Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and that's my suggestion, they should and it shouldve been that way from the beginning.
Man I usually agree with most of your posts.

But saying playing a sport should count as a credit toward higher education is ludicrous to me. That's like saying I should get credit toward a degree in higher education because I worked in my dad's restaurant my whole life. All experience is not considered higher education. It doesn't mean it's not as valuable, but you can't just say all positive experiences in life from which you learned something should count toward a degree in higher education from a college or university. Higher education has already been dumbed down immensely, but this would take it to a whole new level.

You can cancel or "pause" nearly all subs at any point.
But you can't cancel just one channel. Like let's say I'm interested in History channel but have no interest in A&E, I can't just pay for History. I have to pay for A&E and all those other channels. If I wanted ESPN I can't just purchase the ESPN networks. I think you should be able to form your own package and change it, at least on a monthly basis.

Last edited:
HuluTV doesn't even appear to have a Key Plays feature 😑 YTTV apparently spoiled me.

I can't to back to this world of watching sports without key plays! Ain't nobody got time for 4 hour games.
Anyone know good Direct Stream is? My wife likes TCM, so I would lean towards them.

But you can't cancel just one channel. Like let's say I'm interested in History channel but have no interest in A&E, I can't just pay for History. I have to pay for A&E and all those other channels. If I wanted ESPN I can't just purchase the ESPN networks. I think.ypu should be able to form your own package and change it, at least on a monthly basis.
The problem there is the business model. A provider would never know how many subscribers are using History or ESPN or A&E or whatever channel comes out with "the next cool thing" everyone suddenly wants and can't have contracts in place with ALL of them and charge a reasonable rate.

You're asking the provider to contract with everyone but complaining if they don't have what you want at a reasonable rate. It's not doable.

The problem there is the business model. A provider would never know how many subscribers are using History or ESPN or A&E or whatever channel comes out with "the next cool thing" everyone suddenly wants and can't have contracts in place with ALL of them and charge a reasonable rate.

You're asking the provider to contract with everyone but complaining if they don't have what you want at a reasonable rate. It's not doable.
It is doable. It's done all the time with ppv. If a provider has 1 million viewers to a network then they pay x amount per subscriber. It could easily be done. If they did allow for that, you'd see about 1/2 the channels dissappear. I have 200 channels and watch about 10 of them.

Let me know which. I hopped on Hulu real quick, on a 7 day trial. I'm most interested if either Hulu or this Fubo has a similar "Key Plays" feature like YTTV.

Btw...I think it may have been you that asked about the VR nba game. Found out I had to have NBA Pass to watch it 😑

I enjoyed that key plays feature as well. I haven’t dug too far into either one yet but will tonight. Just off of first impressions when I set up the free trials this morning I think I’m going to like FuboTV better, but we will see.

And yeah, that was me. I’m not all that much interested in VR gaming, but I thought the idea of VR Events like sports, concerts, etc was pretty cool and want to try that. Sucks you had to have NBA pass though. I was curious on what type of pay walls they would have for these events and I guess there’s the answer.

It is doable. It's done all the time with ppv. If a provider has 1 million viewers to a network then they pay x amount per subscriber. It could easily be done. If they did allow for that, you'd see about 1/2 the channels dissappear. I have 200 channels and watch about 10 of them.
You don't understand that the content providers, like Disney, bundle the channels for big money.

The folks buying the content, like YTTV or Sling or whoever, can't buy them a la carte and can't make money selling them a la carte.

If you think a business shouldn't be able to bundle items, it happens all the time: want a better radio in your car, it may come with a sunroof and some leather trim...... want more cycles on your washer, it may come with cycles you don't ever use.

This happens because businesses need to do this to justify the cost of having all the options made and provided. It's the same for TV show providers. Disney needs to bundle so the lesser channels are supported by the big earners.

It's also the same with college sports, of course.

Anyone know good Direct Stream is? My wife likes TCM, so I would lean towards them.
I use it now and enjoy it. Its a little more expensive, but being able to have 20 concurrent streams in your home and the 3 additional outside of your area is great. The 20 hours for DVR unless you pay 10 dollars additional for unlimited is annoying though. There are a ton of on demand programming though

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005
You don't understand that the content providers, like Disney, bundle the channels for big money.

The folks buying the content, like YTTV or Sling or whoever, can't buy them a la carte and can't make money selling them a la carte.

If you think a business shouldn't be able to bundle items, it happens all the time: want a better radio in your car, it may come with a sunroof and some leather trim...... want more cycles on your washer, it may come with cycles you don't ever use.

This happens because businesses need to do this to justify the cost of having all the options made and provided. It's the same for TV show providers. Disney needs to bundle so the lesser channels are supported by the big earners.

It's also the same with college sports, of course.
I absolutely understand bundling of products. That doesn't make it right. It rewards mediocrity. If they have to put bad channels with good channels because the bad channels couldn't survive otherwise then maybe you should do something about the bad channels. It may be the way ots done but that doesn't make it good for the consumer.

They are not meaningless..that is a stupid statement.

Was the 85 Sugar Bowl meaningless? Even a relatively minor bowl win like the Outback against Michigan is one of my favorite Vol games.
Miami was in title contention when we beat them.

You're also mistaking entertainment for meaning. Bowl games used to be more entertaining, but unless one of the two teams were in title contention, they meant nothing in the overall big picture.

Prime getting bent over right now lol

Travis Hunter next season:

200w.gif

“For Jackson State, at QB: Travis Hunter, at RB: Travis Hunter, at Tackle: Travis Hunter…”

I absolutely understand bundling of products. That doesn't make it right. It rewards mediocrity. If they have to put bad channels with good channels because the bad channels couldn't survive otherwise then maybe you should do something about the bad channels. It may be the way ots done but that doesn't make it good for the consumer.
The theory says: do something better that the consumer wants and you'll get ridiculously rich and can call the shots. Big business wags the dog after awhile.

I don't care for it as a consumer but I don't want govt telling businesses how to sell their goods.

Reactions: VolByLaw
The theory says: do something better that the consumer wants and you'll get ridiculously rich and can call the shots. Big business wags the dog after awhile.

I don't care for it as a consumer but I don't want govt telling businesses how to sell their goods.
Where did I say anything about government controlling it?

Betty White's sag at this point in her life but at least she wears a bra. You just let yours hang out the bottom of your shirt for all to see. Also, it isn't lust. It's like when you see a really bad car accident and can't look away.
Then why do you drool? And what was this about?

tenor.gif

Yeesh. HuluTV doesn't even let you fast forward commercials from a recorded game without upgrading for another $10...even traditional DVR didn't do this crap. Feels like nickel and diming our way right back to pre-cord cutting days.

YTTV make it happen!

I’m holding tight fulling expecting YTTV to reach an agreement in time for MCB kickoff. The greediness is absolute nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back