2022 Recruits

We’ll see. Think you are whistling past the graveyard a bit. BTW Pissot (2022) will be a top 10 when final rankings are done.

He's a Rutgers fan so he is speaking from experience. They lost their best player and their coach hasn't been with the team since April. We shall see how this plays out.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Tell that to Arizona last season. I don't think it affected them. You can compete at the highest level they proved it and other teams have proved it as well. You are going to see more of it in the coming seasons. Prospect Nation has them ranked as ninth best class and Olson had them ranked number five so believe the one you want.
While it is possible to compete at the highest level without top 20 recruits (We'll have 2 in Pissott's freshman year), it's the exception rather than the rule. If you had a choice of teams to make the final 4 this coming season, which would you choose; Stanford, South Carolina, UConn and NC St. or the "field" ?
(This doesn't mean that some other team can't make the final 4, just that their odds of making it are somewhat less)

I'm just curious why everyone seems to be high on us getting a top ranked 2023 class.. what makes everyone think this bc I haven't saw or heard anything that would make me assume this class will be any different than 22 or prior classes. Only 2023 we might get easily is Jada Harrison a TN kid and no disrespect but TN will probably be her best offer. I'm truly curious about this

While it is possible to compete at the highest level without top 20 recruits (We'll have 2 in Pissott's freshman year), it's the exception rather than the rule. If you had a choice of teams to make the final 4 this coming season, which would you choose; Stanford, South Carolina, UConn and NC St. or the "field" ?
(This doesn't mean that some other team can't make the final 4, just that their odds of making it are somewhat less)
It is right now but that is changing like several are saying almost impossible to come up with a top 100 players now or determine who the top 25 players are. To many players competing and not enough time to evaluate them all. I just looked at a list the other day and that was six years ago and the actual number one player in that class was rated 13th and a top 10 player maybe top 5 was rated number 32. Women's basketball is getting just like the men's game almost every state producing 10 or more top players. I agree we need to get a couple more players, but were not that far away and we are getting there because last years big wins and a few close losses shows we are closing the gap and hopefully it fully closes in 2023. The posters that claim we are not recruiting any top players at all are wrong.

I'm just curious why everyone seems to be high on us getting a top ranked 2023 class.. what makes everyone think this bc I haven't saw or heard anything that would make me assume this class will be any different than 22 or prior classes. Only 2023 we might get easily is Jada Harrison a TN kid and no disrespect but TN will probably be her best offer. I'm truly curious about this
I think the reasons are because several of the 2023 players have already taken several unofficial visits to Tennessee and that didn't happen much with 2022. Also looks like the geographical area is far better than in 2022 many players closer to Knoxville. Finally another year of relationship building with these players is always a beneficial factor.

He's a Rutgers fan so he is speaking from experience. They lost their best player and their coach hasn't been with the team since April. We shall see how this plays out.
I thought that was who he was so he is back again. He is nothing more than an argument machine that constantly trying to make a case for something he seldom knows anything about.

It is right now but that is changing like several are saying almost impossible to come up with a top 100 players now or determine who the top 25 players are. To many players competing and not enough time to evaluate them all. I just looked at a list the other day and that was six years ago and the actual number one player in that class was rated 13th and a top 10 player maybe top 5 was rated number 32. Women's basketball is getting just like the men's game almost every state producing 10 or more top players. I agree we need to get a couple more players, but were not that far away and we are getting there because last years big wins and a few close losses shows we are closing the gap and hopefully it fully closes in 2023. The posters that claim we are not recruiting any top players at all are wrong.
I agree, Kelly has stabilized the situation. Now she has to put them on course to final four level.
Horston and Key are juniors, and as of right now, we don't have their replacements. We might get them in 2023 but that means playing 2 freshman, not the best scenario.
I was really hoping for more help from the 2022 class. It got off to such a great start with Pissott and then ...

I really try not to be argumentative about recruiting on here, but it does get tiring when not one of the current recruited players has played one play yet or one game. Just because they didn't get a particular rating by some guy sitting at a desk does not mean they are all going to be busts or bad players. If they turn out to be bad be the first to admit it not going to act like they don't exist just because they were rated a few numbers down from someone who the trolls and some posters gloat over. Constantly hearing how bad Kellie is recruiting and hopefully the girls she recruited here are ignoring it all.

I agree, Kelly has stabilized the situation. Now she has to put them on course to final four level.
Horston and Key are juniors, and as of right now, we don't have their replacements. We might get them in 2023 but that means playing 2 freshman, not the best scenario.
I was really hoping for more help from the 2022 class. It got off to such a great start with Pissott and then ...
I agree 2022 was somewhat of a failure as far as recruiting mainly because we didn't get a post player. We could've survived the guard really needed a post like Oldacre. She is a dominant player that is going to make Miami better if they can find some players to complement her play. I felt she was bout the best post player in the class to bad she didn't decide Tennessee.

