SIAP Schiano was going to bring Burrow with him

Tennessee fired Butch Jones as its head coach and the Vols’ search for his replacement reached Schiano.

Tennessee fans displayed their displeasure of discussion that Schiano was set to become the Vols’ next head coach. Fans protested and voiced their displeasure on campus, social media and on sports talk shows.

According to former NFL general manager Mike Lombardi, Schiano was set to bring eventual Heisman Trophy and national championship quarterback Joe Burrow with him to Tennessee.

Greg Schiano was going to bring Joe Burrow to Tennessee if hired as head coach
Every time I hear the name Schiano, I get pissed off. Don’t even know the guy. Dude has a permanent cloud overhead.

Burrow would have been a nice get for TN but not at the expense of hiring Schiano.

Burrow is extremely talented and put up monster numbers but he was developed by Joe Brady.

Brady wasn’t coming to TN with Schiano. It all worked out for Burrow after Meyer evidently treated him like sh&$!!

He was not...... he spent 3 years at OSU and was a hair away from possibly becoming the starter before sufferring an injury... His CFB development was started by Tom Herman....... it is true that Meyer favored Haskins but how could you not like what he did in his only season there. He was the most prolific passer in BIG10 history. The only problem was OSU had an abundace of riches, just like they do now with 3 QB's (4) now with Quinn Ewers) who could start at just about any university, and the are all underclassmen. I'd say UT should dip their hand into that talent pool because 1 or 2 of those guys are going to probably go into the portal, probably with OSU's blessing, just like they did with Burrow.

Why is these articles coming out this week about the past? Tennessee sure has been in the spotlight all week about reoccurring events again.

Dumb stuff happens, they bring back the history of dumb stuff. Tennessee is just getting dragged through the mud again by the media. But this one? Complete BS. I don't believe this one for a second.

Reactions: 08Vol
Call me crazy, BUT if Tenns AD at the time had of NOT USED Gruden rumors to keep the press and fans off his trail, while he worked a deal with Schiano, the hire would have worked out.. at the time.
But the AD thought he was being sly by using Gruden rumors as a screen to a Trophy Hire in his, and the Haslams, eyes..

The problem was up to about 3 hours before the UT plane, (Owned by the Haslams) was to have arrived with G Schiano on board, MOST Tennessee fans truly felt that John Gruden was going to step off that plane!

If the UT AD had of squelched the Gruden rumors say a week earlier, fans might have been open to the hire.. Fans werent as mad that it was Schiano, but were FURIOUS because most totally expected J Gruden as the hire.

Got to remember that during that coaching search Chip Kelly (multiple BCS bowl wins), Scott Frost (undefeated season & claimed national championship after a NY6 win), and Dan Mullen (got MSST to #1, best OC Meyer ever had, & had developed multiple elite QBs at 3 different schools) were all hired.

Our AD spent months saying he was bringing in an elite coach and ended up announcing a hire worse than UF, Nebraska, & freakin UCLA’s hires. Everyone in the know knew that Schiano wasn’t even the #2 at tOSU, it was Day. Our AD tried to sell us on a coach that was good in the early 2000s b/c he could recruit the North East (something UT doesn’t focus on), failed at the NFL, then was brought back to tOSU where after a few years he wasn’t even considered as a possible replacement if Meyer ever left.

Got to remember that during that coaching search Chip Kelly (multiple BCS bowl wins), Scott Frost (undefeated season & claimed national championship after a NY6 win), and Dan Mullen (got MSST to #1, best OC Meyer ever had, & had developed multiple elite QBs at 3 different schools) were all hired.

Our AD spent months saying he was bringing in an elite coach and ended up announcing a hire worse than UF, Nebraska, & freakin UCLA’s hires. Everyone in the know knew that Schiano wasn’t even the #2 at tOSU, it was Day. Our AD tried to sell us on a coach that was good in the early 2000s b/c he could recruit the North East (something UT doesn’t focus on), failed at the NFL, then was brought back to tOSU where after a few years he wasn’t even considered as a possible replacement if Meyer ever left.

From Meyers mouth....... Day was by far the best OC he has ever had..... better than the many he had including Tom Herman and Dan Mullen

I also seriously doubt Schiano was bringing Terrance Marshall Jr, Justin Jefferson, and Ja'mar Chase with him either.

Schiano Sunday happened in November 2017 and Burrow didn't transfer to LSU until May 2018. This story isn't true

Dumb stuff happens, they bring back the history of dumb stuff. Tennessee is just getting dragged through the mud again by the media. But this one? Complete BS. I don't believe this one for a second.
I agree with you, and all week, it has been nothing but BS around here with all of these bad articles, right after the throwing on the field, just to try to distract us from the game. I hope everyone is ignoring these this week. An upset of Bama would absolutely calm the storm I think.

Dan Harralson LOVES picking on the vols and stirring up crap. He’s an idiot and has no clue.

Why even write an article like this now…oh because of the fans last weekend and the pruitt story in the media. He just likes attention and clicks. He can go suck a kiffy stiffy
Basilio's dumb a** gives him a platform and pushes his crap just to call him a straight shooter. Basilio is only good because of his support cast, literally the Fulmer of tennessee radio.

He wasn't a pedophile enabler. There is zero real evidence Schiano was remotely involved. The only link is the red headed guy who admitted that he (i.e. the red headed guy) walked in on Sandusky raping a kid said person A told him that person B said person C told him Schiano might have thought Sandusky was a pervert or something. It was quadruple hearsay to start with. And then person A, B, and C all denied under oath having told the red headed guy anything about Schiano. The red headed guy is a head case (as I am sure alot of people would be if they had walked in on an old man raping a kid and did nothing, seriously how could you live with yourself?). The red headed guy just tried to spread his own dishonor far and wide, misery loves company. I didn't want Schiano for a coach either, though in hindsight he was better than Pruitt but this supposed pedophile connection is a crock of shiot.

P.S. Just remember the guy who investigated Penn State is the same guy who falsely tried to pin the Atlanta Olympic bombing on Richard Jewell.
Here's how it went down (not saying it's true)

Under oath (but heresy):
Asked if Bradley said what Schiano reported, McQueary replied, ‘No, only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning, but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

Response by Schiano:
‘I never saw any abuse, nor had reason to suspect any abuse, during my time at Penn State,’ he told ESPN.

Schiano is probably clean, but the head scratcher. Is Schiano's weak response. I'd have very forcefully denied it. I'd also have found McQueary and stomped a mudhole in him.

Over the years Tennessee has brought in some decent QB’s………just haven’t developed them. We’ve also seen several former Tennessee QB’s go on to be pretty good at other places…………what makes anyone think Greg could have done ANYTHING with Joe? Seriously?

Below are Greg’s top QB’s stats from each of the years he has coached.

01 - 1433 9 td’s 19 int’s
02 - 1875 11 23
03 - 2714 15 19
04 - 3154 17 19
05 - 2818 20 18
06 - 2135 12 13
07 - 3147 20 13
08 - 3418 25 13
09 - 2424 14 10
10 - 2158 13 10
11 - 3123 21 16

20 - 1697 12 8
21 - 1274 7 3

It’s not like his teams have awesome passing QB’s…..or that he seems to know how (or has a staff that can) get a ton out of their QB’s year in and year out.

VN Store

Back