Uniforms - Back in Black (merged)

I for one love it. I think it shows the players and recruits that we are willing to change it up and do anything that gets the kids excited. I kind of hate all this super traditional BS. I guarantee you if you polled the kids on this team (and the recruits)…the black jerseys and continually swapping things up would win by a landslide. You aren’t going to hear a lot of recruits ever even say the word tradition. They don’t care

So, today on the Vol Quest podcast, I'm fairly certain I heard Austin Price correctly that they are wearing the black uniforms on Saturday.

Thoughts?

Personally, I would rather go creamsicle, because so many already hate orange pants, rather than potentially leave a sour taste in the mouths of the fanbase if Georgia wins like Vegas anticipates. 2017 Smokey Gray's against Georgia was certainly, ummm, great. 41-0.

I know, I know, WGWTFA...but I am very torn on the potential for an alternate uniform.

Please enlighten me with your thoughts.
No true Vol fan would ever use the term creamsicle.

Reactions: FïreBall
I wanna see camo with orange trim and flat black helmets sometime to tie in with Veterans Day.

I think they could make that look good.

Why do grown men care so much about our uniforms? None of you are on the team. I'm sure the players don't care what you old men do or don't like.

I'm sure if they dont wear black they would lose 50 % of potential recruits. :rolleyes:
If you don’t think uniforms mean anything to recruits these days then you’re delusional, unless your bama and just pumping out championships.

Noticed the people saying "who cares that they're in black" were the same ones who whined about wearing the orange pants in Lexington. Not sure why those that claim to bleed orange want it diminished so much and so often, but here we are.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Why do we do gimmicks every year for traditional big games ie Florida/Georgia? They don’t do gimmicks when they play us.

Why does it have to be a gimmick? It’s just a uniform. It’s not a gimmick. Some of you all just like to complain for the sake of complaining. How many times have you watched us wear traditional uniforms?

It’s wild that some of you all are so against switching things up every now and then. This is stuff the student athletes love, too. It gets them jazzed to do something different, and if this is what they want I see no harm.

(also UGA has definitely worn black before when playing us so your comment is just wrong)

VN Store

Back