SIAP Schiano was going to bring Burrow with him

I doubt Burrow would have developed here like he did at LSU. If true then he is lucky we ran off Schiano too.

If Heupel continues to improve like I’ve seen so far than the 3 years of Pruitt were worth the wait to end up with him.

Tennessee fired Butch Jones as its head coach and the Vols’ search for his replacement reached Schiano.

Tennessee fans displayed their displeasure of discussion that Schiano was set to become the Vols’ next head coach. Fans protested and voiced their displeasure on campus, social media and on sports talk shows.

According to former NFL general manager Mike Lombardi, Schiano was set to bring eventual Heisman Trophy and national championship quarterback Joe Burrow with him to Tennessee.

Greg Schiano was going to bring Joe Burrow to Tennessee if hired as head coach

And there’s no guarantee that he would have been as good as he was at LSU. Burrow wouldn’t have had the coaches he had at LSU, so I’d be willing to bet it wouldn’t have gone as well here. Tennessee also wasn’t nearly as talented as those LSU teams.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
The long term trade off of Schiano still being here after Burrow left after a year (maybe two just because we’re Tennessee), is absolutely not worth it.
Glad we have Heup, I like what I seent so far. So, for me it boils down to IDGAF who he wanted to bring.

So what if he would have brought Burrow? You think Burrow would have done anything even remotely close to what he did at LSU here? I mean 😂😂😂😂😂

Tennessee fired Butch Jones as its head coach and the Vols’ search for his replacement reached Schiano.

Tennessee fans displayed their displeasure of discussion that Schiano was set to become the Vols’ next head coach. Fans protested and voiced their displeasure on campus, social media and on sports talk shows.

According to former NFL general manager Mike Lombardi, Schiano was set to bring eventual Heisman Trophy and national championship quarterback Joe Burrow with him to Tennessee.

Schiano never sued TN for a reason. He had no intention of EVER testifying under oath what he knew about the sexual abuse of boys at Penn State.

The guy couldv brought Tom Brady with him and I still wouldn’t want him as head coach. Period.

Why does Schiano get so much love from the national media? I mean, what has he done of note to deserve it? Why isn't he coaching at a big time program?

Both Lombardi and Schiano are part of the Belichick network. Both were given jobs there when they were at career lowpoints so there is some loyalty there to others in that network.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Ok but Burrow wasn’t great until he got with the right coordinators.

So....

Well now it makes sense....Burrow won the Heisman and a national championship because he was going to go to Tennessee but didn't. Fate automatically made him Heisman to spite Tennessee. Otherwise he would have been like any other Joe..

Schiano strikes me as another Butch Jones.

I don't think he is a big time head coach and Ohio St. agrees with me.

Lol so? Schiano sucks as a HC and is a child rapist enabler

I didn't want to hire Schiano but I hated the way we went about avoiding hiring him.

The problem is that we have T. Boone Pickens/Phil Knight type donor family (the Haslems) but unlike the latter two, they are totally incompetent. The sad thing is, I think the Haslems mean well, they just don't know how to make great decisions on how to run athletics.
I hate how Volnation gets the blame for the admin backing out of an all but done deal. I hated the Shiano hire but what happened was 100% on them.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Unless he was bring Joe Brady along with him it wouldn't matter ....

This is stupid. There is no guarantee that he would have been as good at UT as he was at LSU.

AND MAYBE NOT

VN Store

Back