2022 Recruits

Holly recruited Rae, Key, and Horton. Kellie lost Collins, Westbrook, and Green, and Middleton was on way out, then Salery left too, and whoever else might have signed. Face it, recruiting Kellie is a solid D-. As for whom Holly was recruiting, well, I imagine her sights and her hall would be way higher than what Kelly has brought it into years, but I do hope Kelly can turn the pages Good thing she got rid of the division two basketball assistant coaches she's beought, and finally realized she needed to bring an A game talent. This should have never happened in the first place You don't bring minor league coaches, to recruit for the big leagues, they don't know what they're doing, they don't have the contacts, that was a dumb idea first year dumb idea, first strike, strike two was last year, let's see what she strikes out this year with
salery said not my choice to leave. and green was to told to leave too i think. salery was part kelly first class of three recuits

Last edited:
Interesting.
On one hand we have "today is signing day" which points to a high school recruit vs. "Understands what kind of impact she could have immediately " which, to me, points in the direction of a transfer. Though that could mean an immediate impact next year.
Or Shavers, who just entered the transfer portal from MSST and had Tennessee as one of her finalists.

Reactions: volnationnj
in the 23/24 season, Key, Saunders, Horston, and Rennie are eligible for 5th year due to Covid. Odds are, some will take advantage and some won't. I could make a case for each of them staying and a case for each of them leaving after 4. The point is, we don't have any way of knowing now for sure, and so drawing lines in the sand about the 23 recruiting class isn't productive, imho.

I had wished that Davis Kasi would've taken that 5th yr. We would've been 16 in Roster and that could help them especially Kasi. Rae should take 5th especially lots of good players will be going into draft from juniors and Uconn players might have some leaving early seems their player of the yr last yr expressed interest to head to wnba as freshman.

all this is conversation...Coach K has arguably the deepest team she's had.
It is year 3... a perfect time for the fans to see the direction of this team
this team can win...tall, athletic, deep, vets,

nuff said
Let's hoop

I wouldn't count 3yrs for her since she actually coach 2yrs.. I think she did well compared her and 7yrs plus yr Holly coached and recruited top players. If Kellie can get players close to wat Holly recruited she'll be in final 4.

I had wished that Davis Kasi would've taken that 5th yr. We would've been 16 in Roster and that could help them especially Kasi. Rae should take 5th especially lots of good players will be going into draft from juniors and Uconn players might have some leaving early seems their player of the yr last yr expressed interest to head to wnba as freshman.
There was no reason for Davis to take a 5th year. She was a lock for 1st round WNBA draft pick. Unless something weird happens, the same will be true for Burrell. Kasi left with two degrees, and I'm sure she was ready to start her career. Sure, would be nice for the team, but frankly they'd be dumb to put that ahead of their own careers.

I'd be interested to see where you got that info. The one about their "player of the year" expressing interest in going to the wnba early.
Or is this another, in a very long line, of delusional posts you seem to pull out of thin air ?

SC didn't have depth last year, especially for Boston and Henderson. Having the luxury of bringing Cardosa off the bench and not having any significant dropoff is huge. Raven wasn't much of a contributor tonight, but she'll get better as the year goes on and Dawn will be able to keep Boston and Henderson fresh for the closeouts.
They are definitely better this season except still suspect from the three point line. If you have a big that can slow down Boston and defensively effective playing a zone you could possibly upset them. I think they will lose a few games they have to or UConn does as looks like they are playing twice this season. I don't think they will lose any games at home this season.

I wouldn't count 3yrs for her since she actually coach 2yrs.. I think she did well compared her and 7yrs plus yr Holly coached and recruited top players. If Kellie can get players close to wat Holly recruited she'll be in final 4.
Lol.
Yes, she has coached 2 years.
So, this is year 3. Just as Coach J said in his post.

There was no reason for Davis to take a 5th year. She was a lock for 1st round WNBA draft pick. Unless something weird happens, the same will be true for Burrell. Kasi left with two degrees, and I'm sure she was ready to start her career. Sure, would be nice for the team, but frankly they'd be dumb to put that ahead of their own careers.
No reason for Burrell to take a fifth year either she is going to be a high draft choice if she has a similar season to last year. Kashi ended up better as well playing with a foreign team.

They are definitely better this season except still suspect from the three point line. If you have a big that can slow down Boston and defensively effective playing a zone you could possibly upset them. I think they will lose a few games they have to or UConn does as looks like they are playing twice this season. I don't think they will lose any games at home this season.

That's pretty much the recipe for how NC State beat them last year. Even though Cooke and Henderson are both excellent 3-point shooters, they didn't need to be hitting the deep ball because they were scoring in other ways. Last year's game, both of them shot horribly from all over the court and NC State was able to bottle up Boston without having one of the SC perimeter players torch them.

If Beal is a more confident 3-point shooter and overall looks for her shot more and the two starting guards play their normal games, they will be tough...unless someone does the Tennessee trick from last year and just outplays them with two superb individual efforts no matter how well SC plays on offense.

Holly recruited Rae, Key, and Horton. Kellie lost Collins, Westbrook, and Green, and Middleton was on way out, then Salery left too, and whoever else might have signed. Face it, recruiting Kellie is a solid D-. As for whom Holly was recruiting, well, I imagine her sights and her hall would be way higher than what Kelly has brought it into years, but I do hope Kelly can turn the pages Good thing she got rid of the division two basketball assistant coaches she's beought, and finally realized she needed to bring an A game talent. This should have never happened in the first place You don't bring minor league coaches, to recruit for the big leagues, they don't know what they're doing, they don't have the contacts, that was a dumb idea first year dumb idea, first strike, strike two was last year, let's see what she strikes out this year with

Boy …. What a crock ! Kellie’s first year was coming into a Holly exodus that was many years late ! Holly broke every record that poor coaching could have accomplished! She was the first coach to break more negative records that never had been achieved at Tennessee ! But she did get some ranked players ! But achievements were minuscule……

When a new coach is hired . EVERY PLAYER CAN LEAVE IF THEY WANT …..Kellie didn’t lose anyone but kept the majority of the team! As you stated , E was gone before her famous last game locker rooms statement! Mimi had already stated that she would leave if Holly got fired ! All of the other players had to be RECRUITED AGAIN ! Holly did not leave Kellie anyone ! It was up to Kellie to convince players to stay with her ….. Rennia could have easily left for a more prominent program but stayed …. Rae was a complete bull in a China shop under Holly, but last year starting to blossom into a good player under Kellie … Green and Salary were kicked out of school ! Yeah right …. Kellie should have stopped that ? Need I remind you that Rae was ranked #43 and Key #47….both will go professional and I am sure their acceptance speech will be thankful to Holly …. Horston is a athlete first and a basketball player second ! I don’t think you will understand this but she will become a basketball player probably this year and you will see the coaching taking over her game ! How about recruiting in a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC WHERE YOU CANNOT MEET FACE TO FACE WITH A RECRUIT ! Yet Kellie came up with a top 9—15 ranked class ? How’s that for getting things done ! Today is signing day for 2022…. A top recruit headed our way ! Will she be a top 10 ? You and Darth should get your information approved before you start spewing falsehoods ! JMO

Just to clarify. You think TN should be in the exact same conversation as SC, UConn, and Stanford in terms of winning a National Title? You think we are at the same exact level as all three of those teams?
I’m saying that teams in the top 15 will be competitive, including the Lady Vols. If you think you already know who will win a game, why play it? There are MANY variables and circumstances that dictate wins. Play a game more than once, and the results will most likely be different. (See Josh Heupel’s presser comments from earlier this week).

VN Store

Back