Who feels confident about Kentucky after the bye week?? FPI 48.6%

UK hasn’t faced an offense like Heupels. UK offense isn’t very good. Neither is Levis. This is a great matchup for us.
I’d rather face a good D than a good O. But I think this is a bad matchup. They have a strong O line and if we leave our D on the field for 80 plays, we are gonna get beat like they did to LSU.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Actually, it's a good matchup for us, our Achilles heel has been 3rd down stops. Those 3rd down stops have been compromised by running QB's like Corral & B Young. Levis is a steady passing QB but is a mediocre runner. He will have to get it through the air. I just don't see him pulling it down and serpentining through our D on 3rd & 15 like happened with Corral & B Young.
Levis isn’t corral or Jones or Young. But he runs at least as good as Pickett. That gave us fits…just enough to move the chains. Their offense is very simple. Run, run, run, and hit you with a big pass to Robinson. Our safeties and Lb are slow. It just needs to move the sticks and their OL will wear us down. Since we tend to score quickly that catches up to us in the 2nd half of every game (except Mizz).

How is Kentucky only a -1 against Mississippi St???? Vegas has this game as a pick em????? Thought Kentucky was this team on the rise ranked in the top #12 and only lost one game but don’t think they might beat The Pirate???? Explain please….

Vandy didn’t take long to go back to being Vandy. But Kentucky is a legit team. Just don’t be blaming Heupel if we lose to an inferior opponent. They aren’t.
I started calling him Hypel because I hated the hire. I do it now because he won me over. I expect us to hammer an overrated Kentucky. If we don’t that’s more on me than Hypel. I don’t think he’s suddenly a bad coach.
I’ll tag you in the MSU/Kentucky thread Saturday so we can argue about it all game.

How is Kentucky only a -1 against Mississippi St???? Vegas has this game as a pick em????? Thought Kentucky was this team on the rise ranked in the top #12 and only lost one game but don’t think they might beat The Pirate???? Explain please….
Because they aren’t that good.
The pirate beat A and M so they aren’t that bad either

So
Odds are the only team taking away Kentucky's run game in the country is Georgia. Unless there are 2 guys like Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis in the middle of the defense that just isn't going to happen and you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The best way to win that game would be a 27-24 type game where Heupel goes with ball control and limits mistakes.
Agreed. It is gonna be a dogfight. Maybe we win, but folks are entirely too dismissive.

Reactions: HangmanPage
Because they aren’t that good.
The pirate beat A and M so they aren’t that bad either
Because Starkville is one of the hardest places in the country to play. Let go of the close wins against UTC, SC, and Mizz. Focus on the win vs Fla, beat down of LSU and respectable showing at UGa. We are in no position to put anyone - not even Vandy - in the automatic W column. Our depth is a major problem, but all we hear is “Kentucky sucks.” History didn’t matter last year when they put the worst beating on us since 1925.

Reactions: volwindy
I have watched his games at UK. He can scramble when needed. That’s about it, he isn’t a Matt Corral. Hooker has better rushing stats than Levis.
He doesn't scramble because hes trying to prove he can be a pocket passer for NFL scouts. I wonder why he would be trying to prove that? Ah yes because he's never been a traditional pocket passer.

UK hasn’t faced an offense like Heupels. UK offense isn’t very good. Neither is Levis. This is a great matchup for us.
I feel like there will be no talking you off this ledge you are about to jump off so I will just leave it at this....Heupel's offense is predicated on the deep bomb. Kentucky has only given up the deep ball to 2 teams since 2018 and its Alabama in 2020 and Georgia and Brock Bowers in 2021.

I feel like there will be no talking you off this ledge you are about to jump off so I will just leave it at this....Heupel's offense is predicated on the deep bomb. Kentucky has only given up the deep ball to 2 teams since 2018 and its Alabama in 2020 and Georgia and Brock Bowers in 2021.

