Who feels confident about Kentucky after the bye week?? FPI 48.6%

I feel our D will play better vs UK & UGA because the QB’s are not as much of a scrambling/running threat. Although Levis is savvy as is Stetson Bennett. They are not as much a challenge as Pitt, UF Ole Miss & Bama QB’s with their feet. Think we beat UK & hang with UGA all game.

Pivotal game.
Win it and the season has a chance to go down as a huge success.
A loss would be a big set-back.

All I was hoping for after the Bama game was there to be NO injuries and for them to play competitive and lose by 14-17 points. (Last thing didn’t happen)

BUT……… with an off week time for everyone to heal and get rested I think this game will say a lot about Hype and how he has his team prepared for another SEC road game.

this game will determine more than likely wether Tennessee is 7-5 or 6-6 and be able to go 4-4 in the SEC. Granted we will have beaten the lower tier of SEC teams (USC, Mizzou, Vandy and UK) and losing to UGA UF UA and Ole Piss all ranked when we played them.

thoughts are you hopeful/optimistic about our chances in TWO WEEKS???

It all depends on how healthy we are. We very desperately need the Mays boys back and ready to play. We have to be able to run the ball to make this offense go and we just can't against good SEC teams without our starting center and right tackle. So short answer very optimistic if our OL is healthy and not so much if they are not.

Reactions: njvols
CJH has two weeks to scheme plays against KY and our key players have time to get healthy. Plus our subs have gotten a lot better the last 4 weeks.

I like our odds, especially if we play like we have in bursts against very good teams.

This will be a tough game. Kentucky is closer to Pitt and Ole Miss that we are. We will need our guys up front on the OL to run. But we are down multiple guys still.

They took us lightly 3 years ago. They won’t this time, with a major bowl within reach. We are probably the toughest opponent left.

This will be a tough game. Kentucky is closer to Pitt and Ole Miss that we are. We will need our guys up front on the OL to run. But we are down multiple guys still.

They took us lightly 3 years ago. They won’t this time, with a major bowl within reach. We are probably the toughest opponent left.
They took us lightly?
9BD4D4AA-1076-445A-9E38-5BCB1FEFC082.gif

Reactions: Orange Raid
I said we would win this game against Kensucky before the season and still think we will. If we had decent play last year we would have won. Back to this year, if we have even the health we had going into the Bama game, I’m confident we will win against the cats.

After seeing all the penalties and going 2 for 13 on 3rd down...never confident .. our 3rd down play calling is so bad .. that if that doesn't improve we will loose for sure.

If not for the goal line stand 2 years ago, we’d be 1-3 vs Kentucky in the last 4 years. In the last 3 years, we’ve had 4 players drafted to their 13. And now they are out recruiting us head to head for players we want. 3 of their better DL came down to UT and Kentucky and they got all 3.

For now…they are the better program. I’ve seen this matchup 12 times in person and never seen UK win. But those days are over. I just don’t want any of the “fahr Heupel” stuff to come up if we manage to come up short. We certainly can win this game, but UK is just as capable of crushing us with their OL as Bama did. They took LSU to the woodshed a couple of weeks ago.

If not for the goal line stand 2 years ago, we’d be 1-3 vs Kentucky in the last 4 years. They are putting far more players in the NFL than we are. And now they are out recruiting us head to head for players we want. 3 of their better DL came down to UT and Kentucky and they got all 3.

For now…they are the better program. I’ve seen this matchup 12 times and never seen UK win. But those days are over. I just don’t want any of the “fahr Heupel” stuff to come up if we manage to come up short. We certainly can win this game, but UK is just as capable of crushing us with their OL as Bama did. They took LSU to the woodshed a couple of weeks ago.
Edit: I do like how you’re giving Kentucky the moral victory….if not for a goal line stand.
They were losing to UTC in the 4th and lose with out some ref help. they have 16 seniors of the 22 starters 7 are super seniors because of Covid. This is their year to do something and will end the year with a good record and no championships. They will be even money vs a Tennessee team with 68 scholarship players and a first year head coach. And lucky to make a bowl next year.
After 9 years of stoops Kentucky is still Kentucky.

All I was hoping for after the Bama game was there to be NO injuries and for them to play competitive and lose by 14-17 points. (Last thing didn’t happen)

BUT……… with an off week time for everyone to heal and get rested I think this game will say a lot about Hype and how he has his team prepared for another SEC road game.

this game will determine more than likely wether Tennessee is 7-5 or 6-6 and be able to go 4-4 in the SEC. Granted we will have beaten the lower tier of SEC teams (USC, Mizzou, Vandy and UK) and losing to UGA UF UA and Ole Piss all ranked when we played them.

thoughts are you hopeful/optimistic about our chances in TWO WEEKS???
Only because we historically own KY even in bad years and Stoops has a bad record in the last half of the season at KY.

Only because we historically own KY even in bad years and Stoops has a bad record in the last half of the season at KY.
Kentucky has MSU this weekend who matches up well with Kentucky and isn’t a pushover. Let’s see how that plays out.

Reactions: saxvol
Edit: I do like how you’re giving Kentucky the moral victory….if not for a goal line stand.
They were losing to UTC in the 4th and lose with out some ref help. they have 16 seniors of the 22 starters 7 are super seniors because of Covid. This is their year to do something and will end the year with a good record and no championships. They will be even money vs a Tennessee team with 68 scholarship players and a first year head coach. And lucky to make a bowl next year.
After 9 years of stoops Kentucky is still Kentucky.
Their record since Stoops took over is better than ours. Better over the past 5 years. Better this year. I want to win and think we very well may pull it off. But it’s a bad matchup for us. If we lose, don’t say it’s the coaches losing to an inferior team. Because they aren’t.

VN Store

Back