Totally correct UConn, SC, and Stanford have more proven players than anyone else and had top rated classes. Not so much NC State they would fall in the over achieving category as they haven't been a recruiting superstar they have just developed players rated similarly to the ones we have.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Good and fair question. Do you remember when everyone was so high on the 2022 class? When Justine’s trainer was tweeting about how “we weren’t done yet.” When we felt good about Cooper and Oldacre. And before that, felt good about Tyler and Jenkins. And even earlier on feeling good about a several we have offered (if you look back at the early posts of this thread, the large majority of you felt great about anyone we offerered). I am a Harper fan and think she has made great improvements. I do think she has a good basketball mind; however, we don’t have proof yet that she can recruit at the highest level. The 2021 class was good and I am excited about who we got, but don’t think it’s fair to say we atttacted the most elite kids. I am still very excited about the program and I do think we may soon be at that level, but at this point we have no data/evidence to backup that 2023 will be a good year. We have absolutely no reason to believe 2023 will be any different than 2022 if we are looking at actual data. I think we’ve all learned by now that unofficial visits don’t equate to commitments. I am in complete support of all staff and this team, but am choosing not to believe we will sign the #1 class in 2023 (as many of you have said) until they actually do it. Once they do it, I’ll celebrate and start “feeling good” about recruiting again. Go lady vols!

Tell that to Arizona last season. I don't think it affected them. You can compete at the highest level they proved it and other teams have proved it as well. You are going to see more of it in the coming seasons. Prospect Nation has them ranked as ninth best class and Olson had them ranked number five so believe the one you want.
Arizona was an exception. Maybe A&M a few years ago.

ESPN has Pissott 11
Prospect has her 14
ASGR has her 32
Blue Star has her 27

I agree. Believe the e one you want.

Good and fair question. Do you remember when everyone was so high on the 2022 class? When Justine’s trainer was tweeting about how “we weren’t done yet.” When we felt good about Cooper and Oldacre. And before that, felt good about Tyler and Jenkins. And even earlier on feeling good about a several we have offered (if you look back at the early posts of this thread, the large majority of you felt great about anyone we offerered). I am a Harper fan and think she has made great improvements. I do think she has a good basketball mind; however, we don’t have proof yet that she can recruit at the highest level. The 2021 class was good and I am excited about who we got, but don’t think it’s fair to say we atttacted the most elite kids. I am still very excited about the program and I do think we may soon be at that level, but at this point we have no data/evidence to backup that 2023 will be a good year. We have absolutely no reason to believe 2023 will be any different than 2022 if we are looking at actual data. I think we’ve all learned by now that unofficial visits don’t equate to commitments. I am in complete support of all staff and this team, but am choosing not to believe we will sign the #1 class in 2023 (as many of you have said) until they actually do it. Once they do it, I’ll celebrate and start “feeling good” about recruiting again. Go lady vols!
We'll have to do something in 2023 or we'll be out of players. If not top players we'll have to get someone only 7 returnees in 2023 counting Justine so we have 8 scholarships to give for that class.

Reactions: Volfan1017
Arizona was an exception. Maybe A&M a few years ago.

ESPN has Pissott 11
Prospect has her 14
ASGR has her 32
Blue Star has her 27

I agree. Believe the e one you want.
I would call Michigan one as well last season as they only lost by three points to Baylor if they get past that game they could've beat the team that Baylor gave the game away to. Also Miss St that beat UConn. As far as ratings you can find that on almost any player except something like maybe 10 of them. The variation in sites is enormous in both players and rating recruiting classes.

Our assistant coaches are getting them on campus. The deal,for whatever reason, isn't being closed.
Not yet or at least it doesn't look like it. We really don't know what is being said or done Kellie is far more secretive than any other coach we've had. Regardless we'll have to do something in 2023 or give up basketball were not playing with 7 players.

Not yet or at least it doesn't look like it. We really don't know what is being said or done Kellie is far more secretive than any other coach we've had. Regardless we'll have to do something in 2023 or give up basketball were not playing with 7 players.
My guess,and it's only a guess, is they are seeing something they don't like. Maybe the staff needs to reevaluate what their doing during the prospects visit.

My guess,and it's only a guess, is they are seeing something they don't like. Maybe the staff needs to reevaluate what their doing during the prospects visit.
Exactly what do you think that is have to be unrelated to basketball because there is no breaking of team rules going on and all our present players get along very well. Our basketball arena and facilities are top class and I'm sure they are being told exactly how they fit in. AAU could be a reason I've heard. I don't think many players came in 2022 because of covid the ones that came late a couple had an attitude and got cancelled and another chose to stay close to home and the final one went to Miami over NC State, Florida State, and Tennessee for whatever reason. Other than those four and Justine no one visited except early in the process before covid shut it all down and we went video.

VN Store

Back