Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but I am not donating anything to NIL. The powers that be have bled the fans dry over many years. Coaches are making $9 million per year. Tickets cost more and more. Just not going to do it, sorry.
I figure its incumbent on powers that drafted this insanity into fruition, haphazardly, to come up with a means to pay these guys. I was for paying players, in a metered common sense approach. The NCAA is so imcompetent, they would eff up toast. leave it to them to just leave it to the wolves. As an organization that is as hellbent on parity as they pretend to be, should have researched and drafted lefislation to create boundaries.

Stupidity.

I am sorry but I am not donating anything to NIL. The powers that be have bled the fans dry over many years. Coaches are making $9 million per year. Tickets cost more and more. Just not going to do it, sorry.
Agree, the fans have been paying for years and got nothing out of it. They should have had this NIL set up once it started.

Reactions: drvenner
Its only fitting that the Titans blows the #1 seed away
shut-up-matt-littlejohn-shut-up-meg.gif

I figure its incumbent on powers that drafted this insanity into fruition, haphazardly, to come up with a means to pay these guys. I was for paying players, in a metered common sense approach. The NCAA is so imcompetent, they would eff up toast. leave it to them to just leave it to the wolves. As an organization that is as hellbent on parity as they pretend to be, should have researched and drafted lefislation to create boundaries.

Stupidity.
The whole idea is that the "schools" will not pay taxes or their players.

Lol. Cold day in hell when I give money under the guise of NIL to pay for some fake contract for players to be at UT.

That's the equivalent of the Titans emailing me and telling me to give them money so they can go get players in free agency. Sorry, that isn't going to happen either.

I have some level of faith for the NCAA or whatever replaces them to fix this. But, if NIL in its final form is just whatever fan base raises the most money over a three year span gets to buy a championship, I'm not going to care. I'll just watch the NFL. They have a salary cap for competitive balance and better players anyway.
1) NFL teams are allowed to pay players. 2) what do you think tickets and $15 beer revenue (shoot, even your TV bill) goes toward? You ARE paying for the players.

And what are university donors doing but giving to support the program and hopefully improve it (with some inventives along the way)? And bagmen? Even more direct. Obviously you don't have to donate any more than you had to donate to bagmen under the old system or donate to the university for better facilities.

But this seems much more direct than facilities and stadium upgrades. Jmo.

Might be a cool trip, but it seems a bit like Dubai - ultra rich peoples' playground. So being a tourist could get pretty expensive. Would be a lot of fun though.

Agree also 2026 is just too close. Maybe if it wasn't coming back so soon.

I’ve never been to Qatar, but been to both of its borders in Dubai and Bahrain. Main reason I say no is because of a really, really long and expensive trip. I also just think if I were to go to a World Cup, outside of a WC in North America, I’d prefer to make that trip to somewhere in Europe.

I'm 100% behind lowering coaching salaries and giving players one.

But that isn't currently allowed. And this isn't the university. Just people running a business, while also trying to up our NiL game.

Would rather be a part of the solution and give, even if just a little. Just imagine if they had buckets at every home game and all 70k+ gave just $5 each. Over 7-8 homegames you're talking $3mm for a serious NiL program underpinning. The power of large numbers is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back