Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
00-promo.gif

This is fantastic information. Thank you very much. She has seen an ortho doctor and a neurosurgeon and neither mentioned this option.

Not surprising. Surgeons think that therapy is generic…sad really.

You can get the basics off YouTube. The video will show you how to max it out. Seldom does anyone need that. Stop at the point when the pain decreases. Too far equals more pain not less…

I don't have time to read all comments, but will chime in to agree. There is a whole range of capabilities and intentions of chiropractors, but there are some good ones in the area.

I had back problems for years, until I realized mine were primarily due to sitting all day at my job, and allowing my muscles to get weak. Though I believe in chiropractors more than simply taking medications, the real answer for me was to keep my core muscles in shape. The first trip to the physical therapist was an eye opener, and now I just make sure that I do my regular exercise. Problem solved (until I get busy and forget).

Very common. Glad you figured it out.
Different than an injured disc though.

Just wrapped up post-practice availability with Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel after the Vols practiced in Nashville for the first time for the Music City Bowl. Will have full coverage up shortly but wanted to pass along some quick notes ...
> Said there were a few "flight issues" with players getting to Nashville but otherwise everybody got here without much trouble.
> Nashville is "huge part" of Tennessee's in-state recruiting. Said it's a priority for this staff, and part of the process is building relationships with high-school coaches and former players in this area of the state. Lot of good players in this area and it's "vital" they recruit this area and "do it the right way."
> On the Covid stuff, Heupel said there isn't a specific number that if Tennessee got to that point they wouldn't play. Said the unvaccinated players have "done a great job of taking care of themselves" all season. They'll continue to follow the SEC's testing protocols. Wants players to be smart in how they handle themselves and protect themselves and their families.
> They held Cade Mays out of the padded portion of practice, Heupel said. (We saw him on the bike the brief bit we were there.) Said he's still pushing to play on Thursday. "We'll see where he's at as we get later in the week."
> On Cedric Tillman's return, Heupel said he's a guy that's continued to get better and gain confidence throughout the past year since this staff arrived. "He's got a much higher ceiling than even how he's played at the end of this year." Excited to have him back because he's a mature competitor and is becoming a leader for the receivers. "Huge pickup for us as a program" to get him back next season. Also called him a good example for the rest of the team of the value of sticking with it and just continuing to work even if you don't experience immediate success.
-247_Brown

Very common. Glad you figured it out.
Different than an injured disc though.

I was invited to play Firestone CC about 15 years ago and on number 1 (started back nine), I hit a 3W off the tee and literally locked up my back. How embarrassing and next day looked like some 95 year old lady trying to board the airplane home. First time and last time I saw a chiropractor. I literally could not quickly stand up straight for weeks.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Tidbits from 2 minute drill....

*No covid complications as of now
*If been vaccinated and no symptoms, won't be tested
*Unvaccinated, subject to routine tests regardless of symptoms
*Will test 48hrs before kickoff
*Cade did not practice, did stuff on bike, not closing door for him playing
*WR opening....Kaemen Marley no longer with TN program, academics

So the team as a whole is testing 48 hours before the game?

I don't have time to read all comments, but will chime in to agree. There is a whole range of capabilities and intentions of chiropractors, but there are some good ones in the area.

I had back problems for years, until I realized mine were primarily due to sitting all day at my job, and allowing my muscles to get weak. Though I believe in chiropractors more than simply taking medications, the real answer for me was to keep my core muscles in shape. The first trip to the physical therapist was an eye opener, and now I just make sure that I do my regular exercise. Problem solved (until I get busy and forget).
Squats and deadlifts--with proper form--are wonderful for many back issues.

What was wrong with your back if I might ask?

First, my hips were out alignment. With work in the gardens, golfing, work-outs, etc. as I aged, my sciatic nerve became inflamed with a couple of disc issues. My hammies and calves would get wound tight and finish me off. The last time it happened to me, I literally did the 90 year old grandpa walk from the car to the couch. Did some web searches and saw this method and its success stories from patients. Found a reputable Chiro that did it, made the call and was in for my first treatment the next day. Five treatments/two weeks later I was back to doing 10,000+ steps per day. Cut me loose to golf again after 60 days.