Lol. In 2018, Jarret Guaratano avg yards per pass was 14.4 against UK. In 2019, he had a 39 yard TD pass. Bennett’s avg was only 12.5 against you. So one of the worst TN QBs threw the deep ball on you better than UGA.

Oh and Heupels offense isn’t predicated on the deep ball. It’s just that our WRs tend to get open for it. Your DBs aren’t on Bamas level. But keep on telling me how good UK is when they needed miracles to beat UTC, Missouri and South Carolina.

Lol. In 2018, Jarret Guaratano avg yards per pass was 14.4 against UK. In 2019, he had a 39 yard TD pass. Bennett’s avg was only 12.5 against you. So one of the worst TN QBs threw the deep ball on you better than UGA.

Oh and Heupels offense isn’t predicated on the deep ball. It’s just that our WRs tend to get open for it. Your DBs aren’t on Bamas level. But keep on telling me how good UK is when they needed miracles to beat UTC, Missouri and South Carolina.
They were never trailing Missouri or South Carolina. They didn't really need a miracle to stomp LSU or beat Florida. I get you wanting to be a fan. I'm just saying objectivity is the name of the game. No one said Kentucky has a more talented secondary than Alabama. They just don't allow big passing plays. That has nothing to do with talent.

BTW I know you won't acknowledge this....probably because you didn't really watch the game...but JG had 197 yards on 20 passes in 2018. That doesn't equal out to 14.4. Math is hard though I get it. And that 39 yard pass was in 2018 as well...not 2019. So he had 158 yards on 19 passes outside of that one big throw. No one said Kentucky doesn't give up any deep balls. Just that they only give them up in chunks to good teams. If Tennessee only connects on 1 deep pass in 2 weeks. Odds are they won't win. So you need more than the 1 big pass. Please use logic and reasoning when responding to me next time sir. I don't have all day to try and break down the game of football to you.

Because Starkville is one of the hardest places in the country to play. Let go of the close wins against UTC, SC, and Mizz. Focus on the win vs Fla, beat down of LSU and respectable showing at UGa. We are in no position to put anyone - not even Vandy - in the automatic W column. Our depth is a major problem, but all we hear is “Kentucky sucks.” History didn’t matter last year when they put the worst beating on us since 1925.
Respectable showing against Ga.
lol
Ok.

I’d rather face a good D than a good O. But I think this is a bad matchup. They have a strong O line and if we leave our D on the field for 80 plays, we are gonna get beat like they did to LSU.
We've done well defending traditional runs this year. It's mobile QBs that have killed us. 80 plays would be easy compared to the number of plays Ole Miss and Alabama ran on us. We just need to get some guys healthy.

He isn't a mediocre runner. Kentucky's defense is meant to limit any type of big play production and outside of Georgia they have done that all season. I believe they are first or second defensively in limiting 20+ yard gains through the air. Heupel's offense is built entirely on being successful when taking those deep shots. That why he's saying its a bad matchup.

He has 175 Yards in 7 games Matt Corral had 195 yards vs us in 1 game. We lead the league in tackles for loss, our D plays good vs the runs from RB’s It’s been frustrating to see this great play only to let a QB break through and pull off a run for a 1st down. Keeping our D on the field & losing TOP.. I think our team will be healthy and rested vs UK and see #8& #2 go for lots of yardage. Of course I watched UK survive vs UT Chatt. aided by a bad call 28 to 23 so there’s that in my mind.

He has 175 Yards in 7 games Matt Corral had 195 yards vs us in 1 game. We lead the league in tackles for loss, our D plays good vs the runs from RB’s It’s been frustrating to see this great play only to let a QB break through and pull off a run for a 1st down. Keeping our D on the field & losing TOP.. I think our team will be healthy and rested vs UK and see #8& #2 go for lots of yardage. Of course I watched UK survive vs UT Chatt. aided by a bad call 28 to 23 so there’s that in my mind.
We’re improved vs a month ago. So is Kentucky. We better play a clean game.

VN Store

Back