that some recruits/families don't demand favorable treatment. Having said that, let's wait for real smoke before we holler (or even whisper) "Fire!"

JMI.
Coaches are unfairly disparaging our program and have been for years. Whether people want to believe it or not. And I'll leave it at that, anything I say on here I stand behind and don't seek validation from anyone. I'm just glad Kellie refuses to stoop to the level many of these programs are because integrity goes a very long way.

At the end of the day, I want who wants to be a Lady Vol and I trust Kellie and her staff to develop her players and coach the team to get it done like they are showing they can.

Tennessee isn't for everybody.

Maybe so, but once the kid gets here, especially with their parents,that "toxic environment" stuff doesn't hold up. It's got to be something else.
We are going to lose these assistant coaches if some of these deals aren't closed. Their reputation is on the line. Kellie really needs to figure it out..

Seems likely to me that getting back to a Final Four will take care of it. Opposing coaches can point to recent head-scratching losses in the NCAA Tournament and convince kids it'd just be more of the same for them.

Kellie and her staff haven't had time yet to get the program back to the point where that tactic can no longer be used against them, but we're getting there! How this season finishes out, IF the Lady Vols don't suffer a major collapse that reminds people of the "low times," Tennessee could start landing some of these kids.

But right now, while they ARE showing interest, they may also be being convinced by others not to fully trust their talents with us yet. The damage that was done during the low times was severe. I mean, really, really, reaaaaaally bad. It was "butt of jokes" bad. :(

But the good news is winning some big games, climbing the polls and showing player development is the only way to repair the damage, and this season the Lady Vols are getting all those things done. They just need to keep doing it.

I honestly believe our recruiting staff is amazing and could do nothing more than they're already doing. Results on the court. Passing everyone's eye tests. Positive press coverage. Those things are everything right now, and we're making great strides! Hang in there, friends!

Look, if Shade, or any other recruit wants to play for Uconn, well then, have fun. That is a program on a downward trajectory, while Tenn is moving in the opposite direction, and there will be many recruits more than willing to put on that orange! But as someone else stated, we need to win in the NCAA tourney before they start flocking to us, otherwise it will be more of a gradual climb.

4real

Let's see.

We're #5 in the country, #1 SEC, 15-1, Coach of the Week, have had several SEC FOW/POW, see vids of hilarious locker room celebrations.

What else can this team/staff do to convince recruits that Tennessee is a legitimate contender and enjoyable place to play?

A conference championship and/or a deep run in the national tournament.

Look, if Shade, or any other recruit wants to play for Uconn, well then, have fun. That is a program on a downward trajectory

I'd love to hear how they are in a downward trajectory?

Two top five recruits in 2022 and a committment from No. 8 in 2023 with a good chance at the No. 3 and No. 5.

Now, Tennessee is in an upward trajectory for sure. A nice run in the NCAA's will do wonders for their recruiting.

The "toxic" environment will run it's course after this year when the last players who were coached by Holly are no longer playing college basketball imo.

Horston, Burrell, and Key were recruited by Holly. They are the heart and soul of this winning team, and Horston and Key will be back next year to keep the winning going. Please don't wish for the day these players no longer play college basketball.

I'd love to hear how they are in a downward trajectory?

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back