Who feels confident about Kentucky after the bye week?? FPI 48.6%

Their record since Stoops took over is better than ours. Better over the past 5 years. Better this year. I want to win and think we very well may pull it off. But it’s a bad matchup for us. If we lose, don’t say it’s the coaches losing to an inferior team. Because they aren’t.
Ya, that’s more reflective of how bad we’ve been and not so much how good they are. On paper they should win. It’s their best team ever and we’re in serious recovery mode. Yet Vegas currently has us as 65% chance of winning. That says everything you need to know about their program.

UK is a good team. Probably 3rd best in conf. But I think we match up better with KY than OM. Gotta play a clean game...can’t beat ourselves. Crazy thing is this stretch is brutal. I think we are at least the 6th best team though our record doesn’t show it. UF wouldn’t want to play us now...

Kentucky is that one game where the bounces seem to usually go our way. Kinda like how when we play Florida the bounces almost always go their way. I think we come out fired up and win the game

Their QB can’t run and isn’t an exceptional passer. I think we have a very good chance
I get what you're saying, but it is proven now that a running QB is our Achilles Heel. Corral was a nightmare for us and Young, not known to be a scooter, shredded us. Until we get more, and more capable, defensive depth, we will need a TD about every series, meaning that we need an O Line miracle. Until then, our vulnerability is obvious and exploitable.

Yep, we've got a big problem in the area right behind our LBers that you'd think the strong safety and safety would shore up if the QB decides to run and LBers move up to stop him, which they do at times and instead of running, the opposing QB simply dumps a pass to a wide-open receiver the LBer just came off of to stop the QB run. Now if the, (UT), LBer stays on the receiver the opposing QB simply takes off.

Matt Corral did this a lot and the same exact scenario unfolded against Bama. You can bet UK will be seeing this glaring weakness and by that time coach Banks ought to have a plan because anybody would have to be blind not to see this. Opponents are keying on our LBers which are fair-good against the run and poor-fair against the pass. Fix it and we go 7-5. Otherwise we go 6-6 which isn't bad considering the attrition. UT has at least 2 highly ranked recruits, (Willis and Joseph), they should be developing at LBer. If Beasley, #24, is the best we can do, it's gonna be a long day vs.UK. Page was playing a lot but barely saw the field vs. Bama. Minor injury or passed by on the depth chart?
Most of Corrals runs were designed draws,

If things stay the status quo we will hang with KY for 2-3 qtrs and then fade once again. Frustrating.

1-2 qtrs per game with brain-fart head-scratching play calling.
1st down run play calls. Who doesn’t know they’re coming?
Penalties. Undisciplined momentum- killing penalties.
Offensive line play. So far from being SEC caliber. Pass protection breakdowns leading to poor QB scrambling decisions. Hooker’s going to get hurt on those crazy spin moves.
I bet the cashier at the Seven Eleven agrees with you!

Reactions: kcvols1
UK is a good team. Probably 3rd best in conf. But I think we match up better with KY than OM. Gotta play a clean game...can’t beat ourselves. Crazy thing is this stretch is brutal. I think we are at least the 6th best team though our record doesn’t show it. UF wouldn’t want to play us now...

3rd best in the CONFERENCE? Hell no! UGA’s better. Bama’s better. Auburn’s better. Ole Miss is better. A&M is better. And after Nov. 6th, UT will be better.

Reactions: Woke
Their record since Stoops took over is better than ours. Better over the past 5 years. Better this year. I want to win and think we very well may pull it off. But it’s a bad matchup for us. If we lose, don’t say it’s the coaches losing to an inferior team. Because they aren’t.

Actually, it's a good matchup for us, our Achilles heel has been 3rd down stops. Those 3rd down stops have been compromised by running QB's like Corral & B Young. Levis is a steady passing QB but is a mediocre runner. He will have to get it through the air. I just don't see him pulling it down and serpentining through our D on 3rd & 15 like happened with Corral & B Young.

After we take away their run game, let’s see how good he is.
Odds are the only team taking away Kentucky's run game in the country is Georgia. Unless there are 2 guys like Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis in the middle of the defense that just isn't going to happen and you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The best way to win that game would be a 27-24 type game where Heupel goes with ball control and limits mistakes.

Reactions: Zues1
Actually, it's a good matchup for us, our Achilles heel has been 3rd down stops. Those 3rd down stops have been compromised by running QB's like Corral & B Young. Levis is a steady passing QB but is a mediocre runner. He will have to get it through the air. I just don't see him pulling it down and serpentining through our D on 3rd & 15 like happened with Corral & B Young.
He isn't a mediocre runner. Kentucky's defense is meant to limit any type of big play production and outside of Georgia they have done that all season. I believe they are first or second defensively in limiting 20+ yard gains through the air. Heupel's offense is built entirely on being successful when taking those deep shots. That why he's saying its a bad matchup.

He was quite literally Penn States version of Taysom Hill for 2 years. Yes he can run. You have to actually watch the games sir.

I have watched his games at UK. He can scramble when needed. That’s about it, he isn’t a Matt Corral. Hooker has better rushing stats than Levis.

He isn't a mediocre runner. Kentucky's defense is meant to limit any type of big play production and outside of Georgia they have done that all season. I believe they are first or second defensively in limiting 20+ yard gains through the air. Heupel's offense is built entirely on being successful when taking those deep shots. That why he's saying its a bad matchup.

UK hasn’t faced an offense like Heupels. UK offense isn’t very good. Neither is Levis. This is a great matchup for us.

VN Store

Back