Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

Who cares?

Just put a good effort on the field. If the black unis make the players feel good, I don't care. Just try to make our score bigger than their score.
In theory.....you are 100% correct.

With that being said, Have you seen how excited and hyped-up the players get when they wear something different? Check out some of the videos from the locker rooms when they see the new sh!+ in their locker. It matters to them.

Reactions: luthervol
I understand there are many on here who are all about the tradition, but really, the guys on the field are the ones putting in the sweat, enduring the sore muscles, the injuries, so I think they should be the ones making the choice for uniform colors. And no, I'm not some young'un, unless you consider 68 young.

Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx
Technically black is the abscence of all color so the way I see it, anybody can use black to augment/enhance their uniforms. It applies to any uniform color scheme.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Have they ever Worn all Orange? I can remember?
1977 vs Vandy was the first time UT wore Orange on Orange

default.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
Black helmets as well ?!
I'd love to see black helmets with orange facemasks, but even if it's the white helmets, if the kids get pumped wearing it, I'm all for it. Anything that gives this bunch energy/juice works for me. We'll need every ounce we can get from wherever we can get it against the mutts.

One of my favorites from way back when:
1636673145626.png
And yeah, it had the orange stripes on the pants:
1636673215307.png

I’ll admit I’m OLD SCHOOL but do like some of the new color schemes. Personally I hate watching games with alternate uniforms and trying to figure out or remember if that’s US or THEM😆 … I also think all BLACK is going to be harder to SEE right ? I guess if that means them missing tackles, great. But I’d hate to know that we missed a big play because the QB didn’t “see” him open … I get that it’s the players that PLAY the game and maybe they get UP for a special uniform. Their “choice”, maybe. BUT the fans pay for the tickets and are the consumers, so it also makes sense to keep the fans in the equation as well. ( and I’ll take the win this weekend regardless of the uni, except maybe an all PINK color ) … 👍🏻

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don't care what they wear cause i know they gonna give their all for Tennessee and for each other. I'm just glad that UT football is fun to watch again and i think we have a bright future ahead of us.

Reactions: AdoptedVOL
In theory.....you are 100% correct.

With that being said, Have you seen how excited and hyped-up the players get when they wear something different? Check out some of the videos from the locker rooms when they see the new sh!+ in their locker. It matters to them.
We are saying the same thing. If the players like them and somehow that makes them wanna play harder, I’m all for it. I personally like the black unis, but I’m saying they can be purple for all I care as long as they play hard.

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back