Hooker Starting against Bama

I’m not arguing that. In fact I said we would’ve won had he played last weekend. I just don’t think we’re in a position to win the game if Milton is QB even with Evans playing .
Yeah. Still would be interesting to see what Milton does if he plays tomorrow. I've all about written him off as well, but when you think about it he hasn't played much at all.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
We need him. Not trying to put other guys down, but we win last week if he plays.
We also win if Milton hits that receiver in the endzone on the final drive, or tries to complete a pass instead of scampering out of bounds with no time left.

If you can't play you don't. But if you can play and are healthy enough to be a help and not a hindrance you play. We aren't deep enough nor can afford to sit out players that can go out and help us just to save them for another game. Goodness gracious, the trainers know what they are doing. It's really that simple. GBO!!!!

Yeah. Still would be interesting to see what Milton does if he plays tomorrow. I've all about written him off as well, but when you think about it he hasn't played much at all.
Milton has all the physical tools to be a good QB. Maybe Heupel can really work with him and change the kind of player he is. He has this demeanor where he comes across as arrogant, but I think he’s the opposite . I feel like he needs to be broken down and rebuilt because I think he can be very good.

Without knowing his exact condition, it's impossible to say. If he's 90 plus %, play the dude. If not and he's risking significant injury, no way, let him rest. Unless your in his body, or his doctor, or his coaches, we just haven't seen enough, besides his obvious injury leaving the game, to say much about it. We'll probably know within the first two series whether this was a bad idea.

In principle though, I like it, trying to beat your rival, not just survive. And if he could get Bama somehow into the 4th Quarter and beat them in his first year, truly a legend in the making. But if we loose Hooker for the season and have to endure Milton in multiple blowouts to finish the year, a vastly more likely senario, it could be the worst decision of his short time at Tennessee. In some ways he's already light years ahead and in other ways behind (recruiting) where he should be right now. I'd hate to slow that momentum down with the loss of an obvious essential piece of our offense right before the bye week. But if he and the docs say he's good to go and 90+%, get him out there and see what he can do. But if he's really limping after the third series and no longer a running threat after the adrenaline has started to wear off, pull that kid and save him for Kentucky!

Last edited:
Reactions: Voltrapnbama
No I'll take to the Bank that you don't know what you're talking about and a Negative Piece of ****!!

Okay, how about this. You and I both Venmo freak $500 if I’m wrong you get my money. If I’m right I get yours. Let’s see?

This.

Our RBs couldn't block as well as Evans.

I noticed a few plays they had Jabari back there tryna block and he was getting shredded.

The offense can do so much more with Evans. I hope he can play.
You’re right. There were a couple of instances last weekend where Small looked lost in protection. If that’s happening against an Ole Miss defense then this weekend…

Heupel (to his credit...I guess) has sowed so much doubt with his injury updates over the season that nobody knows what to believe. But, if this is true, that is great news!
I think Heupel has handled the situation in the correct manner. If he plays great and if he doesn't play, Alabama had to prepare for him as well as Milton and or Bailey.

Reactions: feathersax
Swain was basically, "Give your all and let the chips fall."

I was against the idea of rage ball before the alabama game, but this one is different for me and others. It's time to rage, and you should have been building for this game all season.

I'll take a 4 win season if you knock the ever living **** out of alabama, and make them think twice. Not a problem for me.

Well why the hell would he had back??

The fan base is basically split between playing it safe against alabama, and going for at least a six win bowl game (maybe more), or saying F it, and laying the season on the line against alabama, which can end in a very bad way. We could lose a lot of players in this game. We still have ky and georgia before south alabama and vandy. This game can be the difference between a bowl or not.

If anyone thinks that this Coaching staff is not going to Bama to try and win this Game you are delusional! Why in the hell wouldn't they? People saying we should just sit Hooker out of this game is the dumbest Statements ever made

Here, hold my beer...

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back