Brian Kelly to LSU

I honestly don't know what LSU is thinking. Yeah he's a big name but he doesn't strike me as someone that can handle the pressure he's going to be under there. We shall see.

I honestly would rather have Napier. I respect Kelly and he's proven so don't misunderstand.

But, I think the man and the state don't fit and the age doesn't work for me either.
yeah, must have been some underlying forces for him take the deal. To me, feels like the optics of Mullen when UF hired him. Checked all the boxes, but something just didn't completely feel like it was a good fit... He's one of handful of coaches who commands attention.

The next TV contract is apparently going to be massive if LSU is going to pay 15 million per season. But I'd be surprised if Kelly doesn't win the NC there. He'll be the 2nd best coach behind Saban in the West, especially as Jimbo looks more and more like a one hit wonder.

Reactions: njvols
I guess coaches now feel if players can make money they should make even more.

With the lunacy of these new coaching salaries things could get out of hand quickly.

Maybe crazy, but Michigan has love/hate deal w/ Harbaugh...maybe diff after last week but he'd be a high profile guy for ND.

Apparently there's real talk about moving Marcus Freeman from DC to HC. He will likely coach the bowl/playoff if ND makes it. Their defense has been great and he's a great recruiter. Oklahoma and Ohio State elevated coordinators on their last hire. So if wouldn't be unheard of for them.

He hit his ceiling at ND, won like one game against a top 10 team (last year, Clemson without Lawrence), got waterboarded in every other big game, never even came close. Has a reputation as a less than energetic recruiter.

I give him credit, he pulled a fast one here. Four years tops, three if he lives up to his big game history.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The next TV contract is apparently going to be massive if LSU is going to pay 15 million per season. But I'd be surprised if Kelly doesn't win the NC there. He'll be the 2nd best coach behind Saban in the West, especially as Jimbo looks more and more like a one hit wonder.
I actually hope he's WILDLY successful (except against UT)...Jimbo beat Saban...a first year Auburn coach should have beaten Saban. UGA will beat Bama and probably miss the playoffs. Need Kelley to come in and thrive, so Saban will finally retire. This is not so unlike SEC basketball...SEC used to be only Kentucky...now, because of good hires in bball, you've got UT, ARK, LSU, Bama, Aub, UF also who can compete pretty regularly head to head w/ KY.

I didn't see this one coming.

I really thought Aranda had it locked up. Now we OK and ND with vacancies to name a few.

Kelly to LSU would be quite the grab.
Not sure though if the administration and fans there are patient enough though.

I mean they just ran a guy off that is 2 years removed from a NATIONAL title.
Kelly with all the resources and ties that ND has only sniffed the playoffs once in how many years???...not sure the Bayou folk are that patient.
He’s been in the playoffs 2x, is on the cusp this year and played for another title in 2012. Less than a handful of schools have had more shots at a title than ND has over the last 10 years.

Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back