Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t even know if I want Tank at Star…. We need someone more versatile to fill Theo’s shoes. I could easily see it being Turnage.
I'm still trying to figure out how he went from SEC DPOTW, to never being seen again basically. If I had one question of Heupel or Banks, it would be that. What happened there?

Reactions: Jimmy Football
You missed a few that I thought were interesting:

“Maybe. Depends on how many Fuel Points they would get for their purchase.”

- Hubbs

“They found out they finished sixth for Christian Harrison.”

- AP

“Zero. Every single QB transfer is going to Ole Miss.”

- Hubbs
These are the nugz I come here for

I'm not saying you're pushing players anywhere; I don't know that to be true or false, but, how many NPA players are looking at Tennessee in this year's class? Any? I'm also curious, who are the 9 players listed on the UT roster, and which coach did they commit to? I understand that UT has been a mess, and that recruits see that. I'm not arguing that fact. I also understand other schools have been a mess.

Stoops is lying to Destin to get him, and you and I both know that. He's not a QB. I understand why some coaches do that, but if you're advising these kids, I'm not suggesting you push them toward one school or another, but I am suggesting you be honest enough with them to tell them that their futures are at other positions.

Lastly, I think you get a lot of unfair name-calling and vitriol on this board, but I also think you instigate sometimes by continuing to talk about the past and how bad we've been. This is now, and Heupel and staff did pretty damn good this year. I would hope kids like the Wade twins and others would take notice of that. I think Tennessee is on the verge of something special.

Sometimes, these kids need a dose of reality rather than the fantasies, dreams, and utter BS that some coaches feed them.

I used to have zero opinion on the handling or this subject, period.
Coming back this year and reading details (from him) on which past kid got paid and exactly how much.. or what each parent received..?

Okay, it's possible all those kids or staff members just happened to volunteer private info, to a completely up & up organization with absolutely no involvement.. and for no apparent reason.
And that the only TN coaches he praised, were the ones fired for paying players, is all simply a coincidence.

Hell, let's just say it was all coincidence, why not. But how tf does someone act mad when they're the one laying out all the evidence themselves and act surprised when people draw the conclusion you lead them to draw?
It'd be like me giving very personal, UNRELEASED details on a crime and acting mad that people assume I, or someone I know, was involved??
Good grief.

Theo came back. You aren’t going to play Turnage over Theo. Theo had a concussion from the previous week.
I agree, but I also disagree. No, don't see how he plays over Theo; but, he's better than Theo, much better, actually, imo. That's NOTHING against Theo, he had one hell of a season; but, surprised we didn't see Turnage more, regardless of position...kid can player CB, too. He's just way more athletic, quicker and faster than Theo.

Again, nothing against Theo, he's been a great VFL, and has had a great season...Turnage is just on a whole other level, I believe. Can't wait till next year!!

I used to have zero opinion on the handling or this subject, period.
Coming back this year and reading details (from him) on which past kid got paid and exactly how much.. or what each parent received..?

Okay, it's possible all those kids or staff members just happened to volunteer private info, to a completely up & up organization with absolutely no involvement.. and for no apparent reason.
And that the only TN coaches he praised, were the ones fired for paying players, is all simply a coincidence.

Hell, let's just say it was all coincidence, why not. But how tf does someone act mad when they're the one laying out all the evidence themselves and act surprised when people draw the conclusion you lead them to draw?
It'd be like me giving very personal, UNRELEASED details on a crime and acting mad that people assume I, or someone I know, was involved??
Good grief.
isnt that textbook narcissism? create a problem, then, magically become the one sole fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back