The Chiro started with the activator on the spine and hips, then the legs, then deep massaged the hammy and calf muscles. Got everything back into alignment and took the pressure off the nerves and discs. Had me do exercises and use techniques while in the treatment chair and on a floor mat. Still do several, especially the tail against the baseboard and legs up the wall technique. I added some stuff while down there; like head/neck turns/lifts, crunches, deep breathing techniques, etc. Two birds with one stone stuff.

Last edited:
First, my hips were out alignment. With work in the gardens, golfing, work-outs, etc. as I aged, my sciatic nerve became inflamed with a couple of disc issues. My hammies and calves would get wound tight and finish me off. The last time it happened to me, I literally did the 90 year old grandpa walk from the car to the couch. Did some web searches and saw this method and its success stories from patients. Found a reputable Chiro that did it, made the call and was in for my first treatment the next day. Five treatments/two weeks later I was back to doing 10,000+ steps per day. Cut me loose to golf again after 60 days.

The Chiro started with the activator on the spine and hips, then the legs, then deep massaged the hammy and calf muscles. Got everything back into alignment and took the pressure off the nerves and discs. Had me do exercises and use techniques while in the treatment chair and on a floor mat. Still do several, especially the tail against the baseboard and legs up the wall technique. I added some stuff while down there; like head/neck turns/lifts, crunches, deep breathing techniques, etc. Two birds with one stone stuff.
wouldnt one of those realignment machines do the same? drinks lots of water, get spine realigned, let those muscles relax.

If you can find a chiropractor willing to spend more than 5 minutes with you these days, you are accomplishing something.

An under the radar player I hope gets some snaps vs Purdue is Julian Nixon.

Nixon I think one day will be a match up night mare.

Take that with a grain of salt though because I said the same thing about Jacob Warren three or so years ago. 😬
This is why I want this game to be an early blowout. I want to get the 2022 season going for some of these kids, especially at WR and on defense at each level.

Squats and deadlifts--with proper form--are wonderful for many back issues.

Except very few can maintain the proper form. Without proper form, frequently cause back injuries.

I do high rep, low weight with a vest for squats. Really high reps just body weight will wear you out.

100 reps x 5 sets with a 60 lb vest.
Or 100 reps x 10 sets for bidy weight only.
Great snow ski workout by the way.

Blew out a disc age 29, had nerve saving surgery. Deadlifts are off my menu.

Everyone is different. As you get older, reps with some lower weight is your friend.

My squat routine is basically a HIIT workout too.

Yoga is the absolute best golf workout.. jmo

Except very few can maintain the proper form. Without proper form, frequently cause back injuries.

I do high rep, low weight with a vest for squats. Really high reps just body weight will wear you out.

100 reps x 5 sets with a 60 lb vest.
Or 100 reps x 10 sets for bidy weight only.
Great snow ski workout by the way.

Blew out a disc age 29, had nerve saving surgery. Deadlifts are off my menu.

Everyone is different. As you get older, reps with some lower weight is your friend.

My squat routine is basically a HIIT workout too.
I ruptured a disc doing deadlifts. Had chemonucleolysis procedure years ago and had immediate relief, but I know there is always going to be some pain at times. If I stretch my hamstrings too much too fast the pain returns.

I want to ask for prayer for myself, I’ve got a decision to make. I had a ruptured disc repaired in my lower back about 5 years ago. My back is killing me 24/7 now, I cannot get any relief from the pain. I went to the Dr last Thursday and he’s got me on steroids and muscle relaxers for muscle spasms. He’s scheduling a MRI but the x-Ray showed me all I needed to know. My vertebrae are just about bone to bone. He told me that fusion surgery is just about a thing of the past and now the disc replacement is the thing. Has anyone had this procedure done?
Doc might be able to answer your question but Tiger Woods had the fusion surgery and still managed to swing a golf club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back