TA&M and Jimbo

That's prob a bunch of bs since the last sentence in the first paragraph is illegal as chit and def wouldn't be in writing in a contract.

Reactions: hog88
That's prob a bunch of bs since the last sentence in the first paragraph is illegal as chit and def wouldn't be in writing in a contract.
Starting with Bear Bryant's stay in College Station until now A&M doesn't care. I will give R.C Slocum credit because he seems to be the only aggy coach in that time period that didn't cheat but the others...

What really sucks for them is to cheat that much and have no titles to show for it. Google most penalized athletic departments and aggy will be very close to the top. Hell, they bought Eric Dickerson a Trans Am which he took to SMU with him. What they gonna do, report him to the NCAA lol?

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It’s crap. Just something someone made up and threw at the wall to see if it would stick. :p:p:p

Starting with Bear Bryant's stay in College Station until now A&M doesn't care. I will give R.C Slocum credit because he seems to be the only aggy coach in that time period that didn't cheat but the others...

What really sucks for them is to cheat that much and have no titles to show for it. Google most penalized athletic departments and aggy will be very close to the top. Hell, they bought Eric Dickerson a Trans Am which he took to SMU with him. What they gonna do, report him to the NCAA lol?
Everybody cheats, at least the top programs. It's human nature. Football is big money. No different than politics

Hopefully A&M will figure out their QB issue in the Spring. They've got three who will compete at that position. It's been rumored that Calzada saw the handwriting on the wall, that he would not have beaten them out for the starting QB position. That said, he's got a lifetime ahead of him to revel in his gutsy performance against Alabama. The kid was all world that night, and his last TD was incredible. I wish him well wherever he goes.

Trans A&M

Reactions: BUBear
Two days ago, I celebrated an anniversary of sorts. 42 years ago I walked the stage of G. Rollie White Coliseum and received my B.S. from Texas A&M. I now live in the Knoxville area, and have ties to the University of Tennessee. Two of my daughters graduated from UTK within the past 2 years. While I'm a diehard Aggie, my second favorite team is the Vols.

Time flies, but one thing for certain that has never changed...the unbridled disgust fans direct toward Texas A&M. Back in the day, it came from the likes of tu, Houston, Baylor, Texas Tech, and others. Now it appears to be coming from all directions.

In College Station there's a saying that holds true, and probably will for years to come..."Outsiders don't understand A&M and Insiders can't explain it." I'll leave it at that, but it is true.

I'm not a native Texan. I moved to College Station after graduating high school in Connecticut. I didn't understand anything about A&M, and quite honestly, I hated my first two years on campus. Over time, I grew to love A&M, and I always will. Again, I can't explain it.

I don't know the mind of Jimbo Fisher, but I'm sure he feels much different today about A&M than when he arrived a few years ago. A&M must be near and dear to him because he just turned down LSU's 15 million...from the same guy that brought him to A&M. A couple of weeks ago, at a press conference he said, and I paraphrase, "We are about to sign the best A&M class ever. I love everything about this place, including my ranch. Why would I go to LSU and complete against these guys?" I suspect the past couple of years in College Station have changed him, kind of like it did me.

Outside of LSU, I hope every athletic director in Division 1 hates Jimbo, and will never give him the time of day. The posters that said he caught lightning in a bottle with JW are correct. But let's face it, there are many coaches that have won a National Title with a top notch QB. Jimbo has never had that at A&M (not an excuse, it just is what it is). And please don't bring up Sumlin's name in comparison. He had Johnny Football and his OC now coaches the Arizona Cardinals. Any of us could have been the HC and done great with that combination.

This year was a disappointment. Two new QB's and the starter breaks his ankle in the second game. I feel badly for Calzada. But he'll go to his grave knowing he beat the number one team in the nation on the strength of his play. I don't understand why everyone makes excuses but this is a fact...Jimbo beat Saban because the team played great and Calzada had a career night.

I'll end with this fact...it took Dabo 9 years to win a NC at Clemson. Things are falling into place nicely in College Station. I can wait this out, and I know other Aggies feel the same.
The outsiders/insiders quote got thrown out to me all the time by an Aggie co-worker. It sounds cultish as hell and does nothing to quell the cult jokes hurled AM’s way. Had a good time out there in 2016 with my coworker and his tailgate group but by far the most odd fanbase and university I’ve ever been around.

O wasn't fired for the off-field stuff though.

Right. :p Technically he was fired for the record, but the admin made the record happen. It really is that simple. Why did they do that, the admin didn't like him.... what was a component of that... off the field Ed.

The admin wanted the cookie monster gone... the cookie monster is gone. It was a plan for about 18 months.

The cookie monster fit in with Louisiana, but the admin doesn't fit in other than with other alien life forms.

Or they get King back from injury, and that LSU qb that transferred in. Plus whatever other recruits.
If King has no lingering affects from his season ending injury then they have a possible star in the making. If he struggles in spring ball then they'll have to start over from square one.

I'm not saying he's a POS. I'm saying that he's a big named coach that has a ceiling. He competed in a weaker conference during a period when the weak conference was at it's weakest point in decades. He took over a storied FLST program in probably the most furtile recruiting grounds in the country at a time when Miami and FL were at a low point and both "lost in the desert". He had some good seasons and some not so good. Planets aligned. He got a "once in 20 years" QB that carried his team to the promise land, a NC game opportunity. But in the SEC, he's going to see week in and week out competition that's well beyond what's he's experienced in the past. Yes. He's been coaching now in the SEC for about 5 years. He's 9-4, 8-5, 9-1, and now 8-5? "Yeah but he beat Saban!" So did Sumlin. So did Chizik. So did Freeze. So did Ogeron. How'd that work out for them? Beating Saban is noteworthy but not a benchmark of "He has arrived". Beating Saban and then dropping an egg against an LSU team so bad they fired their coach mid season and put in an interim coach isn't inspiring. To be honest, beating Saban appears to be the death knell for coaches......beat Saban and you're fired a couple years later.

Boy......this weekend is making me look prophetic..........

A&M will be keeping Jimbo around i believe his buyout was increased to 95 million when he got an extension in 2021

VN Store

Back