2022 Recruits

We have to fill it out but Key, Horston, Puckett, Wynn, MIles, Striplin, Pissott, Darby, Rennie, Saunders, and Suarez if able are sure returnees next season. You would hope to add a center forward like Jannson and also another elite player experienced transfer player and you again have a very solid team. Players get a lot better freshman to sophomore so you would expect at least a couple of this years freshman being ready to start and the others playing more key minutes. Don't know what Justine will do know she will at least be a top sub off the bench may even be good enough to start as a freshman.

My guess,and it's only a guess, is they are seeing something they don't like. Maybe the staff needs to reevaluate what their doing during the prospects visit.

There's nothing they're doing wrong. Recruiting is once one commit the rest will start showing up. The problem Holly created is killing it because she recruited well and nothing happed so Recruits wana see Kellie prove that she can coach for them to come.

I think Kellie wants to recruit three point shooting, SIZE and physicality. The beating we took at the hands of Michigan in the tournament left an impression on her. Look at the size and physicality of Puckett, Striplin, etc. Pissott has the size and three point shooting but is not a physcial player yet. If she has enought speed to balance (Miles, Wynn, Horston, etc), she could be a tough out in the tournaments.

I think Kellie wants to recruit three point shooting, SIZE and physicality. The beating we took at the hands of Michigan in the tournament left an impression on her. Look at the size and physicality of Puckett, Striplin, etc. Pissott has the size and three point shooting but is not a physcial player yet. If she has enought speed to balance (Miles, Wynn, Horston, etc), she could be a tough out in the tournaments.

Michigan might have reinforced the belief but Kellie has always preferred size and shooting ability since her playing days. She might not have always had it but she does appreciate size on the wing. She also, as do 99% of all coaches, wants that size to be agile.

Michigan might have reinforced the belief but Kellie has always preferred size and shooting ability since her playing days. She might not have always had it but she does appreciate size on the wing. She also, as do 99% of all coaches, wants that size to be agile.

It’s my hope that Puckett can become the next Abby Conklin.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Guys, I like this girl more than some of the girls that passed us by....She shoots a nice 3 ball...The 3 ball is everything....Dare I dream?
Art+of+Dreaming.jpg
When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

NO disrespect but im sitting here watching the SC vs NC STATE game and I dont see TN even coming close to competing with either team. The physicality alone is unreal. Lighting fast guards, shooters and BIG PHYSICAL BIGS we will have trouble guarding any position.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
NO disrespect but im sitting here watching the SC vs NC STATE game and I dont see TN even coming close to competing with either team. The physicality alone is unreal. Lighting fast guards, shooters and BIG PHYSICAL BIGS we will have trouble guarding any position.
We've already beat one of these teams it was last year we beat basically this same SC team in Knoxville. We scrimmaged NC St last month and some say we won that also.

Tennessee's starting 5 doesn't give much away in terms of physicality and ability. The issue is when both teams go to their bench and SC suffers no drop off.

Tennessee's starting 5 doesn't give much away in terms of physicality and ability. The issue is when both teams go to their bench and SC suffers no drop off.

I think the posters point was saying the same thing was said last year and it didn't ring true... As someone told me that's why they play the game.

SC has a tremendous depth... that should be a strength of theirs

None taken SC has some impressive depth but i think the same thing was said last year that they'll run the tables, go undefeated, and it was TN who ended their SEC streak.

Different team, different season, but it happened....

I think the posters point was saying the same thing was said last year and it didn't ring true... As someone told me that's why they play the game.

SC has a tremendous depth... that should be a strength of theirs
SC didn't have depth last year, especially for Boston and Henderson. Having the luxury of bringing Cardosa off the bench and not having any significant dropoff is huge. Raven wasn't much of a contributor tonight, but she'll get better as the year goes on and Dawn will be able to keep Boston and Henderson fresh for the closeouts.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Bingo! You are spot on. When I was watching their open practice, it was really obvious we weren’t going to be in the same conversation as any of the top teams in the country.

SC didn't have depth last year, especially for Boston and Henderson. Having the luxury of bringing Cardosa off the bench and not having any significant dropoff is huge. Raven wasn't much of a contributor tonight, but she'll get better as the year goes on and Dawn will be able to keep Boston and Henderson fresh for the closeouts.

My point is the same thing was said last year about unbeatable this and that ... then TN ended it. That's a fact. People didn't give TN a chance last year or anyone else. I dont need to be convinced how good they may or may not be. I said they were talented I think they deserve the number 1 ranking.

That's it. That's the post ...

My point is the same thing was said last year about unbeatable this and that ... then TN ended it. That's a fact. People didn't give TN a chance last year or anyone else. I dont need to be convinced how good they may or may not be. I said they were talented I think they deserve the number 1 ranking.

That's it. That's the post ...

And I think we can do it again. If anyone gets them in the SEC this season it’ll be us or LSU. Those, in my eyes, are the only teams that have the interior size to match them on the boards and defensively.

Everyone else will get crushed on the boards and in the paint.

If we lose to South Carolina this year, it’ll be due to their depth! After our starting 5, it’s a big drop off compared to their bench. Amihere alone, coming off their bench, is enough to give us fits.

If we lose to South Carolina this year, it’ll be due to their depth! After our starting 5, it’s a big drop off compared to their bench. Amihere alone, coming off their bench, is enough to give us fits.

Agreed, that’s where they have us for certain. Especially in the post. I’m super hopeful Emily will be able to give us at least some quality defensive minutes this season. Against a team like SC Tamari is gonna have to have some help from her, she can’t bang with Boston and Carodoso alone all night. I’m not sure anyone else has enough physique to get it done.

Unless they (SC) have an off night and I mean off I don't see it happening but I've been wrong before and I hope I am now.

Agreed, that’s where they have us for certain. Especially in the post. I’m super hopeful Emily will be able to give us at least some quality defensive minutes this season. Against a team like SC Tamari is gonna have to have some help from her, she can’t bang with Boston and Carodoso alone all night. I’m not sure anyone else has enough physique to get it done.
Spot on! Emily IS the only one that can help Tamari bang with those two! Green MAY be able to stick with Saxton and Amihere off the bounce and on the perimeter.

It should be a fun game this year, hopefully we can recreate some of that magic from last year.

Spot on! Emily IS the only one that can help Tamari bang with those two! Green MAY be able to stick with Saxton and Amihere off the bounce and on the perimeter.

It should be a fun game this year, hopefully we can recreate some of that magic from last year.
Emily CANNOT bang with Boston or Cardosa PERIOD they would have a 50 piece

We'll lose because the game is at SC this year. Like last year I would give us a shot at home, but not playing them at home this season. Sc may be the best team in the country and is certainly in a group with UConn and Stanford. I don't know where we fit in but were certainly not terrible still expecting 22 wins in the regular season.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back