Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, yeah, then, let's play everyone that's dinged up, get them potentially hurt worse and have them out for KY and others, while still losing to bama... yeah, that'll show em!!!

If Hooker isn’t ready to play he won’t, if he is he will.

Why hold out somebody who can play? Anybody can get hurt on any play. That is the deal every week.

Why hold out somebody who can play? Anybody can get hurt on any play. That is the deal every week.

If we were at full strength, our O line starters all healthy and in, Evans healthy, Simmons, etc, then hell yes, I'd want him to play... we could have a serious chance at a nice upset in their backyard... the problem is our O line is slaw, I haven't heard anything about Evans, we still have a few on Defense out, so we don't have all the horses to fire on all cylinders... With a O line on life support, going into the bama game, I don't want Hooker in there and potentially getting hurt on a BS situation... We all know they will get literally every single call, so I'd rather have us at full strength for the three games we can win... JMO

looks like he is going to play, so I guess we'll all pray that our O line holds up...

If he's playing hurt he's more likely to overcompensate for that bad leg and get something else injured. Happens all the time, across all sports.

That said, I'm all for letting him play if he wants to. Just answering your question.

Reactions: volinbama256
Previous P5 starter. Additional spring practice.

View attachment 405056
He didn’t have a good spring which is why we went looking to add a QB to the roster….. he didn’t have a great fall camp but showed improvement…. First game out there….. the staff had to dummy down the playbook for him….in between Pitt and Florida…. He made huge strides and has improved ever since….. if we don’t trust Heup with QBs then I don’t really know who we can trust.

Last edited:
One of the reasons that you come to Tennessee is the storied traditions. One of those traditions is leaving it all on the field vs Alabama.

If Hooker wants to give his all vs our most historically significant rival, then let him do it. If he's not feeling it, then don't put him out there not at 100%. Recipe for disaster.

Dobbs was good, but had his shortcomings too. Nobody talks about that much now a days

Crompton
Stephens
Coleman
Simms
Bray
Worley
Dobbs
Peterman
Dormady
Guarantano
Chyrst
Maurer
Shrout
Bailey
Milton...

I think we just appreciate Bray and Dobbs so much more now because it's been tough sailing at QB for a long time.

He didn’t have a good spring which is why we went looking to add a QB to the roster….. he didn’t have a great fall camp but showed improvement…. First game out there….. the staff had to dummy down the playbook for him….in between Pitt and Florida…. He made huge strides and has improved ever since….. if we don’t trust Heup with QBs then I really know who we can trust.

Milton was seriously our best looking option?

Crompton
Stephens
Coleman
Simms
Bray
Worley
Dobbs
Peterman
Dormady
Guarantano
Chyrst
Maurer
Shrout
Bailey
Milton...

I think we just appreciate Bray and Dobbs so much more now because it's been tough sailing at QB for a long time.
That is a big part of it, but it was always amazing to me how so many denigrated Dobbs while he was here. Constantly talking about "just wait till we have a real QB...like that Texan gunslinger Dormandy!" (misspelled for historical accuracy)

I haven't seen that gif with that big woman in a stretch out "roll tide" elephant on the front. The week isn't complete without that those gifs or pics.

Because some think we 100% cannot beat Bama. Could never be me. Lemme be in my delusional fantasy maybe, but I know one thing - crazier things happen all the time in sports and we have the kind of team to make them sweat it out...you just never know. Oh, and...YOU PLAY...TO WIN....THE GAME

I got to a point where I was bored while tripping and would eat a full meal. Knew it was time to stop at that point and my wife also influenced it. Only bad trip I had was at a club in ATL when I mixed X and a quarter ounce of mushrooms. It took a couple hits of LSD to bring me out of it but it suuuucked until I leveled out.
Hippie flipping is fun, but takes too much of a toll. Did it for 3 days straight years ago at a festival...came home feelin fine...then woke up and could hardly put a sentence together for 3-4 days. It was weird, like my brain had broken. Not sure if I've dipped back in mdma since, really no desire to. People cut it up too much these days and it can be pretty dirty. 100% saw some people at the Rebillet concert last weekend rolling and all I could think was how glad I was to no longer be riding that train. I was just gliding along ever so smoothly and calmly on the microdose fungi plane 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back