Who feels confident about Kentucky after the bye week?? FPI 48.6%

I think we win out. I truly believed we were winning tonight , until the gas ran out . If you can see we have no depth then get out . Yes we have talent but that only goes so far if they can’t get a break. Bama had the ball for 40 mins and 94 plays with the depth we have we just don’t match up. Only way is if the offense could have strung together some long possessions. We ran what 30 some plays . Defense is gassed . The Ga game is a win if the offense can score . I do not think Ga offense is as talented as Bama and we held them pretty decent for 3 quarters. Bash me idc, that’s why I’m posting this haha. Coach Heup is the real deal just need some time. Also I read in here ppl questioning his play calling . I mean with the roster we have and how close the game was at that point . May had his reasons. However, I don’t get paid to question his actions.

Very confident if we can get some folks healthy that we can beat Kentucky. We will have to play well but we can beat them. Georgia is the only game left were we are a clear underdog, but first things first get healed up some and come ready to go on a good season ending run. GBO! I still say we win 7 and 8 is not impossible. GBO!

I can’t stress enough how important it is for our defense to figure out how to stop a running QB. Levis is no Lamar Jackson but neither is Bryce Young and it seemed like every time he ran the ball Bama got a first down. UK doesn’t have the down field throwing ability that Bama has so I bet that QB designed runs are going to be a big part of their game plan.

I think we win out. I truly believed we were winning tonight , until the gas ran out . If you can see we have no depth then get out . Yes we have talent but that only goes so far if they can’t get a break. Bama had the ball for 40 mins and 94 plays with the depth we have we just don’t match up. Only way is if the offense could have strung together some long possessions. We ran what 30 some plays . Defense is gassed . The Ga game is a win if the offense can score . I do not think Ga offense is as talented as Bama and we held them pretty decent for 3 quarters. Bash me idc, that’s why I’m posting this haha. Coach Heup is the real deal just need some time. Also I read in here ppl questioning his play calling . I mean with the roster we have and how close the game was at that point . May had his reasons. However, I don’t get paid to question his actions.

Lay off the crack pipe. No one in hell Georgia is a win.

This isn’t your dads Kentucky team that we regularly owned like a mule. This will be tough game to win its winnable but it wouldn’t shock me if we lose. They are stout on both lines of scrimmage and have a QB who can actually throw and a tough little RB in Rodriguez. They will be jacked up for us no doubt. We need to take advantage of this bye week and get some guys heathy especially Hooker and Evans.

Reactions: davethevol
Feel better than I did a few weeks ago but the margin for error remains very small with this team.

Look at what a few breakdowns on defense and an interception did in the game tonight.

Reactions: House of Neyland
I think we have less than a 1% chance against Georgia, but against Kentucky I think we have a 35% chance. I think we'll win the other games and go bowling.

Reactions: rojas1187
All I was hoping for after the Bama game was there to be NO injuries and for them to play competitive and lose by 14-17 points. (Last thing didn’t happen)

BUT……… with an off week time for everyone to heal and get rested I think this game will say a lot about Hype and how he has his team prepared for another SEC road game.

this game will determine more than likely wether Tennessee is 7-5 or 6-6 and be able to go 4-4 in the SEC. Granted we will have beaten the lower tier of SEC teams (USC, Mizzou, Vandy and UK) and losing to UGA UF UA and Ole Piss all ranked when we played them.

thoughts are you hopeful/optimistic about our chances in TWO WEEKS???
Good points, except I wouldn’t call UK a “lower tier” SEC team. I would actually put them in the top 4 in the league right now, (1) UGa (2) Bama (3) Ole Miss (4) UK (5) aTm.

All I was hoping for after the Bama game was there to be NO injuries and for them to play competitive and lose by 14-17 points. (Last thing didn’t happen)

BUT……… with an off week time for everyone to heal and get rested I think this game will say a lot about Hype and how he has his team prepared for another SEC road game.

this game will determine more than likely wether Tennessee is 7-5 or 6-6 and be able to go 4-4 in the SEC. Granted we will have beaten the lower tier of SEC teams (USC, Mizzou, Vandy and UK) and losing to UGA UF UA and Ole Piss all ranked when we played them.

Offense will need to play better. Hasn't been very good against anyone except our weaker opponents. Far too reliant on big plays, often ones that are the result of an opponent's defensive lapse or breakdown.

WHWTFA!!!!

It must suck to be a Kentucky football fan.
Their best team ever and this is what they are. No shot at a championship. And never will have one. In 2 weeks they will be beaten by a team with 68 scholarship athletes and a first year coach. Add too it that their coach knows this is his shot as next year’s team will be trash. Everyone graduates so he’s going to likely jump for a better opportunity. But they do have basketball to sustain them.

16 of 22 starters are Sr players. 7 are super Sr.
The backups are just as Sr heavy.
This was as good as Kentucky was ever going to be and they will be watching the SEC championship game just like all the other Kentucky teams from history.

Last edited:
I can’t stress enough how important it is for our defense to figure out how to stop a running QB. Levis is no Lamar Jackson but neither is Bryce Young and it seemed like every time he ran the ball Bama got a first down. UK doesn’t have the down field throwing ability that Bama has so I bet that QB designed runs are going to be a big part of their game plan.
Yep, we've got a big problem in the area right behind our LBers that you'd think the strong safety and safety would shore up if the QB decides to run and LBers move up to stop him, which they do at times and instead of running, the opposing QB simply dumps a pass to a wide-open receiver the LBer just came off of to stop the QB run. Now if the, (UT), LBer stays on the receiver the opposing QB simply takes off.

Matt Corral did this a lot and the same exact scenario unfolded against Bama. You can bet UK will be seeing this glaring weakness and by that time coach Banks ought to have a plan because anybody would have to be blind not to see this. Opponents are keying on our LBers which are fair-good against the run and poor-fair against the pass. Fix it and we go 7-5. Otherwise we go 6-6 which isn't bad considering the attrition. UT has at least 2 highly ranked recruits, (Willis and Joseph), they should be developing at LBer. If Beasley, #24, is the best we can do, it's gonna be a long day vs.UK. Page was playing a lot but barely saw the field vs. Bama. Minor injury or passed by on the depth chart?

Reactions: VFL1993

VN Store

Back